Dang, No Z3ta+3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread made me check some Z3ta sounds on youtube. This thing sounds good! There is some rawness and presence, kind of "in your face" sound which I really like. Surely, not the most hi-fi sounding synth out there but it does have certain character which I think is quite nice. . I have a license, not sure if I even have it installled and I never actually used it a lot, but I must give it a chance now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWwooQf5m0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw74hKcyNow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZlR1x3vEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps-rtneX-UA

https://soundcloud.com/adamszabo/adam-s ... a-soundset
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

izonin wrote:No, after Z3ta+ and Z3ta++ comes Z3ta#
:hihi:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?

Something was mentioned months ago about how they were planning to support the instruments but i haven't seen anything yet.

dandezebra wrote:I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?
Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug. The other legacy instruments had discontinued development years ago, even though many were still bundled with Sonar for project compatibility. So if BandLab were going to bring anything back, those two would be the most likely.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
dandezebra wrote:I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?
Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug.
Partly, i would say. While they obviously changed the GUI, and enhanced some of the functionality, the core sound of both stayed the same.

I actually prefer using Rapture over Pro. I real update would be welcome as the Pro update was underwhelming.

recursive one wrote:This thread made me check some Z3ta sounds on youtube. This thing sounds good! There is some rawness and presence, kind of "in your face" sound which I really like. Surely, not the most hi-fi sounding synth out there but it does have certain character which I think is quite nice. . I have a license, not sure if I even have it installled and I never actually used it a lot, but I must give it a chance now :)
Z3TA is capable of some nice sounds. The issue i have with it, as with many soft synths, is that it has a sweet spot. Leave it, and it won't be so much fun. Also, it has a pretty cold general character, and can sound a bit harsh and metallic.

Talking about Trance music, i think it was quite popular when it came out, but, soon got replaced by many with Sylenth1. One of the first decent sounding soft synths though, AFAIC.

dandezebra wrote:I actually prefer using Rapture over Pro. I real update would be welcome as the Pro update was underwhelming.
I used to feel this way about Rapture Pro v the original,but after revisiting RP Pro,I have come to appreciate it a lot more and it has become the one I use...

Both Dimension Pro and Rapture have been deleted because of the hybrid nature of Rapture Pro...

The Dimension sound engine is very high quality and it's amazing to hear what sounds you can create with just a few single cycle waveforms or some sfz's...

If the "new" Cakewalk is going to get back into soft synths,one of the smartest moves they could make is to bring Rene Caballos into the development team...

BTW...I still use Z3TA+2...it's a very good soft synth....thanks Rene :party:
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug.
Partly, i would say. While they obviously changed the GUI, and enhanced some of the functionality, the core sound of both stayed the same.
I did not mean to imply that they were still being actively developed, only that they were the only Cakewalk synths that were being sold and supported in the store. Everything else was already history.

While some would like to see the older Cake stuff make a comeback, I would think that chance is slim to none. Rene has left the scene, and the other devs have moved on. Plus there are a lot of really good soft synths on the market today that they would have to compete with. Just look at AIR having to give stuff away.

Yep. I'm not expecting anything in that regard.

digitalboytn wrote:
dandezebra wrote:
BTW...I still use Z3TA+2...it's a very good soft synth....thanks Rene :party:
Agree about the synth! But the only credit to Rene on v2 is for the original z3ta+ architecture and development. Cakewalk proceeded with basically a UI facelift, but it's essentially the same synth under the hood.

Return to “Instruments”