Sinevibes released Luminance shimmer reverb plugin for macOS!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like this a lot, got a rich sound to it without being overpowering, very easy to dial in too, just wish the demo didn't include a burst of white noise, should just stop the processing but still let the original sound play, be less jarring in testing the plugins.

mister-rz wrote:just wish the demo didn't include a burst of white noise, should just stop the processing but still let the original sound play, be less jarring in testing the plugins.
It is one of the more obnoxious that I've heard. I contacted the developer about it, some years back, but he didn't care for my point of view.

There are ways that this kind of thing can be done that still render the audio unusable, but aren't so effing irritating :scared:

I stopped demoing the plugin after a minute, or so :shrug:

Naenyn wrote:This sounds really nice!

One of these days, I really need to go back through all their stuff, decide what I like, and pick them up. Some unique-sounding stuff. Just.. not quite all of it seems musical/useful, to me. This reverb definitely is, though. :tu:
Yep, it seems lately that Sinevibes are releasing more and more effect that are not sequence-based. The older plugins were pretty wild and mostly sequence-based but the latest ones are not and I think that gives the plugins a broader usability. A clever move imo, hopefully they'll continue to release more effect plugins like that cause they sound very rich and high quality.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
mister-rz wrote:just wish the demo didn't include a burst of white noise, should just stop the processing but still let the original sound play, be less jarring in testing the plugins.
It is one of the more obnoxious that I've heard. I contacted the developer about it, some years back, but he didn't care for my point of view.

There are ways that this kind of thing can be done that still render the audio unusable, but aren't so effing irritating :scared:

I stopped demoing the plugin after a minute, or so :shrug:
It's kind of counter intuitive for a plugin like this, not so bad with distorted or glitchy stuff as my brain is expecting to hear noise, but still obnoxious, tried it on a piano sound yesterday had to turn it off, annoyed the hell out of me. Hopefully the dev will change their mind, was going to write to them myself, but after reading your post, seems kind off pointless.

Mute / inserted silence would be more convenient and less harsh I agree, especially for a plugin as mellow and buttery as this.

Three points:

1. The dev seems very responsive and nice. I sent a mail Sunday night and got a pleasant reply first thing Monday morning. I sent the mail as...

2. I asked for the chance of a VST version and the answer was they were looking at it (for many products, not just this one. :tu: The reason for my interest was that...

3. This thing sounds amazing and incredibly musical. :harp: The only thing I can think of can possibly compare with it is the aforementioned Adaptiverb. Like Adaptiverb, it can turn ordinary sounds into new, exciting soundscapes, so it is much more than a reverb. Of course, as it is much more limited it is also easier to tweak.

This is one of the plugins where demoing is not necessary I think! Just wow. :love:

One of my favourite plugins this year, especially considering the price tag.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Hey guys!

It's Artemiy from Sinevibes here.

First of all I'd like to thank you all for so much positive feedback about Luminance! It took a lot of time and experience to make this effect and we are getting so much praise for it that I can barely cope with replying each and every e-mail. As you might have heard it's a huge success for us, best product launch we ever had since staring back in 2006. It is overwhelming... and amazing.

Regarding our step-sequenced effects, there was indeed a period of time where we were obsessed with these types of plugins and we made a lot of stuff that we were well-known for. But as we went further in design and DSP, we had more and more ideas for other types of products and we enjoyed making the more widely-usable plugins like Luminance and others in Creative Collection. We do have ideas for the next-generation step-sequenced plugin lineup, however :-) We hope in a couple years our catalog will be much more easy to understand, perhaps with two or three different product lines.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Artemiy Pavlov on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

I wanted to adddess this issue in a separate reply. First of all, never in my personal reply to you I would say that “I do not care” :-) It simply never got to be prioritized in our ever-growing list of things to do, even though it WAS on that list. We did, however reduce the noise level at one point. And also, you have to remember that our plugins do not have DRM, giving you zero headache once you own them.

This said, I do agree that the noise should be less intrusive. I have decided to revise the algorithm soonest, bringing the noise in and out more smoothly. Hopefully within a couple weeks it will be in demo versions of all plugins in the Creative Collection, and in other ones after that.

Cheers!

I bought the Creative Bundle a couple of days ago and have to say that I‘m quite impressed of its usability, userfriendliness and musical sound. I appreciate its modern and clean GUI. These FX bring indeed something to the table which complements well with my existing plugin portfolio. Current favourite: DROPLET on pianolike sounds...

Artemiy Pavlov wrote:
I wanted to adddess this issue in a separate reply. First of all, never in my personal reply to you I would say that “I do not care” :-) It simply never got to be prioritized in our ever-growing list of things to do, even though it WAS on that list. We did, however reduce the noise level at one point. And also, you have to remember that our plugins do not have DRM, giving you zero headache once you own them.

This said, I do agree that the noise should be less intrusive. I have decided to revise the algorithm soonest, bringing the noise in and out more smoothly. Hopefully within a couple weeks it will be in demo versions of all plugins in the Creative Collection, and in other ones after that.

Cheers!
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to address this.

To clarify I didn't say that you said that "I do not care" (there is a big difference).

When I bought it to your attention, you pretty much said that you didn't think it was that loud/irritating, and that nobody else had complained. At that point, you certainly made no mention of it being anything you were interested in changing. Therefore, I think it is fair of me to say that you didn't care about my complaint :shrug:

If you really are intent on sorting out the issue, please consider not using a noise BURST at all :tu: U-he are a good example of getting it right. If you check out their demo's, they use a crackling static sound, which is not jarring, still achieves the effect of rendering an audio bounce/performance unusable, but allows the user to enjoy the process of demoing. It also doesn't even start for a couple of minutes, and then only comes in every 30 seconds.

Momentary silence also can sometimes work, but it's not very good for time-domain based stuff, like verb's delays, where it is useful to hear how a sound changes over time. Also, if silence is used, and it's too frequent or long, it can totally spoil the demo experience.

This is the first of your products I've demo'd in years, and only because I forgot about the demo issue. This demo for me lasted all of about a minute before going in the bin :(

No hard feelings, I hope. And I look forward to demoing all your goodies in the near future :tu:

Okay but it is only a demo. You should be able to tell what the sound quality is, static aside, and then decide whether you want to spend the money on the product itself, shouldn't you?

I guess I "long demo" some products over a period of months, when I want to make sure that I really need them and it's not an impulse buy, but still, I mean, it IS a demo, after all.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong.
Last edited by sleepcircle on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey thanks Artemiy for stopping by and giving us an update. Always nice to see the plugin developers in the forums :)

sleepcircle wrote:Okay but it is only a demo. You should be able to tell what the sound quality is, static aside, and then decide whether you want to spend the money on the product itself, shouldn't you?

I guess I "long demo" some products over a period of months, when I want to make sure that I really need them and it's not an impulse buy, but still, I mean, it IS a demo, after all.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong.
With a demo I assume the developer is trying to encourage people to look around, get an idea of how things work, and ultimately work out whether it is a good fit. The better experience you can offer, the more time someone will spend, and the more likelihood they will either: a) Find a good use for it, and buy it, or, b) decide it's not for them, avoiding the impulse buy, and ultimately avoiding the whole issue of license transfers.

Here are two contrasting examples:

- U-he's Colour Copy Delay - My instant reaction was that it didn't offer me much over what I currently use, to justify the purchase. However, the demo is still sitting in my plugin folder, and i keep loading it up, discovering little things I like. Eventually, there is a possibility that I am going to get to the point where I don't want to be without it, and where I want to use it in a project.
U-he has lost nothing in offering me the comfort of demoing this for as long as wish, with only the slightest inconvenience. However, it could also end up earning them a sale.

- Sinevibes Luminance - Recently sold Valhalla's Shimmer because I didn't really end up using it. Was curious to see whether Luminance's take on the whole shimmer effect was preferable. Installed the demo, and played with it for about a minute, before removing it. It not only cost a possible sale, but sales of other SineVibes products, also.

So, whether you think it's an issue or not, I think it's information that would be important for the developer.

That's what I meant when I mentioned that I "long-demo'd" stuff sometimes.

sleepcircle wrote:That's what I meant when I mentioned that I "long-demo'd" stuff sometimes.
Yes I understood that part of your reply. The part of your argument I was speaking to was the idea that it was just a demo, and that I should be able to easily work out whether it is good quality, and whether I should buy it :shrug:

Anyway, i think we are probably on the same page...maybe :ud:

Return to “Effects”