Loudmax opinions/reviews?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many people know this little and simple limiter for Windows and Mac, but because of it's appereance and lack of controls they just ignore it.

Still this limiter receives constant updates, even this year. I'd like to see your opinions on it (last version v1.22) and if you have reviews in any format I'd like to see them too.

I've always loved Loudmax. Transparent, easy to use, and free. What's not to love ? :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's STILL being updated? That's kinda cool. It was a really handy tool back when I didn't actually know how to do master bus compressing and limiting myself—it got me started on what kind of sound to aim for—and then I started trying to do it myself. I haven't used it in years but now I want to go back and see what they've done.

sleepcircle wrote:It's STILL being updated? That's kinda cool. It was a really handy tool back when I didn't actually know how to do master bus compressing and limiting myself—it got me started on what kind of sound to aim for—and then I started trying to do it myself. I haven't used it in years but now I want to go back and see what they've done.
Yeah, the last update was like one or two months ago.

It's the one and only limiter I use. Top-notch quality, yet dead-simple to use, just perfect for me.

Yes it's still updated and i like it a lot.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like it as track/bus limiter, but I don't used it some time because it crash Studio One 3 on Mac. Now it stable again with SO4 and I will use it again.

Yes great limiter. Although i prefer George Yohng's W1 limiter or Sachart easyLimiter
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Vortifex wrote:It's surprisingly good. One of those plugins that makes me wish I'd known about/bothered researching free plugins before I stared buying them.

My only complaints are that you can't type in the threshold and output values, and I'm not a fan of horizontal sliders.
You can hold shift while draggin a fader and it will move slower and more accurate.
Halonmusic wrote:Yes great limiter. Although i prefer George Yohng's W1 limiter or Sachart easyLimiter
Mmm, I never tried the SaschArt one, I will today.

heavymetalmixer wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Yes great limiter. Although i prefer George Yohng's W1 limiter or Sachart easyLimiter
Its great. 8)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
heavymetalmixer wrote:
Its great. 8)
Any tips or recommendations on how to use it? Tbh I'm a newbie when it comes to limiters and I wanna know everything I can about parameters, controls and all that jazz.

when the threshold is hit, Loudmax compresses and avoids distortion. Some other limiters may distort rather than compress.

heavymetalmixer wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
heavymetalmixer wrote:
Its great. 8)
Any tips or recommendations on how to use it? Tbh I'm a newbie when it comes to limiters and I wanna know everything I can about parameters, controls and all that jazz.
Im not really an expert either, sorry.

I mostly use it on my master with just a little gain reduction. Its very transparent. You can push it quite hard and it wont distort.

Loudmax is one of my favorites!! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Effects”