KVRist
489 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:53 am

discoDSP wrote:Discovery Pro
Corona
Bliss

All of them at https://www.discodsp.com/
Well, of course, you would say that!!! :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

Hey, by the way, thank you for supporting Linux, man. 8) 8)

discoDSP
KVRAF
3745 posts since 18 Jul, 2002

Re: VSTi plugins with resizable interfaces

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 am

You're welcome :) We're proud of being the first (or among) developer to release a commercial VST synth for Linux 8)

Examigan
KVRAF
4369 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:54 am

discoDSP wrote:Discovery Pro
Corona
Bliss

All of them at https://www.discodsp.com/
I mentioned Discovery Pro already. :wink: It's a great synth and I don't seem hear enough about it around here.

Grizzellda
KVRist
489 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 am

discoDSP wrote:You're welcome :) We're proud of being the first (or among) developer to release a commercial VST synth for Linux 8)
Superb! I don't yet own any of your stuff, but I am demoing Discovery Pro and it is a very nice instrument, all the way around. Nice and big, clear GUI, solid in the sound, super duper really...

Hey, if you feel like posting, tell me how ya feel about Linux, as a developer? :hihi:

kvotchin
KVRer
18 posts since 9 Aug, 2018

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:35 am

Wow, lots of interesting things I hadn’t even heard of! Thanks y’all!

So far, Vertigo is looking particularly tasty, but then again, quite a few more to check out...

ZeePok
KVRian
1096 posts since 22 Aug, 2004 from Edge City, the Low Country

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 am

kvotchin wrote:Are there many, and of those, any truly excellent ones?

Thanks.

Aurora FM

A great new FM synth for an absolute no-brainer price! :) :cool: :borg:

Fully resizable (scale by mousewheel combo)

Lotuzia
KVRAF
9726 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:35 am

Some synths also propose several sizes. Usually, one of them fitting one's screen.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

chk071
KVRAF
17292 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:38 am

Someone has to ask: Is the resize-ability the main argument for your plugin choice? Because for me, it's rather down there... in 20th place or something. All plugins work in full HD resolution, so, it's rather a comfort function for me. I wished every plugin would work in 1366x768 as well though (still a popular resolution for low spec, or small screen laptops).

Mutant
KVRAF
3344 posts since 9 Oct, 2004 from Poland

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Xhip.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

GreyLion
KVRAF
2944 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:43 pm

chk071 wrote:Someone has to ask: Is the resize-ability the main argument for your plugin choice? Because for me, it's rather down there... in 20th place or something. All plugins work in full HD resolution, so, it's rather a comfort function for me. I wished every plugin would work in 1366x768 as well though (still a popular resolution for low spec, or small screen laptops).
It's become the #1 criterion for me, since moving to 4K. The older plugs with small, busy GUIs aren't usable any more. The simpler effects, with only a few knobs, can sometimes be okay, unless they have readouts of some kind that I can't read anymore.

What I sometimes wonder is -- just how hard is it to modify plugs so that their GUI can be increased in, say, 25% jumps? I know that going to full stretchiness is a lot of work, but I think this is the year that devs are starting to see sales lost as we transition up to hi-res displays and they don't put the energy in to staying up with that transition.

kvotchin
KVRer
18 posts since 9 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:06 am

^ 4k crew checking in. It really does matter in some cases. If you have the very best eyesight in the world... maybe not? Either way, it matters to me.

chk071
KVRAF
17292 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:08 am

GreyLion wrote:
What I sometimes wonder is -- just how hard is it to modify plugs so that their GUI can be increased in, say, 25% jumps? I know that going to full stretchiness is a lot of work, but I think this is the year that devs are starting to see sales lost as we transition up to hi-res displays and they don't put the energy in to staying up with that transition.
Dunno. The only synth i wished had a resizing option, because it won't fit on a 1366x768 is Waldorf Largo. I'd imagine it is not trivial, otherwise older plugins would be updated.

Return to “Instruments”