Working in two places - need a second PC with MIDI

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This should be as 3XS SQ370 - Music Studio PC (including options) except where noted "*".

OK, final spec is looking like this. I'd like to get a quote confirming that it'll work, the parts, price and time, please :)
* Fractal Design Node 202 case
* be quiet 120mm Silent Wings 3 case fan x 2
- ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac motherboard
- Intel Core i5 8600 CPU
* Noctua Low Profile NH-L9i CPU fan
- Corsair 32GB DDR4 RAM
* be quiet 500 Watt SFX L Gold PSU
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe - for samples
- Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5” SATA - "C: drive" - boot, OS, swap, temp, user data, apps
- Win 10 Pro OEM Pre-installed (pre-build)
- Zoom UAC-2 USB audio/MIDI interface
- Pre-build warranty (pre-build)
- 3XS Upgrade Premium (pre-build)

I'm certain about the vertical form factor now - and the dimensions must be pretty close, too. However, should there be any problems around the Node 202, the Silverstone ML08B or RVZ02B would be acceptable alternatives (subject to switching out other bits like fans as required).

Case fans - I went with the Silent Wings, even though the Shadow Wings are 3SX approved. Just checking: anything against the Silent Wings? (My gut feel was the smaller case might need the better (per manufacture spec) fans.)

I will also be upgrading one component in my existing computer - so this is a separate item. If you're okay to include it in the quote, please do, otherwise let me know and I'll order online.
- LG Internal Blu Ray Combo

Sorry, been on leave, just catching up on the last few days.

I hear good things about the Silverstone SFXL range and given they appear to be in stock I really should break some out to check over. One thing I'll note, is that there doesn't seem to be a standard testing routine for checking fan noise within the computer industry, so one firm might measure at 1ft and the other firm might be at 1M, so it can sometimes be tricky to work off published figures.

Node should be fine, from what I recall, but should anything happen in build unexpectedly we can look to try a more suitable solution for you of course.

3XS approved tends to apply to all departments, so Video and gaming as you've already noted tend to have different priorities. I swear by the Silent Wings through, solid choice.

Throwing in items for the other system is fine, they'll just note it in a different location on the invoice so it doesn't get built.

Ok, so quote-wise, I don't handle sales, so I have no access to the required part of the system. If you can PM me a contact name/address/phone no/e-mail I will pass your list on to the sales desk and one of those chaps will make contact with you with the quote as requested.

Thanks - you have PM :)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”