Dang, No Z3ta+3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or Sandman Pro, Fault, MUnison... Ha!

Teksonik wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:Z2 doesn't need an upgrade. Z2 is perfect :tu:
No it doesn't really need an upgrade but it could do with a good going over to address the bugs that CW didn't fix in the past.

I just had a nice play with Z3TA+2 and it really does sound very nice. Remarkable in comparison to modern alternatives ? No but nice indeed. Makes a wonderful companion to Hive, Sylenth 1 and Dune 2.... :hyper:
it's not a bad synth at all. But i'm still having issues like opening stuff i did with old versions crashes my DAW (live9).

One time they changed a VST parameter mapping which resulted in automation being wrong.

I hope they fix at least the crash, then i would be happy to return to Z3ta 2 as one of my main synths. (And would maybe buy a Z3ta 3 if it would happen)

I'm not a heavy user of Z3ta+2 but I did use it on a track recently and had a lot of problems with notes hanging. It would have been nice if that could have been fixed.

dermage wrote:it's not a bad synth at all. But i'm still having issues like opening stuff i did with old versions crashes my DAW (live9).

I hope they fix at least the crash, then i would be happy to return to Z3ta 2 as one of my main synths
Ummmm... So it doesn't let you open old projects.. Why just not making new ones?

Distorted Horizon wrote:
dermage wrote:it's not a bad synth at all. But i'm still having issues like opening stuff i did with old versions crashes my DAW (live9).

I hope they fix at least the crash, then i would be happy to return to Z3ta 2 as one of my main synths
Ummmm... So it doesn't let you open old projects.. Why just not making new ones?
Because perhaps old ones need to be finished at some point.. I have a lot of those :-o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

There's no sense in waiting for the next versions of old synths.
Use these synths for their current features, and if their bugs won't be repaired and that annoys you, get rid of them.
Sure you can find a replacement.

Nielzie wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:

Because perhaps old ones need to be finished at some point.. I have a lot of those :-o
Yeah but if you can't open them..

Waste of a great synth that won't, most probably, be updated in a long time. So those 8bar loops you're going to make are safe :hihi:

Russell Grand wrote:1.5.3 still resides in my "favorites" folder. Fantastic synth.
+ that.. got it free on CM a few years ago...
Earlier, some one mentioned that you could not modulate the waveshaping parameters... oh yes you can.
I have a Reaper track_template set up with modulation just for playing and changing my hand_rolled single_cycles to save out for use as just single_cycles or to construct wavetables.
Someone else mentioned Helix.. I still keep the beta version, again for warping/mangling single_cycles... but with this, there is no save out wav... but still can make a render and then cut out a S_Cycle...

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:

Yeah but if you can't open them..

Waste of a great synth that won't, most probably, be updated in a long time. So those 8bar loops you're going to make are safe :hihi:
8 bars... omg, I am so old and lazy, 2 bars is all I can manage these days..
Just can't take the hangovers... :lol:

toonertik wrote:8 bars... omg, I am so old and lazy, 2 bars is all I can manage these days..
Just can't take the hangovers... :lol:
Drink less and play more with Zeta2. Social life is so over rated anyways ;)

With respect to exporting wave-shaped oscillators from the latest z3ta2, is the following a bug or some strange enforced limitation?

The other day, I mangled up one of z3ta2's stock wavetable waveforms (I think it was a saw or a pulse wave) and then exported it as a WAV file from within z3ta2. I was able to load that saved WAV file back into a user slot in z3ta2 and it looked exactly the way I had created it. However, if I imported the wave file into an external wave editor, it was simply the original stock waveform; the wave-shaping was completely absent. I think this behavior might only be happening when a stock waveform is selected as the oscillator; I believe that I was able to export to WAV, a wave-shaped waveform, whose source was an imported user WAV file.

This gives me the impression that the saved WAV file is a non-destructive save of the stock waveform along with some metadata that allows z3ta2 to re-apply the wave-shaper parameters to it. While this is great for preserving the fidelity and possibly allowing the resumption of wave-shaping it further, what can you do when you want to actually export the resultant wave-shaped waveform for use outside of z3ta2? :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
JerGoertz wrote:I still have the original Zeta installed. Used it quite a bit back in the day; it was one of the first softsynths I used, and since Sonar was the first real DAW I used, I gotta go pour some 40's on the curb now... :(

Hey man, you still have z3ta installed? Cause I'm trying to recreate a track that used the "dream stack" preset from z3ta, but the version I have doesn't seem to have that patch.If you still have it, could you maybe see if you have the "dream stack.fxp" in your folders somewhere? Cause that would really help me out.
If you can't its no big deal but if you do find it please send the the fxp file to : swanderson8725412@gmail.com (mailto:swanderson8725412@gmail.com), Thanks!

I_C_E wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:I still have the original Zeta installed. Used it quite a bit back in the day; it was one of the first softsynths I used, and since Sonar was the first real DAW I used, I gotta go pour some 40's on the curb now... :(

Hey man, you still have z3ta installed? Cause I'm trying to recreate a track that used the "dream stack" preset from z3ta, but the version I have doesn't seem to have that patch.If you still have it, could you maybe see if you have the "dream stack.fxp" in your folders somewhere? Cause that would really help me out.
If you can't its no big deal but if you do find it please send the the fxp file to : swanderson8725412@gmail.com, Thanks!
Here I have it, I couldn't find the original file, but I was able to export it.

-Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does this mean there will be no Z3ta+4?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

No, after Z3ta+ and Z3ta++ comes Z3ta#

Return to “Instruments”