Sinevibes released Luminance shimmer reverb plugin for macOS!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey :)
Sinevibes released today Luminance shimmer reverb plugin for macOS (AU)
Luminance.png

Feedback delay network with 8×8 Hadamard matrix, cubic Hermite spline interpolation and variable time span.
Granular pitch shifter and two-pole low-pass filter for shimmer effect shaping.
Sine generator with unique phase-flipped modulation routing.
Separate level controls for dry input signal, reverb send and return signals allowing multiple routing configurations.
Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/08/sin ... n-mac.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Interesting. Wonder how it compares to ValhallaDSP Shimmer.

Fleer wrote:Interesting. Wonder how it compares to ValhallaDSP Shimmer.
Quite different. I have Valhalla Shimmer and from the experiments I did so far with Luminance, I prefer the latest. I'll still try it with more material but so far I think Luminance sounds richer, more vibrant and smoother, less grainy and muddy than Valhalla Shimmer. It seems to stick better to the sound. Very very nice and velvetish :phones:

Interesting, thanks. Apparently it could be close to that new ChromaVerb in Logic ...

Fleer wrote:Interesting, thanks. Apparently it could be close to that new ChromaVerb in Logic ...
Give it a try! Amazing shimmering coating. Especially for organic sounds, drones, pads & soundscapes.

Just bought it :D

i was messing around with it and it started putting me to sleep

https://orig00.deviantart.net/5e33/f/20 ... ckgoup.mp3

Are they ever going to release for windows?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I like Sinevibes and have almost all of his plugins (and I do like his odd synths, too). After downloading the demo, it's really nice as expected, but for me, Toneboosters Reverb 4 has a lot more going for it solely from the modulation perspective. It can achieve some really crazy sounds by lfo'ing not only the shimmer pitch, but the depth of the pitch (which can keep it more musical). Having the gate and e.q. on board (and manipulating) is pretty fantastic, as well.

Adaptiverb probably beats them all...

martinjuenke wrote:Adaptiverb probably beats them all...
It costs 10 times more than Luminance, so I suppose it should :)

AdamWysokinski wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Adaptiverb probably beats them all...
It costs 10 times more than Luminance, so I suppose it should :)
That‘s quite right. I just wondered if it brings something new when already having Adaptiverb... I currently try to avoid any redundancies in my plugin folder...

Well, not having Adaptiverb - I don't know :) I already have Valhalla Shimmer (I like it, but sometimes it's a bit too "muddy"/grainy) and decided to put the Luminance into my "for consideration" category. But I already have most of the Sinevibes plugins and really like them: great gui, great sound, nice workflow..

I have Adaptiverb as well. Totally another beast in its own class. Adaptiverb is almost a resynthesizer tool melted into a reverb, way much complex (and expensive of course!).

Luminance is much more simpler and straight forward. But it does shimmering in a very nice mellow way, for a pretty reasonable price too I think. So far, I really like it.

Then again, Adaptiverb rules :tu:

This sounds really nice!

One of these days, I really need to go back through all their stuff, decide what I like, and pick them up. Some unique-sounding stuff. Just.. not quite all of it seems musical/useful, to me. This reverb definitely is, though. :tu:

Return to “Effects”