Raindrops (Downtempo)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
Please have a listen to my track ´Raindrops´. Just finished :-)

https://hearthis.at/hillside-ws/raindrops-320/S6L/

Thanks for listening and maybe, commenting..
Greetings
HM

I really like this, very smooth, had a touch of James Blake to it, mix seemed to be balanced, although a couple of times the raindrop seemed a bit resonant and the second section the clanking could have been softened a touch to blend in a bit more. Overall :tu: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

:) Thank you for listening. The mix is a bit subby. The vocals were recorded with phasing and pitch shifting effects, therefore the weird sound, I didn´t alter it with eq - just a touch of reverb.
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote::) Thank you for listening. The mix is a bit subby. The vocals were recorded with phasing and pitch shifting effects, therefore the weird sound, I didn´t alter it with eq - just a touch of reverb.
Greetings
HM
I'll have another listen when I switch on my main system, as for subby, I was advised to buy a sub speaker, but I've been using sub only by Airwindows on the 2buss, being sure to turn down my main volume as it started to rattle my dentures, this seemed to help me get a better listening view of the mix. :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Oh yes, of course. Thanks for taking the time! :)

Nice track, sounds like DirtyVegas meets 'Betrayal' by Tangerine Dream. The vocals are great, you obviously put a lot of work into getting that trippy sound.

Although I am listening on my laptop speakers the mix translates well and I liked the track. I have never been a fan of this style of vocals and normally skip those sort of track, but not this one they work very well. Nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

It has a late night dark vibe. The vocals sound good. It ebbs and flows in an effective way. Great job!

I always like the vibe of your tracks, and once again it was worth the listen.

i can't recall if i've listened to your work before ...
this type of track is certainly not in my wheelhouse , but you have
very obvious production skills ... a bit subby , yes ... but just a bit ...

quite well done , and polished right to 320 grit ...
i enjoyed listening ...

Interesting music. It has a dream like quality to it among other goodies. I can imagine this being used for soundtrack.

:tu:

dug it man, sounds great on my phones :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It was quite "subby", but that didn't bother me. I thought that deep bass was a good fit for the track and particularly as a foil for the rhythm of the main vocal. I'm not a big fan of use of pitch-correction on vocals, considering that the effect was certainly over(ab)used on many Pop songs during the last 20 years or so, but it works really well here, due, in part, to the originality and vibe of the music. Great job with the percussion too.

Good work :)

Hello all,
Many thanks for all your comments. I am glad that you found the track enjoyable or at least interesting. I made a new version with slight changes and better eq- ing and will upload it soon. If you find the time please check back. Thanks:)
Greetings
HM

Return to “Music Cafe”