Filters of Mass Destruction - audio demos

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As FMD progresses I can attempt to more perfectly clone the real world filters. For now we are in the early part of the filter wars where most of the filters are noisy, chaotic, lo-fi, prototypes of the to-be legendary filters.

Legendary filter list:
  • Japan: MS-20
  • Russia: Polivoks (will be named Полевик (Polevik) in FMD)
  • UK: Wasp (will be named Hornet in FMD)
  • USA: Moog (rename to be decided)
  • Germany: A-106-1 Xtreme (will be named Nachzehrer in FMD)
Will try to post a new filter once a day until the selection feels complete.

Russia - Полевик-1 (Polevik-1)
- Highly bubbly and chaotic triangular resonance.
"Our first filter core is highly unstable, but very promising. —name classified, lead of weapons research"

Moog should be Cowg just to annoy all the people on the pronunciation of Bob's surname :D

I don't care if theyre clones, I want some different characterful filters like how youre synths are dirty and different
Amazon: why not use an alternative

i must admit my curiosity is piqued by the polivoks

Guillaume Piolat wrote:Honestly I liked the marketing and most of all the sound examples!
Same here. :tu:

Architeuthis wrote:As FMD progresses I can attempt to more perfectly clone the real world filters. For now we are in the early part of the filter wars where most of the filters are noisy, chaotic, lo-fi, prototypes of the to-be legendary filters.

Legendary filter list:
[*]UK: Wasp (will be named Hornet in FMD)
Would point out that the VST version of the Wasp is already called Da Hornet, although I'm not sure what potential intellectual copyright issues exist with clones.

mcbpete wrote:Moog should be Cowg just to annoy all the people on the pronunciation of Bob's surname :D
Well if he wanted his name to be pronounced correctly, he should've been writing it as "Mogue". :lol: I mean, it's probably the only example of "oo" being pronounced as something OTHER than /ʊ/ (book), /u:/ (boot) or /ʌ/ (blood).

Seriously, inconsistencies of English are quite terrible.

I do like "Cowg", though. Haha. :lol:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Architeuthis wrote:As FMD progresses I can attempt to more perfectly clone the real world filters. For now we are in the early part of the filter wars where most of the filters are noisy, chaotic, lo-fi, prototypes of the to-be legendary filters.

Legendary filter list:
  • Japan: MS-20
  • Russia: Polivoks (will be named Полевик (Polevik) in FMD)
  • UK: Wasp (will be named Hornet in FMD)
  • USA: Moog (rename to be decided)
  • Germany: A-106-1 Xtreme (will be named Nachzehrer in FMD)
Will try to post a new filter once a day until the selection feels complete.

Russia - Полевик-1 (Polevik-1)
- Highly bubbly and chaotic triangular resonance.
"Our first filter core is highly unstable, but very promising. —name classified, lead of weapons research"
I am on board as a watcher. Sounds very good. I am curious what will come out in the end.

What´s about PPG or SEM filters (okay, I get it - not destructive enough) - but a Steiner Parker filter could be listed too.

Will this be a new synth be based on your Oscillator Modules which are already avaible? Or just a pure filter plugin?

I am on the waiting list for a synth where you put multiple OSCs into it to combine the various synthesis forms of your oscillator modules...this could become real epic for noise and synth lovers alike. Do you have a time schedule for such a thing?

Cheers and a lot of enjoyment forfilling your visions :party: :tu:
Last edited by nichttuntun on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

nichttuntun wrote:What´s about PPG or SEM filters (okay, I get it - not destructive enough) - but a Steiner Parker filter could be listed too.
I'll look into these in the future.

nichttuntun wrote:Will this be a new synth be based on your Oscillator Modules which are already avaible? Or just a pure filter plugin?
Pure filter plugin. What oscillator modules??? Oscilloscope Music stuff?
nichttuntun wrote:I am on the waiting list for a synth where you put multiple OSCs into it to combine the various synthesis forms of your oscillator modules...this could become real epic for noise and synth lovers alike. Do you have a time schedule for such a thing?
No time frame. For FMD hopefully by Christmas. Hopefully sooner. As for a synth, I'm currently developing unique components (oscillators, filters, envelope generators, unique modulation, unique apreggiator) for an eventual crazy synth. Hmm, just got an idea. I need to work on the chaotic arpeggiator. I should release a free toy plugin demonstrating the concept.

Hi. Yes I meant the oscilloscope music stuff.

Synth:
What will Chaosfly become? Will this be your synth you are talking about? I am dripping :D

nichttuntun wrote:What will Chaosfly become? Will this be your synth you are talking about? I am dripping :D
When I asked them that (as I ended up with a serial for it when I bought the bundle without knowing what on earth was!) I got this:
Chaosfly is one of those things that is promised but may forever remain a concept. Instead of it becoming a product, it continues to inspire features that I will be implementing in other products.

You could say that FMD is powered by Chaosfly, and FMD will be the next big thing Soundemote will release. Not sure when it will be released, but this year we will be releasing a tech demo for FMD.

Hi guys at Soundemote.
Maybe sometimes it makes more sense on the long run to be focused on few things.

At the moment I got the feeling you opened a lot constructions for things which ate not whole and not half.

A synth which combines a lot of your ideas and offers something new to the market would be really cool and could get a big deal in the VST world. But that's a long long way. Wish you luck with that plan and reallyyyyyyy hope you don't get lost between too many loose ideas and unfinished experiments.

I will stay on track but I won't buy another small of your many many many modules... until there maybe will be a really finished sound system which can be considered as well thought out and standing out in the pool of plugins. 8)

Looking forward to this, Architeuthis. :tu:

A new contender enters the stage, ready for war.

Code: Select all

THE UNITED STATES have completed their first FMD. Highly stable and multipurpose.
USA - Flower Child
- All purpose super clean filter with searing hot resonance that can be overdriven.
"We want peace! No more war!" —chanting heard from the street

Spent a long time getting this one sounding perfect figuring out how to make this style of filter (who woulda thought a clean sounding filter is the most difficult? hmm, makes sense actually), hope that it becomes a goto filter. Is there a real world filter this might sound like??
Last edited by Architeuthis on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”