Comb filter in Bazille

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there some way to create an effect like Comb filter in Bazille? I tried adding back the sound after routing through Lag generator and mixing 2 oscillators using different phase, but the results did not sound comb-like. Any advice will be appreciated.

There is no comb filter in Bazille and I know of no way to emulate one.

very short delay times with high feedback/repeats can give a similar sound if you modulate the two parameters a little as well :)

but to do it within bazille? dunno, never used it.

If you have Zebra2 you can use Zebrify and pass in the midi to use Zebra's comb filter.

Ranoka wrote:If you have Zebra2 you can use Zebrify and pass in the midi to use Zebra's comb filter.
Yep, or you can use the free MComb:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MComb

Examigan wrote:
Ranoka wrote:If you have Zebra2 you can use Zebrify and pass in the midi to use Zebra's comb filter.

Since when are Melda's FX plugins free. I downloaded the supposedly "free" plugs but I get all these messages that demo is expired.

Examigan wrote:

An "okay" solution, but monophonic.
I prefer a polyphonic solution. I don't see a way to accomplish that in Bazille..

The free Melda plugins are not expiring. But the msg will show. As you have undoubtedly seen, you can continue to use them anyways. If the msg becomes annoying, you can send some $45 or something. Depends on each individual. It's a sale incentive, yes. Can you live with it is another question.

How would you actually do that ? Isn't MIDI only digital data w/o any generated audio to start with ?

Examigan wrote:

im assuming hed like to somehow do it within the patch?
maybe pre-envelope for some reason or other?

mevla wrote:
How would you actually do that ? Isn't MIDI only digital data w/o any generated audio to start with ?
Sorry, I think I worded it confusingly :? . Zebrify (separate VST effect that comes with Zebra2) lets you set the Key Source in the MIDI tab at the bottom, to either MIDI or (audio) Input. So you can route the midi to Zebrify to set key follow on the filters etc (more accurate results than using input for some sounds).

I'm using Fl Studio and am having difficulties routing the midi into Zebrify, the only way I can get it working is by creating a MIDI Out (FL plugin) channel and setting the output for the MIDI Out plugin and MIDI Input port for the Zebrify instance (in the VST wrapper settings) to the same value. So the midi from MIDI Out is being sent to Zebrify.

I can then set up a Layer channel so that the same midi is shared between the Instrument and the MIDI Out channel. This saves copy pasting the midi between the instrument and MIDI out channels.

I also tried routing the midi from a few different instruments directly into Zebrify but it didn't seem to recognise the MIDI output from the instruments.

That's probably quite confusing if you're not using FL Studio :?

Ranoka wrote:Sorry, I think I worded it confusingly :? . Zebrify (separate VST effect that comes with Zebra2) lets you set the Key Source in the MIDI tab at the bottom, to either MIDI or (audio) Input. So you can route the midi to Zebrify to set key follow on the filters etc (more accurate results than using input for some sounds).
That's what I though a bit later. I haven't used much Zebrify, though. At least no yet. Tried it with guitar a few times. Haven't tried to input MIDI notes at the same time (Bitwig).

Cheers.

Return to “Instruments”