Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Coda73
KVRist

121 posts since 5 Sep, 2011

Postby Coda73; Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

DarkStar wrote:
Coda73 wrote:Hello! I have a question: at present I can choose plug-ins worth $79 and below - whether I can buy one more plug-in for $99 that there was an opportunity to choose from plug-ins worth $99 or below? Thanks!

If you buy the second one at 99.99, I would expect that you will be able to choose 1 set of free plug-ins at 79.99 or below and 1 set at 99.99 or below (not 2 sets at 99.99 or below) .

I think, can be simple at me there will be an opportunity to choose the following plug-in beginning from 99 and below?
Per Aspera Ad Astra!
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5840 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:28 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Coda73 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
Coda73 wrote:Hello! I have a question: at present I can choose plug-ins worth $79 and below - whether I can buy one more plug-in for $99 that there was an opportunity to choose from plug-ins worth $99 or below? Thanks!

If you buy the second one at 99.99, I would expect that you will be able to choose 1 set of free plug-ins at 79.99 or below and 1 set at 99.99 or below (not 2 sets at 99.99 or below) .

I think, can be simple at me there will be an opportunity to choose the following plug-in beginning from 99 and below?

You would have two sets of free plugins to choose from. One would be 99.99 or below, the other 79.99 or below.
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
Obsession is truly the sincerest form of flattery and I couldn't be more flattered
FriendFaceJen
KVRer

5 posts since 14 Sep, 2018

Postby FriendFaceJen; Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:42 pm Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You would have two sets of free plugins to choose from. One would be 99.99 or below, the other 79.99 or below.

I bought a $125 plugin last month when it was only get 5 free and it said it would end at the end of the month. When it got to the limit, I picked my plugins. There wasn't any mention of extending the deal, or that I could get in more than once. Now I want to buy a $90 one, but with the ones I picked earlier from the previous purchase, there aren't enough under $90 ones for me to pick all 10 if it goes that high any more, because I chose some of the $90 and under ones already. I would have picked more $125 ones before. So I got screwed. There simply aren't enough available for me to choose from that I don't already own. I would never have picked the $90 and under in my first pick had I known, but I did because I believed what you had on your site at the time.

My question to Peter is, if I buy the $90 one, will you allow me to trade any $90 and under plugins for a $125 one from the 1st purchase, so I can get the full amount of the $90 and under ones?

I hope you followed that, lol. I hope you answer here in the affirmative, as out of the several thousand people that have gotten in, I'm sure I can't have possibly been the only one in this boat.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:59 pm Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

FriendFaceJen wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You would have two sets of free plugins to choose from. One would be 99.99 or below, the other 79.99 or below.

I bought a $125 plugin last month when it was only get 5 free and it said it would end at the end of the month. When it got to the limit, I picked my plugins. There wasn't any mention of extending the deal, or that I could get in more than once. Now I want to buy a $90 one, but with the ones I picked earlier from the previous purchase, there aren't enough under $90 ones for me to pick all 10 if it goes that high any more, because I chose some of the $90 and under ones already. I would have picked more $125 ones before. So I got screwed. There simply aren't enough available for me to choose from that I don't already own. I would never have picked the $90 and under in my first pick had I known, but I did because I believed what you had on your site at the time.

My question to Peter is, if I buy the $90 one, will you allow me to trade any $90 and under plugins for a $125 one from the 1st purchase, so I can get the full amount of the $90 and under ones?

I hope you followed that, lol. I hope you answer here in the affirmative, as out of the several thousand people that have gotten in, I'm sure I can't have possibly been the only one in this boat.

Sorry to hear that you feel you got a raw deal and didn't hear about the extensions. You can contact IK Support directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they'll be able to assist you.

Please note for future reference that you have 30 days after the close of the group buy to choose your plugins. This is the way we set group buys up each time in order to avoid situations like this.

Thank you.
Obsession is truly the sincerest form of flattery and I couldn't be more flattered
FriendFaceJen
KVRer

5 posts since 14 Sep, 2018

Postby FriendFaceJen; Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 pm Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Sorry to hear that you feel you got a raw deal and didn't hear about the extensions. You can contact IK Support directly at <clip> and they'll be able to assist you.

Please note for future reference that you have 30 days after the close of the group buy to choose your plugins. This is the way we set group buys up each time in order to avoid situations like this.

Thank you.

So you are saying that I should have known to wait 30 days to claim my plugins, in case what you said on your website is misleading. Which it was. It clearly said it was ending last month, and you got a max of 6. You said you were sorry I didn't hear about the extensions - before you extended them. I'm wondering how you even thought that possible. Sorry, but my IKM Crystal Ball plugin isn't working. You think that everyone is going to know to wait 30 days to use what they've already paid for, just in case you change the rules around, "in order to avoid situations like this".

I'm trying real hard to not complain about you extending it, and increasing the amount of plugins. I'm actually very happy about it. Good for you.

I am suggesting that, for customer service sake, instead of giving some politician-speak non-answer (there certainly wasn't a yes or no in there), and an excuse about how you set things up that makes no sense to avoiding the situation, that you simply say, "Sure, we understand, we've got your back, once we verify your facts, if you fall under that situation, we'll fix that for you! Just contact customer service!". What I don't realize is why you don't publicly answer a yes or no question with a public yes or no answer. You sound worse than a used car salesman after the sale. You actually blamed me for not knowing that you were going to change the deal ahead of time, and suggested everyone to wait a month to use their plugins purchased from your company.

I've been reading your responses in here, and I see a lot of "you should'a read the fine print!" answers, yet you have a faq for the group buy that I read before buying, and it is sorely lacking in specifics or a suggestion to wait until the buy is over to choose the products. Why don't you spell out stuff in there? That would be a good spot to make clear stuff like the other guy that thought he could get the group buy, sell what he didn't want from the freebies, and make a profit? Or that the plugins don't resize or whatever without a bought version of T-Racks 5?

I want to buy another one of your products now, I want to know what to do. You had a chance to make IKM shine in a public forum with good customer service. Instead, you gave a terrible non-answer and a time-warping excuse. Want to try again?
Coda73
KVRist

121 posts since 5 Sep, 2011

Postby Coda73; Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:58 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

personally I am grateful for such unique opportunity to get so many plug-ins at the price of one - in my country to me it was necessary to give all salary in a year to buy them everything, and service support helped to correct too a situation with my question so thank you, IK Multimedia!
Per Aspera Ad Astra!
DarkStar
KVRAF

8495 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:56 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

... only 19 more, for SEVEN free. Graph on page 1 updated
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
DarkStar
KVRAF

Postby DarkStar; Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:04 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

FriendFaceJen wrote:I am suggesting that, for customer service sake, instead of giving some politician-speak non-answer (there certainly wasn't a yes or no in there), and an excuse about how you set things up that makes no sense to avoiding the situation, that you simply say, "Sure, we understand, we've got your back, once we verify your facts, if you fall under that situation, we'll fix that for you! Just contact customer service!".

Peter cannot speak for Customer Service. He did make the perfectly reasonable suggestion that you contact them (and, for info, they generally work US business hours, not over the weekends). If you explain your particular circumstances (that you have purchased a 124.99 and a 99.99 plug-in) they may well be able to sort you out, so that you do not lose out.

FriendFaceJen wrote:I've been reading your responses in here, and I see a lot of "you should'a read the fine print!" answers, yet you have a faq for the group buy that I read before buying, and it is sorely lacking in specifics or a suggestion to wait until the buy is over to choose the products. Why don't you spell out stuff in there? That would be a good spot to make clear stuff like the other guy that thought he could get the group buy, sell what he didn't want from the freebies, and make a profit? Or that the plugins don't resize or whatever without a bought version of T-Racks 5?

The FAQs could get very long - many people don't bother to read them anyway and those that do may well complain of the apparent constraints. Having said that, yes, I agree, they could be improved.

FriendFaceJen wrote:I want to buy another one of your products now, I want to know what to do.

Do you mean a third one? If so, what do you want to know?
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9271 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:35 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Do they make a dynamic EQ that’ll use the input from a side chain like Waves’ F6 Floating Band EQ?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
fmr
KVRAF

7445 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Is the Lurssen Console also eligible for this GB?

And since I have almost everything, may I reserve the serials of the chosen products without using them?
Fernando (FMR)
DarkStar
KVRAF

Postby DarkStar; Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Yes and no ;) Well, it depends on what you mean by "reserve" - you do have to choose which ones and they will be Registered to your IK Account.
Any time you purchase and register a T-RackS processor and/or Lurssen Mastering Console, you get another 6 processors of equal or lesser value for free.

and
Please note that you can claim your free products from your IK User Area for a period of 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. Claims for promotional products cannot be made after 30 days after the closing date of the promotion.

DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
Bombadil
KVRAF

1777 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

7th free one, now.
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”

Kurt Vonnegut
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

FriendFaceJen wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Sorry to hear that you feel you got a raw deal and didn't hear about the extensions. You can contact IK Support directly at <clip> and they'll be able to assist you.

Thank you.

So you are saying that I should have known to wait 30 days to claim my plugins, in case what you said on your website is misleading. Which it was. It clearly said it was ending last month, and you got a max of 6. You said you were sorry I didn't hear about the extensions - before you extended them. I'm wondering how you even thought that possible. Sorry, but my IKM Crystal Ball plugin isn't working. You think that everyone is going to know to wait 30 days to use what they've already paid for, just in case you change the rules around, "in order to avoid situations like this".

I'm trying real hard to not complain about you extending it, and increasing the amount of plugins. I'm actually very happy about it. Good for you.

I am suggesting that, for customer service sake, instead of giving some politician-speak non-answer (there certainly wasn't a yes or no in there), and an excuse about how you set things up that makes no sense to avoiding the situation, that you simply say, "Sure, we understand, we've got your back, once we verify your facts, if you fall under that situation, we'll fix that for you! Just contact customer service!". What I don't realize is why you don't publicly answer a yes or no question with a public yes or no answer. You sound worse than a used car salesman after the sale. You actually blamed me for not knowing that you were going to change the deal ahead of time, and suggested everyone to wait a month to use their plugins purchased from your company.

I've been reading your responses in here, and I see a lot of "you should'a read the fine print!" answers, yet you have a faq for the group buy that I read before buying, and it is sorely lacking in specifics or a suggestion to wait until the buy is over to choose the products. Why don't you spell out stuff in there? That would be a good spot to make clear stuff like the other guy that thought he could get the group buy, sell what he didn't want from the freebies, and make a profit? Or that the plugins don't resize or whatever without a bought version of T-Racks 5?

I want to buy another one of your products now, I want to know what to do. You had a chance to make IKM shine in a public forum with good customer service. Instead, you gave a terrible non-answer and a time-warping excuse. Want to try again?

As DarkStar posted, this is on the T-RackS Group Buy page:
Please note that you can claim your free products from your IK User Area for a period of 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. Claims for promotional products cannot be made after 30 days after the closing date of the promotion.

That is what I meant by having 30 days so yes, I did think that people were aware as this has been on the page from the beginning. No crystal ball would be required, I think there was a misunderstanding of what I originally replied which I can understand can happen when one is frustrated.

I don't feel that is misleading at all as you'd have had 30 days after the original deadline to choose and as DarkStar also pointed out I made a suggestion that I feel was suitable that you can contact support and they'll likely be able to assist you to your satisfaction.

I also think your assessment based on misunderstanding my quote is a bit unfair, I pointed you to where you can get a resolution as well as making people aware of the terms that have been available on the page from the start. I understand you may still disagree with that and I'd be sorry to hear that so if there's anything else you feel I could do to help I'm available directly via PM. Thank you.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Coda73 wrote:personally I am grateful for such unique opportunity to get so many plug-ins at the price of one - in my country to me it was necessary to give all salary in a year to buy them everything, and service support helped to correct too a situation with my question so thank you, IK Multimedia!

I will pass along your kind words and I'm sure the team can also assist others who may have issues or confusion with the group buy and get them to where they'd like to be and get everybody happy. Thanks!
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:36 am Re: T-RackS Group Buy - "Buy 1, get up to NINE free"

Edit - DarkStar answered so I'll just say woo hoo! 8 for the price of 1 now! Let's get to 10 for the price of 1!
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)