That Arturia Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everyone here probably knows about it right? Did a quick search and didn't find a topic for it.

https://www.arturia.com/past-to-the-future

50% off individual synths in the collection. Sometimes I think I should have just gotten a couple of them, instead of the whole collection. Some don't get much use from me, but I guess it's good to have them all.
Gotta' spend some quality time with some of them.

The collections are good.
Just don’t buy any of their hardware, which is of terrible quality.
Last edited by BMoore on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I like the DX7 V, Matrix 12 V, Synclavier V, and a couple of the other ones.

is the clavinet good or decent?

ScottZ wrote:is the clavinet good or decent?
It's OK but not as good as the Pianoteq one.

If you don't have the collection already in a past version, it's probably worth the asking price for an upgrade from one of their free synths. Otherwise, I'd wait for a better deal. I wouldn't buy any of their synths individually.

I refuse to buy their stuff because of their upgrade pricing.

I really enjoy the Farfisa, SEM, DX7, Modular, and Arp 2600. I like the Buchla too but I have no idea how to use it. Synclavier is nice to hear but a little tedious to program. I'm very interested in the CMI but haven't had time to play with it yet.

Do not get this for a Mini D. Get the Legend instead honestly. I ended up buying the Legend after just because I couldn't go back after hearing the demo. Same with proph and repro but the proph is much closer in quality to the repro than the mini is to legend. What the repro has over proph is that mysterious "musical" quality about it. Playing it is just so much more fun. Dunno what it is.

low_low wrote:I refuse to buy their stuff because of their upgrade pricing.
I'll skip their annual upgrades and upgrade every few years because of this ridiculous policy. Looks like they're sticking to their announcement of having a 'minimum' price for their upgrades of €250.

BMoore wrote:The collections a good.

I would def say its the other way around. I love their analogue stuff. Sounds ammazing, never had a single problem with it.

Most of the software sounds meh to me.

AnX wrote:

I would def say its the other way around. I love their analogue stuff. Sounds ammazing, never had a single problem with it.

As I said, they're good, not excellent.
But the build quality of their hardware is not good.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

MikeCallon wrote:
I'll skip their annual upgrades and upgrade every few years because of this ridiculous policy. Looks like they're sticking to their announcement of having a 'minimum' price for their upgrades of €250.
Yeah, the sale is a bad joke for those owning ver.5. :ud: :dog:

MikeCallon wrote:
Black Friday hasn't hit yet, and if they do stick to their guns a new version will be out soon enough.

BMoore wrote:
AnX wrote:

As I said, they're good, not excellent.
But the build quality of their hardware is not good.
As i said, never had a problem. Both mine are built like tanks, and they have had a fair bit of abuse over the years.

I don't know if it makes sense to update individual plugins to version 6? Besides the additional new plugins in the bundle, I don't see that there was something changed/improved.
So the sale is for me (as an V-Collection 5 user) not so interesting or have I missed something?

Return to “Instruments”