darkQ - A new day on a forgotten world...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new chill track to wake up... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jyIvwgah2U

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 5

Overall - 7

Comments: Nice thunderstorm intro. Just a little too long. The point was made at the 30 second mark. When the music comes in the storm should start subsiding into the background. For too long it overpowers the music. This could have been a very beautiful peace but the storm becomes a distraction and annoying after a while. It isn't until about the 3 minute mark that the music finally takes over. At that point the whole thing is just overly bombastic. It's like one giant wall of sound. The sad thing is I hear so much potential in this piece. But in its current state, I can just about listen to it. The mix is just all wrong, for me anyway. Disclaimer...The above is JUST my opinion, so take it for the half penny that it's worth.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 5

Overall - 7

Comments: Nice thunderstorm intro. Just a little too long. The point was made at the 30 second mark. When the music comes in the storm should start subsiding into the background. For too long it overpowers the music. This could have been a very beautiful peace but the storm becomes a distraction and annoying after a while. It isn't until about the 3 minute mark that the music finally takes over. At that point the whole thing is just overly bombastic. It's like one giant wall of sound. The sad thing is I hear so much potential in this piece. But in its current state, I can just about listen to it. The mix is just all wrong, for me anyway. Disclaimer...The above is JUST my opinion, so take it for the half penny that it's worth.
I thinks its waves lapping, don't quote me on this though.
I think your completely correct on the mix though, its big, a bit too big, levels seem okay but overall volume is way off, again, this is just an opinion as I am not a musician :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Music Cafe”