THE MIRRORED IMAGE OF WHO aka Rabbit hole :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Eauson on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 6.5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 5

Overall - 6.75

Comments: Funky little beat there. I'm not into downloading this stuff and throwing spectrum analyzers on it like Layzer does but I'm hearing some EQ issues on the synth or whatever that is. Almost ear piercing at times when listening through headphones. Overall levels of individual tracks seem totally untamed. I have to wonder if there's even a limiter on the output buss. Musically kind of static. I was waiting for some kind of variation but it never came. The foundation is decent enough that it has the making of what could be something good, but as is, sounds more like a beat, albeit an odd one, than a song.

Thanks Wags

I'm trying to embrace the digital rather than go against it, this may be the wrong attitude but i dont really GAF. :D
If you dislike this, then I should prepare you for some of my next tracks to surface, they're worse or better, depending on you standpoint ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:Thanks Wags

I'm trying to embrace the digital rather than go against it, this may be the wrong attitude but i dont really GAF. :D
If you dislike this, then I should prepare you for some of my next tracks to surface, they're worse or better, depending on you standpoint ;)
I don't know if you own MPowersynth. It's is arguably the most digital sounding synth out there. Yet, with "normal" use, it doesn't sound this untamed. I think all you need is just a little EQ and limiting and not any kind of major overhaul of the piece itself. But, as they say, it's your baby so you're obviously free to do with it as you like.

In spite of your warning, I'm looking forward to hearing what's coming next.

wagtunes wrote:

I don't know if you own MPowersynth. It's is arguably the most digital sounding synth out there. Yet, with "normal" use, it doesn't sound this untamed. I think all you need is just a little EQ and limiting and not any kind of major overhaul of the piece itself. But, as they say, it's your baby so you're obviously free to do with it as you like.

Thanks Wags,
No, I haven't tried MPowersynth, unless its been in an OsC, there is definitely some digital shenanigans in this track, which were intentionally included, as I found a bug in a synth which I was attempting to exploit for nefarious musical/non musical means.
However, I did go back and audio analyse the piece and noticed something in the upper region, about 16k, so, I'm wondering whether your loss of hi hearing is.actually just a dip and not the full spectrum you talk of?
Anyway, I have some sonic strangeness to be getting on with, :D

Eauson wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Thanks Wags,
No, I haven't tried MPowersynth, unless its been in an OsC, there is definitely some digital shenanigans in this track, which were intentionally included, as I found a bug in a synth which I was attempting to exploit for nefarious musical/non musical means.
However, I did go back and audio analyse the piece and noticed something in the upper region, about 16k, so, I'm wondering whether your loss of hi hearing is.actually just a dip and not the full spectrum you talk of?
Anyway, I have some sonic strangeness to be getting on with, :D
Well, here's what I did as a test. I put on a track and put an EQ on it. And while it played I moved the EQ cutoff up towards the upper register. As soon as it hit 5k, it was total silence. So that is definitely my cutoff. Anything over 5k I won't hear.

wagtunes wrote:
Eauson wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

D
Well, here's what I did as a test. I put on a track and put an EQ on it. And while it played I moved the EQ cutoff up towards the upper register. As soon as it hit 5k, it was total silence. So that is definitely my cutoff. Anything over 5k I won't hear.
Well, that's weird :(
Sometimes I get miffed by the stuff people place on buildings to scatter the youths or the hipitched cat scarers, although using heavy machinery like chainsaws and weedwackers with no ear defenders has caused my some problems, but above 5k, where are those pesky scientists/doctors when you need them.
Probably checking the viscosity of digestive flipping biscuits!!

The somewhat queer rhythm sounds really strange and the overall sound is rather digital. Unusal piece of music. I liked it though. Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:The somewhat queer rhythm sounds really strange and the overall sound is rather digital. Unusal piece of music. I liked it though. Greetings
HM
Thankyouverymuch, I've decided to embrace the dark side and accept digital for all its +'s & -'s. This is a beginning draft on this as I have a few more ideas.
:D

Cool groove with the lo-fi drums getting most of the focus. Good but some melody would make this more interesting.

Frantz wrote:Cool groove with the lo-fi drums getting most of the focus. Good but some melody would make this more interesting.
Thankyouverymuch for listening and commenting :)

Yes, I had commented on someone's track and had felt a touch guilty, so, as it seemed I was a touch ruthless, I decided to listen back on some my own works, I wont say what I thought, as it would expletive/deletive but melody or lack of wasn't the only thing I had noticed. :D

I'd rather listen to this than just about anything that's in the charts.

Technically, it's less than 'perfect sound' but if you 'cleaned it up' it would kill the vibe imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I'd rather listen to this than just about anything that's in the charts.

Technically, it's less than 'perfect sound' but if you 'cleaned it up' it would kill the vibe imho.
You just made me put my hands in the air and a bit of gas popped outta my :oops:

Thankyouverymuch for listening and commenting.

I still think, as Frantz wrote, that's there still room for improvements, this is very much a 1st draft and I can hear some interesting things in another version I'm working on, which can always be a b-side :lol:

I'm in agreement with Frantz on this one. It's an interesting enough backing track, but I would like to hear a melodic lead, and maybe a "Tower of Power" horn section on the busier parts to accentuate the the funky characteristics of the bass and drums.

Good work :)

i wouldn't mess w/ the lo-fi at all ...
you've quite nailed that ...

i found the level of the drums a tad high for my taste , but if you are
working on additional elements , that may become a non-issue ...

enjoyed ...

Return to “Music Cafe”