Basil - Fearless (2018) (Dubstep)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting Note:
YT version was much more listenable to than the SC one...SC one sounded harsher and overly compressed?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall I thought it worked quite well...all the DS components are in there and they click together pretty well.

For me, it just lacked a serious killer hook of some sort...strong lead melody or whatever....just to take it even 'higher'?

Good job, though.

ChamMusic wrote:Interesting Note:
YT version was much more listenable to than the SC one...SC one sounded harsher and overly compressed?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall I thought it worked quite well...all the DS components are in there and they click together pretty well.

For me, it just lacked a serious killer hook of some sort...strong lead melody or whatever....just to take it even 'higher'?

Good job, though.
Thanks for pointing out the YouTube and sound cloud comparison. I use the highest quality settings for YouTube and I know sound cloud limits itself to a lower bitrate. I get what you mean by a strong lead melody. This track I spent more time than usual, and though I know there's always room for improvement I think gradually I will reach that point where I can properly provide a quality track. Thanks for your honest feedback!

LickBasil wrote: I know sound cloud limits itself to a lower bitrate.
You may have done anyway, but...

Never use mp3s on SC, even high quality 320 Kb/S ...always go for CD quality uncompressed wav files as they sound better after SC has 'done it's worst'! :0)

ChamMusic wrote:
LickBasil wrote: I know sound cloud limits itself to a lower bitrate.
You may have done anyway, but...

Never use mp3s on SC, even high quality 320 Kb/S ...always go for CD quality uncompressed wav files as they sound better after SC has 'done it's worst'! :0)
Yea I did the wav thing and I remember reading some article that said how important it is to leave some extra ceiling room on the master limiter when uploading to sound cloud, or something like that.

Return to “Music Cafe”