The Age of Uselessness (( updated 17/8/18))

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus wrote:Listening to this after a nice dinner. It fits the bill beautifully. Relaxing and evolving...
Well done!
:)
Thankyouverymuch, still needs a bit of mastering, which hopefully will improve it, glad you like :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Sounds like the kind of music Warp records released during the 90s. There's some really nice sounds there, the overall tone is smooth yet engaging. Its in need of a solid bass punctuation here and there, maybe not a continuous bassline, but a little subs would be great.

Sono_Elements wrote:Sounds like the kind of music Warp records released during the 90s. There's some really nice sounds there, the overall tone is smooth yet engaging. Its in need of a solid bass punctuation here and there, maybe not a continuous bassline, but a little subs would be great.
Many thanks for listening and commenting, Warp 90's 8) Great time for electronic music.
Will look into adding bass to this, as its been mentioned a few times, will probably do another mix and have a contrasting version, as this was put together and mixed in a few hours. :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Frantz wrote:All the sound seems concentrated in the mid-range frequencies.
yeah, i'm seeing one big resonant peak from 200hz to 1Khz.... :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Frantz wrote:All the sound seems concentrated in the mid-range frequencies.
yeah, i'm seeing one big resonant peak from 200hz to 1Khz.... :hihi:
Thanks for listening and commenting.

Yes, that's a wooden block type thing, that I ignored to get the track in the OsC.
So its still a WIP, but hey, you can't win em all, or any of them by my record :D

@layzer
Just a question, not sure you'll view this post again.
I'm wondering whether you took into consideration the term lofi in the title and if you are fixated with your analysis thingmabob or you have tone controls available, like treble and bass to allow some control yourself for your aural experience?
Yes, I understand this track has flaws with regards to resonance, but I did the whole thing in a few hours, so didn't really evaluate properly b4 posting :)

I've looked at a number of CD and vinyl spectrums over the years and not all are to a pinknoise standard, is that what you look to achieve every time or do you switch it off and assess the music souly with your ears?
I'm not having a go or anything, as I said " just wondering" :)

Okay, hopefully have made some improvement to this :D

Really enjoyed this (Update version). Nice relaxing track,good mix with enough going on to keep it interesting. The sub is a nice fit. Great work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:Really enjoyed this (Update version). Nice relaxing track,good mix with enough going on to keep it interesting. The sub is a nice fit. Great work! :tu:
Thankyouverymuch, starting to get a handle on digital :D

Great blend of sounds with a subtle, well-judged ebb and flow of ideas!

Very Herbie Hancock in many ways...Head Hunters period.

The only thing, (referring back to the HH comparison), was that I was constantly waiting for the quirky but smooth sax riff to enter...followed by the meandering rise and fall of a Rhodes solo! :0)

ChamMusic wrote:Great blend of sounds with a subtle, well-judged ebb and flow of ideas!

Very Herbie Hancock in many ways...Head Hunters period.

The only thing, (referring back to the HH comparison), was that I was constantly waiting for the quirky but smooth sax riff to enter...followed by the meandering rise and fall of a Rhodes solo! :0)
Thankyouverymuch, it was made for KVR OsC Fullbuckets Scroo in which I came in 16th outta 20 competitors, although that was with the original mix.
Sax solo, wanted to play sax as a kid, teacher gave me trumpet, I tried to say, not the same, sax is more woodwind, made of brass type instrument, he looked at me like I was an idiot, so, as he was an adult and obviously knew best, I accepted that I was an idiot and took the trumpet, that lasted 3 months as my family made me practice in.the downstairs toilet.
Does this sound a bit bitter, sorry, just made me reminiscent of past times :(
Herbie Hancock, Super :D
I'll probably try a few more things on this, as it was created in.a couple hours, so a Rhodes may be possible, I'll just see what I can Scroo outta.the Scroo :)

I hope none of these comments get taken outta context........

Eauson wrote:Sax solo, wanted to play sax as a kid, teacher gave me trumpet
Careful..you're talking to someone who played the trumpet professionally for many years! :0)
Eauson wrote:so a Rhodes may be possible, I'll just see what I can Scroo outta.the Scroo
I would maybe try a different sound source for a solo line now the comps outta the way! :0)

ChamMusic wrote:
Eauson wrote:Sax solo, wanted to play sax as a kid, teacher gave me trumpet
Careful..you're talking to someone who played the trumpet professionally for many years! :0)
Eauson wrote:so a Rhodes may be possible, I'll just see what I can Scroo outta.the Scroo
I would maybe try a different sound source for a solo line now the comps outta the way! :0)
I'm definitely not knocking the trumpet, some of my favourite musicians are trumpeters. Trumpery trump trump trump :)
I gained some valuable experience from my time attempting to learn and my kissing the girls technique was helped no end ;)
As for the Scoo and a Rhodes, it may well be possible, its an interesting synth with an unusual architecture, so I must try, as a Full Scroo "track" is better than a half , had to include "track", as Full Scroo could be misinterpreted :D

Eauson wrote:As for the Scoo and a Rhodes, it may well be possible, its an interesting synth with an unusual architecture
I look forward to hearing what your get out of it...I don't know the synth well at all...just had a quick look and listen after hearing you mention it!
Eauson wrote:I'm definitely not knocking the trumpet
I know! :0)

Must have been a bit of a downer being given a trumpet when you wanted a sax!

ChamMusic wrote:
Eauson wrote:As for the Scoo and a Rhodes, it may well be possible, its an interesting synth with an unusual architecture
I look forward to hearing what your get out of it...I don't know the synth well at all...just had a quick look and listen after hearing you mention it!
Eauson wrote:I'm definitely not knocking the trumpet
I know! :0)

Must have been a bit of a downer being given a trumpet when you wanted a sax!
Yeah, I was Sax mad as a kid :D
Madness, madness, we call it madness, plus an assortment of other choice musiks :)
But school budgets are not for Sax education, what's donated is the selection offered.
See this is another reason, the saxophone opens up so many avenues for :D
You can blow your own trumpet, depending how dexterous you are, or contortionist stylee :D
See, I stepped over the line with that one.....

Will attempt another sitting with the Scroo, I'm heavily into distortion atm, as I've been overdosing on Ghana Radio, which is amazing and going through my hiliufe/palmwine 3rd -7th hand cassettes/mp3's :)

Return to “Music Cafe”