Palm mute layer bug in Shreddage 2 SRP, IBZ

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The palm mute layers seem to be a little out of order for Shreddage 2 SRP and IBZ. In both cases, the highest-velocity layer of palm mutes are significantly more muted than the lower-velocity ones.

For instance, load up the default Shreddage 2 SRP (V1_15).nki patch, which I assume is the latest. This has palm mutes set to 0<=velocity<=59. On the low E (the lowest note of a 6-string guitar in standard tuning), velocities 0 thru 49 work as expected (going from less open to more open), but then velocities 50 thru 59 are tightly muted, similar to velocity 35.

For Shreddage 2 IBZ, load up the default Shreddage 2 IBZ 24bit (V1_25).nki patch. This has palm mutes set to 0<=velocity<=59. Velocities 0 thru 58 work as expected (going from less open to more open), but then velocity 59 is tightly muted, similar to velocity 35. Only velocity 59 has this problem.

Shreddage 2 (V3_21) might have this problem as well but it's a little more difficult to pinpoint by ear because the palm mute layers sound similar to one another.

Shreddage Classic for S2X does NOT appear to have this problem.

Could you guys please check to see if you can replicate this problem, and if so could you please release a bug fix for it?

Hi DrMEM.
I've just done a super quick test using only SRP.
When i open the default kontakt patch it happens what you've described, so i go in "Advanced" tab under PALM MUTE TWEAKS and i set LOWEST LAYER to 1, HIGHEST LAYER to 11 and WEIGHTING to 100% and now it seems to work well.
To fix instead the issue with the velocity value 59, go to ARTICULATIONS and set 60 as max Vel for MUTE articulation.

Try and tell me if it works also for you.

Have a nice day.

Thanks, that works for me. Alternatively you can set WEIGHTING to 99% and leave the palm mute max velocity as 59.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”