Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
recursive one
KVRAF
 
3590 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

This thread made me check some Z3ta sounds on youtube. This thing sounds good! There is some rawness and presence, kind of "in your face" sound which I really like. Surely, not the most hi-fi sounding synth out there but it does have certain character which I think is quite nice. . I have a license, not sure if I even have it installled and I never actually used it a lot, but I must give it a chance now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWwooQf5m0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw74hKcyNow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZlR1x3vEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps-rtneX-UA

https://soundcloud.com/adamszabo/adam-s ... a-soundset
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
User avatar
tonedef71
KVRian
 
881 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 pm Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

izonin wrote:No, after Z3ta+ and Z3ta++ comes Z3ta#

:hihi:
[Intel Core i7 820QM | 32GB DDR3 | Waveform 8; Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
 
630 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 pm Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?
User avatar
mutantdog
KVRAF
 
1610 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void

Postby mutantdog; Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:28 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

Something was mentioned months ago about how they were planning to support the instruments but i haven't seen anything yet.
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1289 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

dandezebra wrote:I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?


Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug. The other legacy instruments had discontinued development years ago, even though many were still bundled with Sonar for project compatibility. So if BandLab were going to bring anything back, those two would be the most likely.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
chk071
KVRAF
 
16821 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

zzz00m wrote:
dandezebra wrote:I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?


Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug.

Partly, i would say. While they obviously changed the GUI, and enhanced some of the functionality, the core sound of both stayed the same.
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
 
630 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

I actually prefer using Rapture over Pro. I real update would be welcome as the Pro update was underwhelming.
chk071
KVRAF
 
16821 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:39 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

recursive one wrote:This thread made me check some Z3ta sounds on youtube. This thing sounds good! There is some rawness and presence, kind of "in your face" sound which I really like. Surely, not the most hi-fi sounding synth out there but it does have certain character which I think is quite nice. . I have a license, not sure if I even have it installled and I never actually used it a lot, but I must give it a chance now :)

Z3TA is capable of some nice sounds. The issue i have with it, as with many soft synths, is that it has a sweet spot. Leave it, and it won't be so much fun. Also, it has a pretty cold general character, and can sound a bit harsh and metallic.

Talking about Trance music, i think it was quite popular when it came out, but, soon got replaced by many with Sylenth1. One of the first decent sounding soft synths though, AFAIC.
User avatar
digitalboytn
KVRian
 
1154 posts since 7 Dec, 2008, from Global Cowboy

Postby digitalboytn; Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:16 pm Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

dandezebra wrote:I actually prefer using Rapture over Pro. I real update would be welcome as the Pro update was underwhelming.


I used to feel this way about Rapture Pro v the original,but after revisiting RP Pro,I have come to appreciate it a lot more and it has become the one I use...

Both Dimension Pro and Rapture have been deleted because of the hybrid nature of Rapture Pro...

The Dimension sound engine is very high quality and it's amazing to hear what sounds you can create with just a few single cycle waveforms or some sfz's...

If the "new" Cakewalk is going to get back into soft synths,one of the smartest moves they could make is to bring Rene Caballos into the development team...

BTW...I still use Z3TA+2...it's a very good soft synth....thanks Rene :party:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1289 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:00 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

chk071 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
dandezebra wrote:I haven't paid attention at all to Bandlab as I'm not a Sonar user. Anyone hear anything about the Cakewalk instruments?


Someday. Maybe. Z3TA+2 and Rapture Pro were the only Cakewalk instruments that still had active developer support at the time that Gibson pulled the plug.

Partly, i would say. While they obviously changed the GUI, and enhanced some of the functionality, the core sound of both stayed the same.


I did not mean to imply that they were still being actively developed, only that they were the only Cakewalk synths that were being sold and supported in the store. Everything else was already history.

While some would like to see the older Cake stuff make a comeback, I would think that chance is slim to none. Rene has left the scene, and the other devs have moved on. Plus there are a lot of really good soft synths on the market today that they would have to compete with. Just look at AIR having to give stuff away.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
chk071
KVRAF
 
16821 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

Yep. I'm not expecting anything in that regard.
zzz00m
KVRian
 
1289 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:16 am Re: Dang, No Z3ta+3

digitalboytn wrote:
dandezebra wrote:
BTW...I still use Z3TA+2...it's a very good soft synth....thanks Rene :party:


Agree about the synth! But the only credit to Rene on v2 is for the original z3ta+ architecture and development. Cakewalk proceeded with basically a UI facelift, but it's essentially the same synth under the hood.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments