Spec Ops vs. Molekular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, looking for some opinions on these two plugins.

I have molecular and am wondering how spec Ops compares. On paper they seem very similar (ie lots of effects and modulation).

However, spec Ops seems to offer a bit more in the spectral domain and it’s not tied to the reaktor environment.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Nathan

Spec ops is far better in my opinion. They are both extremely fun though. Molekular is fun and incredibly flexible with its pitch and rhythm quantizing, but it doesn’t do auto delay compensation, it’s a cpu hog and is less easy to control than spec ops. Spec ops gives you an amazing modulation system on top of three modular slots, that can do pretty amazing things including not very “out there” things. Then you also have the pitch shifter, frequency shifter, and the spectral compander. Molekular is super fun for live tweaking and sound design, but it’s a bit tricky to sit down with a plan, and then implement it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Spec Ops is a pure spectral delight, which Molekular is not.

Thanks for the feedback

I have similar feelings about molekular. I imagine I’ll have similar feelings of Spec Ops then.

Nathan

Not saying Molekular is not good btw, just that Spec Ops is a very special beast in its on class and purely working its magic in the spectral domain.

Return to “Effects”