Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
low_low
KVRist

366 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

I usually don't comment on songs posted because honestly I don't like some of them .. but this one has some character - optimistic, young, flirty, an easy listen, kind of expansive but in a light way, not a moody introspective thing but more sunshine and blue skies. I like it. Kind of conversant too, or like bugs on a flower. Reminiscent of Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover, airy and fun, it seems like a very innocent thing.
ChamMusic
KVRian

844 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:23 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

wagtunes wrote:@ChamMusic

My new goal in life is to do something that you like. You are my hero.

Great post! Some people just can't take any criticism at all, myself included. LOL

Peace.

Actually I quite like a lot of your work! :0) I wouldn't deny, (your words) that it's a little bit cheesy in certain ways, but it's always interesting with better lyrics than most and often leaves me feeling uplifted!
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
ChamMusic
KVRian

844 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:49 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

And here it is in a beautiful little nutshell...the core of the issue with regard to our 'conversation':

DKDiveDude wrote:If you happen to like, or mostly like this composition, please feel free to comment...

DKDiveDude wrote:I don't want, all others to comment at all.

Your words, NOT mine...you only want comments that pretty much fit in with your own view of your music! :0)

Fair enough...I'm off then...you will get no more comments from me ever...100% guaranteed!

I very strongly suspect that very few, if any, on KVR will argue that I'm balanced, positive, analytical, knowledgeable, constructive and generally positive with my comments...

They are ALWAYS intended to communicate what I like about a track / suggest ways in which people can possibly improve their music...maybe read a few of my other posts and the replies I usually get?

It's not wanted here so I'll stop - simple! :0)

DKDiveDude wrote:Wow does this person not have anything better to do? Get a life. You already hijacked. Stop harassing me or do I have to get a restraining order?

That is simply a rude, personal attack and completely unnecessary...but seeing as you asked...

Last few days in between the very few minutes I spent typing on this thread, I sketched out 2 full orchestral pieces for a director...both drafts accepted...fee agreed...just finishing them off / mixing and mastering today and tomorrow...life's going well, thanks!

If you're seriously thinking that I'm harassing you, why not log the whole thread with the cafe moderators and see what response you get...feel free!

That's all folks...Looney Tunes theme here please....I'm no longer following this thread and I've blocked the OP so he can't DM me! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
DKDiveDude
KVRist

47 posts since 15 Oct, 2015, from Nc, USA

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

You still don't get it.

You liked about 8% of this composition, or at least that is what you suggested I boiled it down to.

In other words you thought the other 92%, the VAST majority, was not good.

In other words you did not like the composition.

That someone says they do not like my composition, although respected, is not what I asked people to comment on. It is not helpful, it is not constructive, it is destructive criticism because I would never discard 92% of a composition because of one person's comment.
"Scuba divers work best under pressure!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DKDiveDude (Original music and hardware videos)
DKDiveDude
KVRist

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:05 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

low_low wrote:I usually don't comment on songs posted because honestly I don't like some of them .. but this one has some character - optimistic, young, flirty, an easy listen, kind of expansive but in a light way, not a moody introspective thing but more sunshine and blue skies. I like it. Kind of conversant too, or like bugs on a flower. Reminiscent of Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover, airy and fun, it seems like a very innocent thing.

Thank you very much for taking the time to positively comment on my composition. That just doubled the number of people who like it from one, being me, to two. Ok so it is still way off from 6 billion likes.

DKDiveDude
KVRist

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

ChamMusic wrote:And here it is in a beautiful little nutshell...the core of the issue with regard to our 'conversation':

DKDiveDude wrote:If you happen to like, or mostly like this composition, please feel free to comment...

Your words, NOT mine...you only want comments that pretty much fit in with your own view of your music! :0)

And off course you would twist my words into the literal extreme, already having cut words from the complete sentence taking it out of context.

What I meant was more like, I just spent some time creating a composition. It is not a job for somebody else, so off course I like it and am pretty satisfied with it. Even more so as I wrote that I just spent a few hours a day for the past two weeks revising this hour long creation. However, but unless you mostly dislike this song as I am not going to rewrite or otherwise edit most of it, I am certainly interested in other people opinion on how else I can improve it in moderate ways.

And again that does not mean, I am interested in opinions that I should cut away or redo 92%.
Last edited by DKDiveDude on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes
KVRAF

12934 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

DKDiveDude wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:And here it is in a beautiful little nutshell...the core of the issue with regard to our 'conversation':

And off course you would twist my words into the literal extreme.

What I meant was more like, I just spent some time creating a composition. It is not a job for somebody else, so off course I like it and am pretty satisfied with it. Even more so as I wrote that I just spent a few hours a day for the past two weeks revising this hour long creation. However, but unless you mostly dislike this song as I am not going to rewrite or otherwise edit most of it, I am certainly interested in other people opinion on how else I can improve it in moderate ways.

And again that does not mean, I am interested in opinions that I should cut away or redo 92%.

You should probably refrain from posting in a public forum then. When you put your music out there, people are going to comment. In fact, as long as they don't violate any forum rules, they're allowed to comment, regardless of what you want and don't want to hear.

I know that when I post a song here I'm going to get one comment in specific more than any other, synthetic vocals are ruining my songs. I can't stop people from making that comment even though it's been made over and over and over. So I have 3 choices.

1. Stop posting music with synthetic vocals.

2. Continue to fight with people when they make these comments.

3. Accept that this is a pretty wide spread feeling and just accept it and ignore it.

The first one is not an option at all. The 2nd one just causes me grief and ruins my day, so I'm done doing it. That's just leaves number 3. I can't control what others say but I can control how I deal with it.

So if you're only looking for positive or mostly positive comments, you're in the wrong place.

I am speaking from very personal experience.

Take my advice, don't take my advice.

It's up to you.
DKDiveDude
KVRist

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:51 am Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

wagtunes wrote:
DKDiveDude wrote:

You should probably refrain from posting in a public forum then. When you put your music out there, people are going to comment. In fact, as long as they don't violate any forum rules, they're allowed to comment, regardless of what you want and don't want to hear.

I know that when I post a song here I'm going to get one comment in specific more than any other, synthetic vocals are ruining my songs. I can't stop people from making that comment even though it's been made over and over and over. So I have 3 choices.

3. Accept that this is a pretty wide spread feeling and just accept it and ignore it.

The first one is not an option at all. The 2nd one just causes me grief and ruins my day, so I'm done doing it. That's just leaves number 3. I can't control what others say but I can control how I deal with it.

So if you're only looking for positive or mostly positive comments, you're in the wrong place.

It's up to you.

Thank you for your comments. Actually positive comments is not really what I am looking for, but sure it is nice to get such. I just spent three weeks, a few hours a day revising this hour long song, so I am not going to take somebody's advice when they suggest I cut away, or redo 92%. Like I have been trying to point out to chammusic, is that 92% or a 100% it is more or less the same. He does not like the overall song! Fine I respect that. What I am very much interested in is, how I in small to moderate ways may be able to improve, and such comments I will not get from somebody who do not at all like the song, but from people who like it a LOT more than 8%. Does this make any sense?

wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

wagtunes wrote:
DKDiveDude wrote:

It's up to you.

Thank you for your comments. Actually positive comments is not really what I am looking for, but sure it is nice to get such. I just spent three weeks, a few hours a day revising this hour long song, so I am not going to take somebody's advice when they suggest I cut away, or redo 92%. Like I have been trying to point out to chammusic, is that 92% or a 100% it is more or less the same. He does not like the overall song! Fine I respect that. What I am very much interested in is, how I in small to moderate ways may be able to improve, and such comments I will not get from somebody who do not at all like the song, but from people who like it a LOT more than 8%. Does this make any sense?

Doesn't matter if it makes sense. Your expectations are irrelevant. They won't stop people from commenting the way THEY want to comment.

It's up to YOU to determine how YOU deal with it.
tehlord
KVRAF

7666 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

It's not progressive trance.

It's like a one hour bad soundset demo from a decade ago.
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 9

Overall - 7.5

Comments: Finally decided to give this a listen. I am typing this as of about the 7 minute mark of the piece. No need to really listen to much more. Certainly don't need to listen to an hour of this. Know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of those AI generated pieces of music. It's basically an "intelligent" loop. As ChamMusic said, there simply isn't enough variation in this piece to justify an hour length. You may enjoy listening to something like this, and I can too up to a point, but your average listener isn't going to listen to something like this for an hour unless they're into stuff like Nyan Cat, which drives me nuts. Musically, there are interesting sections. The mix is fine, for the most part. The performance is certainly adequate. But the overall "ambiance" is so generic that after a while, it's boring. I am right now at about 12 minutes and I've really had about enough. I absolutely can't listen to an hour of this. It's a shame. As a shorter piece, this could have been really great as there are some excellent ideas here. But it's like trying to stuff 20 pounds of chocolate fudge down your throat in one sitting.
DKDiveDude
KVRist

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

Thank you for your comment. I totally understand this is not for you. At about 12 minutes you made it to the beginning of part 3, where it does not change much until part 4 around 17 minutes in. I suspect, although this composition style may not be "Progressive Trance", it may identify more with that audience who seems to enjoy repetitive patterns and slowly evolving dance music.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

DKDiveDude wrote:Thank you for your comment. I totally understand this is not for you. At about 12 minutes you made it to the beginning of part 3, where it does not change much until part 4 around 17 minutes in. I suspect, although this composition style may not be "Progressive Trance", it may identify more with that audience who seems to enjoy repetitive patterns and slowly evolving dance music.

Except

1. It could be for me. I like this kind of music. I've done my own Trance style tracks. I just don't like 1 hour of trance that sounds all the same.

2. You say I made it to the beginning of part 3? I couldn't tell one part from another. It all sounds relatively the same.

Is there an audience for this? I guess. I honestly don't know.

But again, not the point. The point is, you can't stop people from commenting on your music when you put it out there on a public forum. If you can't accept that, you're going to be in for one miserable time around this place.
DKDiveDude
KVRist

Postby DKDiveDude; Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

Thanks again for your comments.

Yes the first three parts share some string/pad chords, only minor change there from part one and three, where as after part 3 the string/pad chords change to something entirely different for each part.

Sure there is an audience for this, at the very least two on planet earth from this forum so far, including myself, and a few likes on the four Youtube video revisions, and a few from Facebook. There is an audience for any kind of music. For example lots of people love country & western music, but I want to throw up after listening to 10 seconds. The same goes for modern pop music, although there I do not feel like vomiting until after 30 seconds.

I actually never wanted to stop people from commenting. I am just only interested in the comments that in minor to moderate ways suggest how I can improve.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm Re: Infinity - One hour exercise, mind trip EDM music

DKDiveDude wrote:Thanks again for your comments.

Yes the first three parts share some string/pad chords, only minor change there from part one and three, where as after part 3 the string/pad chords change to something entirely different for each part.

Sure there is an audience for this, at the very least two on planet earth from this forum so far, including myself, and a few likes on the four Youtube video revisions, and a few from Facebook. There is an audience for any kind of music. For example lots of people love country & western music, but I want to throw up after listening to 10 seconds. The same goes for modern pop music, although there I do not feel like vomiting until after 30 seconds.

I actually never wanted to stop people from commenting. I am just only interested in the comments that in minor to moderate ways suggest how I can improve.

And yet you argued with the poster who didn't comment the way you wanted him to. If you weren't interested in his comments why didn't you just ignore him instead of making a big issue out of it?
PreviousNext

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe