[Trance] Recon Mission

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 6.5
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 7
Mix - 6

Overall - 6.75

Comments: Very muddy synth arp and drums way too loud. Mix needs a lot of work on EQ and compression. Musically, it appears to be extremely minimalist. What subtle changes there are in the synth line are difficult to hear because of the low volume. It's not until 2:30 into the track that we start to hear at least some noticeable deviation with the introduction of the high synth and then pluck at about 3:10. All in all, a very static piece with very little going on. Mix does start to at least get a little better towards the back end of the song. Still needs lots of work.

Very very thanks for your comment.
I must say that i use just a laptop, Propellerhead Reason, the internal soundcard and nameless Headphones . I assume the weakness of this combination. All over this my less skills in mixing. I don´t know why the end of the song comes better.
I should try another day. My ears are little bit tired... :wink:

A "mistake" I always made until very recently was mixing the kick too loud. And it wasn't a monitoring problem but simply wrong perception. Fortunately I discovered that you can lower the kick with relative freedom without ruining the track balance.

It seems the case here. All the Trance elements are there but the super-loud kick eats all the headroom. Analyzing the kick in context of the rest of the drum elements (like the 909 hihat), it seems only a matter of lowering the kick, because the other parts all seems to sit well in the mix.

That tambourine also could benefit from a lowering in volume.

As I said, all (good) Trance elements are present. Just some polishing and it will be even better.
Last edited by dark_virus on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree that the kick, and, in general, the drums are too prominent. Eats up the energy of the track. Apart from that, i like it. Title is nice as well. :)

Heavently Re-edit :)

Changes in mixing, Elements and Arrangement :party:

I spend 3 hours for the Kick Problem . I hope it sounds better :)

Better. :) Although the kick is still quite boomy. Reverb? Maybe dial that a bit back. Overall, the track seems a bit quiet now. But, sounds more homogenous than the first version.

Return to “Music Cafe”