your "super-synth" ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Cinebient wrote:.......
But the only really super synth is if i combine them all in my DAW with my favorite FX and midi FX on top.
Against some nice layered sounds all single synths are boring.
Sounds like : A violin sounds boring VS a String Section, and a Soprano Sax VS a Brass Section ...

Whatever layered or single : People behind the synths make them sing. Or less. :shrug:
Sure and 1 + 1 = 3
You don't think that the person using the synth affects the output?

Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
But the only really super synth is if i combine them all in my DAW with my favorite FX and midi FX on top.
Sounds like : A violin sounds boring VS a String Section, and a Soprano Sax VS a Brass Section ...

Whatever layered or single : People behind the synths make them sing. Or less. :shrug:
Sure and 1 + 1 = 3
no , this is why some people sell patch library...
even if the only thing to know are ADSR and LFO....
The synth i use have all different character.
(modular , FF one , Zebra, avenger....)

hivkorn wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Sure and 1 + 1 = 3
A patch by itself doesn't make a good song, no matter how good the patch is. Song construction and mixing, which are talents, can make a difference between a patch sounding great, good, or even bad.

My super synth is the one that sounds right at the right time.

Well, that would be a stupor-synth. :D

Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Sure and 1 + 1 = 3
Sure, but that has nothing to do with a violin in this thread as well as all our meanings are just that....no fact.
Maybe we always have to put the words „my opinion is....“ before everything written on KVR.
As usual anyway just another my favorite synth or workflow thread.
My fault of course to even write something here.
It makes not much sense mostly to write anything in any thread on KVR these days :D

Cinebient wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Sure and 1 + 1 = 3

It makes not much sense mostly to write anything in any thread on KVR these days :D
You're just figuring that out?

wagtunes wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Sure and 1 + 1 = 3
A patch by itself doesn't make a good song, no matter how good the patch is. Song construction and mixing, which are talents, can make a difference between a patch sounding great, good, or even bad.
Though if the patch is both bad and poorly played, chances to make it sound good are approaching zero, no matter one's mixing talents ...

Anyway, this was about someone outlining that a non layered patch sounded 'boring' compared to a layered one. Vangelis and legions of other talented people proved you can think otherwise. Not that layering isn't good in itself, it's pretty effective and usefull in some cases, but single sounds can sing violently beautifully as well : It's all about the men behind the synths.(Sometimes called 'musicians' as in 'people making music, or 'the' music)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Anyway, this was about someone outlining that a non layered patch sounded 'boring' compared to a layered one. Vangelis and legions of other talented people proved you can think otherwise. Not that layering isn't good in itself, it's pretty effective and usefull in some cases, but single sounds can sing violently beautifully as well : It's all about the men behind the synths.(Sometimes called 'musicians' as in 'people making music, or 'the' music

the best trick to know is to understand 100 % your synth to do what you want.

I think knowing the synth was the start point assumed by all posters though ...
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Aalto

wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Sure and 1 + 1 = 3

You're just figuring that out?
There are still worse places than KVR but also much more friendly ones as well.
It´s in the middle somewhere.
Of course a shame in general since life is hell and then you see people bitching each other on forums on top. But i guess that is the nature of (most) humans.
I´m not better at all mostly of course.
I still enjoy KVR a bit but of course it could be a better place if we all would work on it :wink:

A "super-synth" is the one with the best super-saw.

Lotuzia wrote:

Sax is a woodwind. :P

Return to “Instruments”