Please post examples of your unserious, silly or failed tunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IncarnateX - Really like this. Reminds me of the stuff I used to listen to when I was into mod/track music in the mid 90s.

donkey tugger (NSFW alert, BTW!) - I actually like some of the keys/synths in ohlaydee, but ermintrude is great. Perfectly captures the goth sound of the 80s. There is a podcast I listen to called Your Kickstarter Sucks, and they use listener-composed theme songs at the beginning of each show. Right now their "premium"/Patreon episodes have an intro that was done in the style of Disintegration-era Cure, and I love it.

DJ Warmonger - This is kind of an ambitious track with a lot going on. I like the opening and closing sections the best; I like the kind of stumbling bassline. I would almost lean into that a bit and add some pitch and maybe filter modulation to give it a more dreamlike/psychedelic feel.

dark water - I want to know about this "compilation album featuring giraffes." I like the back half of the track the best, once the filtered bass part comes in.

Eauson - You share my love for vintage drum machine/beatbox sounds. I legit like the "Age of Uselessness" track.

wagtunes - My that is one spicy sausage of a track. Is that actually you singing? (I think I've only ever heard your vocaloid stuff.) The song is indeed catchy, although a little hard on the ears with everything cranked to 10, as you mentioned (sure it wasn't 11)?

[
Aloysius wrote:<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1_JLFDFMw</span>
I thought this was how the recorder was intended to be played, growing up, its what I heard coming.from the music room :D
UltimateOutsider wrote:Oh this is a great topic. I'm about to start listening to the other submissions.

I have recorded a number of intentionally silly songs, but this one kind of fits the bill the best. I found a bunch of terrible vocal samples in the Maschine factory library and wanted to see if I could make something even marginally listenable with them. I called it my "bad sample challenge." I didn't do any special editing or processing with the samples other than occasional tuning. There are some other really bad samples I'd like to use in future songs...

https://soundcloud.com/ultimateoutsider/damn
This reminds me of a sketch show section, skinny bloke, wearing trendy tight trousers acting Super Cool :)
donkey tugger wrote:Blimey, where does one start....

RDonkelly is always a good place to start (the dirty bastard...)

http://www.bennyleeds7. class="skimlinks-unlinked">myfreeola.uk/rdonkelly_ohlaydee.mp3</span>

and a bit of miserable goff with The Donkey of Mercy (I do still maintain that, "Jackson Pollock, what a load of bollocks" is a mighty fine lyric);

http://www.bennyleeds7. class="skimlinks-unlinked">myfreeola.uk/thedonkeyofmercy_ermintrude.mp3</span>

Used to do loads of this pisstake shite years ago when I had more time on me hands, and was more drunk. I think it's time for some more..
This is the dogs trucknuts, the second one would require a really, really, really Dandy haircut to be performed live, but its a winner, Ermentrude :D
wagtunes wrote:Oh well, wasn't going to do this but since you started this thread, what the heck.

This was done many years ago in my hardware studio in the days before I knew what EQ, compression and limiting was. I just cranked everything up to 10 and recorded. So turn your speakers down for this one. The song itself was a total joke about a friend of mine who we called hero of the stupid. He really was. The joke went viral among my group of friends and this became an instant classic for all of them, even hero himself.

In spite of the horrible recording, it's catchy as hell. This was when I started to realize that, if nothing else, I could write a hook.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ears</span>
Now this, speechless :o this is beyond special :D
I wish I had a copy of the track my friend made when he went into a studio to have a days experience and the boneheads helped him make a hardcore techno version of the birdy song, that was money well spent :D
IncarnateX wrote:
So as unserious as can be. Yet, I made three other tunes in the same narrative to test other more or less underdeveloped iPad synths or studios anno 2010 such as the Beatmaker 2. Today, iPad productions can more easily compete with PC/MAC productions but I did not find myself able to do that at the time.
The voices on the tune are from the VOX3000 text to speak generator, iVoxel Vocoder/vocal phrase player and a sample I twisted (children).

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/computer-children

Please post some of your own jokes and/or fails and tell about them if you want. If they are good for nothing else, then at least a smile or a laugh.
Ikinda like their one, possibly too much :)
DJ Warmonger wrote:Wannabe composer, something went wrong...

https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/bliss-original-mix
Yes, there are elements in this, with some tweaking, could lead to some twerking and freakin :)
dark water wrote:Hmm, well I have plenty of failed tunes - particularly in my younger years due to rubbish arrangements and non-existent mixing abilities.
However, this is probably the silliest (and cheesiest) tune I ever made, created about 15 years ago after a DJ friend left a message on my Nokia about a compilation album featuring giraffes I'd just done, which I then combined with some funky bass and percussion, and an extremely cheesey organ riff I played.

https://soundcloud.com/user-434633776/s ... ts/s-9EKyt

For Donks and anyone else, are there any half decent sites (as opposed to a person's own webpage, which I don't have) where you can upload an MP3 track to be played on the internet please?
I still haven't figured this out - I'm a tad slow on the uptake... - so I have to rely on the more unwieldy looking Soundcloud instead.
Cheers

I recognise the opening, I can hear the music that accompanies it, aghhh, anyway, again, I think I'm weird, I like this, its strange, yes, but that's the appeal :D
As for upload, I've seen a number of dropbox mp3 uploads posted :tu:

I'm now going to have to go through what's left of my back catalogue, but this could just swamp everything
:D
Last edited by Eauson on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

UltimateOutsider wrote:IncarnateX - Really like this. Reminds me of the stuff I used to listen to when I was into mod/track music in the mid 90s.

donkey tugger (NSFW alert, BTW!) - I actually like some of the keys/synths in ohlaydee, but ermintrude is great. Perfectly captures the goth sound of the 80s. There is a podcast I listen to called Your Kickstarter Sucks, and they use listener-composed theme songs at the beginning of each show. Right now their "premium"/Patreon episodes have an intro that was done in the style of Disintegration-era Cure, and I love it.

DJ Warmonger - This is kind of an ambitious track with a lot going on. I like the opening and closing sections the best; I like the kind of stumbling bassline. I would almost lean into that a bit and add some pitch and maybe filter modulation to give it a more dreamlike/psychedelic feel.

dark water - I want to know about this "compilation album featuring giraffes." I like the back half of the track the best, once the filtered bass part comes in.

Eauson - You share my love for vintage drum machine/beatbox sounds. I legit like the "Age of Uselessness" track.

wagtunes - My that is one spicy sausage of a track. Is that actually you singing? (I think I've only ever heard your vocaloid stuff.) The song is indeed catchy, although a little hard on the ears with everything cranked to 10, as you mentioned (sure it wasn't 11)?
Yes, that was me singing back when I could kind of sing 30 something years ago. And yes, it may very well have been cranked to 11 or even 12. I didn't know what a limiter was.

UltimateOutsider wrote:
donkey tugger (NSFW alert, BTW!)
:clown: Ooops...I do usually warn people! Could have been worse, I could have posted, 'Cuntsucker' (although the title perhaps does rather give it away on that one... :hihi: )

These are all gold .. thank you for the entertainment! :D Some of them are so catchy!

Man, I have many of those.

This one was done for a one hour competition. The goal of the compo was to make a Kriby song. I never played a Kriby game, so I just downloaded a Kirby soundfont and made a cute and happy track. I suck at cute and happy. And no, I have no idea what that "B section" is even supposed to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0odir18qhsxd ... 20Song.mp3

Lol ^^^ Stumple disco. Brilliant new style. Love it.

And thanks for the other examples too, though @amused, The Drop: An experiment into Simpson humor limbo? :hihi:
And the tune is so beautiful. Good to know you do not compromise your musical material even when you want to be silly :tu:

I made this tune as a parody of Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express"

I named the track "Trans Asia Express.

It's pretty silly - isn't it ! :-)

http://spiritualmachinery.eu/tae.mp3

sfd wrote:It's pretty silly - isn't it ! :-)
Yes, but in a very cute way :love: You are aware of that?

IncarnateX wrote:
sfd wrote:It's pretty silly - isn't it ! :-)
Yes, but in a very cute way :love: You are aware of that?
Ehm, well now I am :clown:

Delta Sign wrote:Man, I have many of those.

This one was done for a one hour competition. The goal of the compo was to make a Kriby song. I never played a Kriby game, so I just downloaded a Kirby soundfont and made a cute and happy track. I suck at cute and happy. And no, I have no idea what that "B section" is even supposed to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0odir18qhsxd ... 20Song.mp3
Yes, this has got a touch of cheesiness, however that baseline is Superb, a little AFX twin remixy and its golden :D
sfd wrote:I made this tune as a parody of Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express"

I named the track "Trans Asia Express.

It's pretty silly - isn't it ! :-)

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://spiritualmachinery.eu/tae.mp3</span>
I'm somewhat fatigued by KW, not completely mind :)
This is now my GOTO.
Trans Asia Express, :D
UltimateOutsider wrote: Eauson - You share my love for vintage drum machine/beatbox sounds. I legit like the "Age of Uselessness" track.
Yes, trying to recreate sample styles with synth is fun : :hihi:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I have run out of cartoonish tunes but I still have a few tragic ones. I have been wondering whether I should post since people would not necessarily know this is a fail and not just a matter of extremely bad taste. However, here it is. With a little explanation you may understand why this is a fail.

1.The first and most obvious reason is that the exceptionally non-dynamically clippity clop percussion driving the base was supposed to be deep lively tribal toms.

2. The second is that I wanted it to be in 5/4 to create a different and a little more unpredictable groove than 4/4 usually bids us. However, it is not a groove at all but the most mechanical dum-dum-dum-train I have ever heard.

3. To make that even worse, the highly stacatto synth-drop melody in 5/4 that replaces the psytrance lead line in 4/4 adds heavily to the mechanical feel despite all the possibilities to make the melody loosen the bonk-bonk.

In all, it is an offence to the concept of rhythm and nothing less than a rape of the magnificant 5/4 parameter.

What can I say? It sounded so great while making it on weed but the next morning I got a system-shock when hearing it again. Don’t do drugs kids. This is the proof.

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/maroonhunt

Maroon Hunt Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: See, I like it. I have no problem with the rhythm. I think it's very cool. Musically a bit odd but in a quirky fun way. I have heard a lot worse "serious" tracks posted here. Only criticism is I wish there was just a little more musical diversity. A bit on the static side as far as top line goes.

IncarnateX wrote:I have run out of cartoonish tunes but I still have a few tragic ones. I have been wondering whether I should post since people would not necessarily know this is a fail and not just a matter of extremely bad taste. However, here it is. With a little explanation you may understand why this is a fail.

1.The first and most obvious reason is that the exceptionally non-dynamically clippity clop percussion driving the base was supposed to be deep lively tribal toms.

2. The second is that I wanted it to be in 5/4 to create a different and a little more unpredictable groove than 4/4 usually bids us. However, it is not a groove at all but the most mechanical dum-dum-dum-train I have ever heard.

3. To make that even worse, the highly stacatto synth-drop melody in 5/4 that replaces the psytrance lead line in 4/4 adds heavily to the mechanical feel despite all the possibilities to make the melody loosen the bonk-bonk.

In all, it is an offence to the concept of rhythm and nothing less than a rape of the magnificant 5/4 parameter.

What can I say? It sounded so great while making it on weed but the next morning I got a system-shock when hearing it again. Don’t do drugs kids. This is the proof.

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/maroonhunt
Only a -35 score on this one, to achieve a winner you need a zero :D
Sorry Wags, have consumed 3 bottyles of cheap french wine, just playin ;)

Oh, thanks waggy.You are such a comfort. :hug: Maybe we should turn this thread into a Bad Taste Society with initiation rituals and all. :party:

@Eauson. Yes, I am not close enough to eternal misery, thus I was in doubt whether it belonged here. It is hard to judge because you have to consider that the listener cannot hear how it “should” have sounded. But if you had heard the draft in my head, your score would likely have been a good deal closer to misery. If my old percussion teacher had been alive to hear it, he would have strangled me, no matter the draft.

Return to “Music Cafe”