AME midi notes b3 and c4 stop function after C6 or B5 are played

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I reported this issue directly to Ample Sound last year and they indicated it would be corrected in a later release; but so far has not. I'll post it here so to see if other's experience the same thing.

Current VST : AME version 2.5.5
C4 = middle C

The problem is this: When using the AME virtual instrument, if you play midi notes C6 or B5 (frets 18 or 17), notes b3 and c4 can no longer be played. I can see the midi being transmitted, but AME will not play a note.

I tried to attach a midi file as a demonstration but apparently .mid files aren't allowed. The midi file would run up and down a CM scale. Measure one runs up from C3 to C5 then down to C4 and alters between notes C4 and B3 a couple of times. Then in measure three, the scale runs up from C3 but skips C5 and jumps to C6 and comes back down to B4 and continues the scale like before. This time when it gets to C4 and B3 to alternate between them, there is no sound during these midi events.

I'd be curious if anyone can test out a midi file with the AME vst to see if they have the same experience. If you don't want to test a midi file, just try playing the highest c fret on the AME and then try playing middle C using a midi device.

My guess as to what is happening is in the programming, when the kneck position has switched to this high fret, the code can't solve where to pick the fret for middle C.

Thank you

Yes I am experiencing the same thing.

A quick neck position change (F1+whatever) after the C6 or B5 allows the B3/C4 to sound normally. It's kind of an annoying workaround but it's there.

Thank you for the response and the workaround suggestion.

The notes will reset if the low C string is engaged also. It just gets a bit difficult to implement a workaround when playing live. AME seems to be the only one of the Ample Sound VSTs that have this glitch.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will implement a solution for this in version 3.0.

Best regards.

Return to “Ample Sound”