U-he not loading parameters properly since upgrade to Sierra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a rather bizarre problem since I updated my OS, the
Live set I was working on doesn't seem to load the sounds properly of U-he synths + the wrong parameters are automated.

macOS Yosemite
Ableton 9.7.7
Ace 1.1 or 1.4
The sound is correct, the parameter names which are automated are:
"Cuttoff"
"Release"

macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Ableton 9.7.7
Ace 1.1 or 1.4
The sound is similar to the original but clearly different, the parameter names which are automated are:
"VCF1:Res"
"ENV1:LMod"

As you can see, the automated parameter names are wrong. When I correct the automation by hand, I can get the original sound back,
except I get glitches on fast arpeggios while on the original on Yosemite not. (same audio buffer and other plugins work fine).

I tested both ace 1.1 and the latest 1.4, but it's all the same.
I did deep installed/reinstalled both Ableton and Ace with no luck.

This problem is close to other problems with U-he/massive/audio units and Ableton 10.0.2, but since this is Ableton 9, this is not it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=230680
(I was dealing with these problems as well, so it's quite complicated :S)

EDIT: new problem: after reopening the set, the hand-corrected Ace sounds wrong, not just the automation, the whole sound is off compared to the original.
I can double check this wasn't before, because I made an audio recording of it before I saved the set. I was so sure this was a Live 10.0.2/audio units problem,
but I'm in Live 9 now :S.

EDIT2: I have the problems with both vst and au.
Last edited by plasticcat on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think with Sierra/High Sierra you need to restart after installing certain software. Try it?

That's usually High Sierra afaik. But can't hurt.
rsp
sound sculptist

That can't be it, I'm having these problems for days, several reboots.

Maybe better post your question in the U-He forum.

Sounds very much like Ableton Live 10.0.2 after automatic update

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=505734

[double edit: not sure...]

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the replies!

@Chapelle
I know it sounds like the au problem with ableton 10.0.2, but it's not.
(I had that too with other plugins...)

@Urs
About the parameters, yes it seems like the same problem and the parameter automation
I can fix by hand so it's not the end of the world...
But the thing is, there seems to be a second problem which just changed the whole sound
a little bit. It's like ACE uses a whole different internal filter or something. Very strange.
Same with Diva.

I tried using the same version I used to (1.1) and I tried using the latest (1.4), both after a deep install: same results. After experimenting a lot, it seems to be that my old install of macOS yosemite/ableton 9/ace 1.1 was somehow not right, because even after extracting the ACE track there in a new ableton file makes the sound change to the new situation again.

Problem is, I made all my music songs with this "wrong" macOS/Ableton/ACE and they all sound good as is, because I made them there, I can't get the synth sound right anymore. All in all, this whole problem has taken way too much time. And since my old macOS install is to cluttered to work in, I have to cut my losses and simply go in there, render ACE and DIVA in all my tracks over the last couple of years I didn't finish, render them to audio and work from there.

reach out to u-he, see if they can help...

Return to “Instruments”