Polysynth in 2.0 - will filter get fixed ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Polysynth could easily become my only synth in music production, especially after v2 update when it finally gets stereo width control.

The only thing that keeps me back from using polysynth is its filter:

1. When you make a pluck sound and envelope modulation is set to 100%, the filter is not fully opening ( highest frequencies are always cut out no matter what )
2. It always sounds like there is some portion of resonance adden ( easy to hear on plucks ) even if the resonance parameter is set to 0%

I don’t care that much about characteristics or any analog emulations, all I want is clean, fully controllable sound.

*sorry for simple english and grammar mistakes

Maykie wrote:When you make a pluck sound and envelope modulation is set to 100%, the filter is not fully opening ( highest frequencies are always cut out no matter what )
Oh yeah. Extremely annoying thing for me too.
I found some temporarily solution, not the best one but better than nothing
The trick is to push a filter with envelope a bit further buy assigning FEG (filter env) to cutoff and add a bit more range to cutoff even if EG knob on filter section is fully open.
FFFFFк.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This does not seem to work on my end. The top end is still cut off even if I assign a modulator to modulate past the maximum. PS a button would do the same won't it?
Indeed annoying the filter cuts off the high end. It's a lot and very audible.

Set resonance to 50%.

M-Prod wrote:This does not seem to work on my end. The top end is still cut off even if I assign a modulator to modulate past the maximum. PS a button would do the same won't it?
Indeed annoying the filter cuts off the high end. It's a lot and very audible.
I agree.
I really would like to use the polysynth because it's fast and efficient for white noise wooshes but it isn't possible because of the massive highcut that is going on.

Filter range seems to be improved in Beta 2.4 4, going up to 30.000khz instead of 20.000khz. :party:

kpv wrote:Filter range seems to be improved in Beta 2.4 4, going up to 30.000khz instead of 20.000khz. :party:
I like it, but it still doesn't fully open unless you tailor the resonance to the right amount.

I think that's true of most synths though, it's not hugely common to get a filter that opens so high that it has no perceptible volume drop at the top end of the audible spectrum.

Having said that, it is still quite accentuated on Polysynth, I just compared it to Hive & Serum and both of those have noticeable but much less significant high end roll off on a basic saw wave when fully opened.

I'd rather not make a new thread about this so I might as well ask here... so far I've not found any way to achieve this... is there any way to mute both oscillators in the Polysynth, leaving only the noise generators to be filtered?

kpv wrote:I'd rather not make a new thread about this so I might as well ask here... so far I've not found any way to achieve this... is there any way to mute both oscillators in the Polysynth, leaving only the noise generators to be filtered?
Put the noise up to 100% and it is only noise

This shuold be fixed. It really limits the range of sounds you can get out of polysynth.

pdxindy wrote:
kpv wrote:I'd rather not make a new thread about this so I might as well ask here... so far I've not found any way to achieve this... is there any way to mute both oscillators in the Polysynth, leaving only the noise generators to be filtered?

Cheers pdxindy! :hyper:

pdxindy wrote:
Oh jeez I never even realised the noise knob was a crossfader too! Thanks

Return to “Bitwig”