Mine's A Pint

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone.
I just found out that, apparently, my old local, or one of them, is no more - the 'Becket, on the Old Kent Road, where our 'Enry used to train in the rooms above the bar. Used to go there on a Saturday nite to see a band called Bluderbus, with Stevie Blunder on guitar, Mick McCowshit on drums and an organist and vocalist whose names escape me. Happy daze. :drunk:

Although I started this a while ago, this is for all my old locals...

I hope that in 40 years time, all the 20-somethings of today will have as fond a memory of their old stamping grounds as I have.

Remember the lounge and public bars? Carpet in the lounge and sawdust in the public, and a little bit cheaper. And Sundays, the man with the barrow selling shellfish -for me it was always a pint of winkles and a pint of shrimps. Used to have them in a sandwich for tea. Yes, and roast beef for Sunday dinner, straight after the pubs shut at 2 o'clock.

Apparently, "nostalgia" is actually a medical term for a morbid longing for the past. If it is, I have it in spades! :D (But I didn't check, so I may be wrong...)

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/19 ... -gone-band

All my usual instruments/fx.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Since this is the last in this series (sighs of relief all round!) I'm posting the Soundcloud playlist with all the tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/se ... volume-one

https://soundcloud.com/googly-smythe/se ... volume-two
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The song did start a little bit strange, but it progresses very well. The flanger outro added to the feel you were trying to archieve (and you did imo). The only thing that i didn't like was the drums, performance and sound likewise. But only for that song you posted first. That playlist is really nice and i will take my time to listen to it later.

Im not young anymore, but probably too young to get nostalgia out of it. However, i think i got an idea of what you meant. It had some memories come back from some good times long ago. I guess when it comes to music, some things can be very different but still also very similar.

Thanks!

Nubm wrote:The song did start a little bit strange, but it progresses very well. The flanger outro added to the feel you were trying to archieve (and you did imo). The only thing that i didn't like was the drums, performance and sound likewise. But only for that song you posted first. That playlist is really nice and i will take my time to listen to it later.

Im not young anymore, but probably too young to get nostalgia out of it. However, i think i got an idea of what you meant. It had some memories come back from some good times long ago. I guess when it comes to music, some things can be very different but still also very similar.

Thanks!
Hi there, sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. :tu:
Sorry you didn't like the drums. They actually sound very close to what I hear in my head, so what you're hearing is deliberate! No worries, though. :tu:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
HPC rant follows... :scared:

As for the nostalgia, it stems from the sh*th*le my country has become over the last 20 years or so. :evil:

long time since i heard one of your excellent tracks and this one is not an exception. Enjoyed it!

Return to “Music Cafe”