must have plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:You are not alone.. I must have plug-ins, too.
im now imagining you walking along like a zombie, in stead of "braaaaiiiinnnnnssss" youre muttering "pluuuugggiiinnnnnnnssssss" :scared:
... or "aaartiffficiaallll innntellllligeeeence" :help:

do not get me started on the ai! :scared:

vurt wrote:do not get me started on the ai! :scared:
Go on ... go on, go on

mtelesha wrote:
Michael L wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:To become a real KVR member, you have to have ALL plugins...
...or have demoed them, so you can have ALL opinions. :hyper:
Opinions do not come from experience they are within everyone at birth. I have an opinion therefore I am.
Trump just retweeted your post!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Xpand2 and its on sale at Reverb.com

As far as instruments Omnishpere. Everything else doesn't fit in a 'must have' category given they're all pretty similar in sound and functions.

As far as effects, anything by Zynaptiq, especially Morph2, Trash2, Gatekeeper

As far as must have not plugins, Stutter Edit is top of the list, Falcon to some degree fits in there too. That's controversial I know, but kinda true given it's price vs usability ratio.

As far as bundles go;
Vintage Vault 2: If I had the choice again I probably wouldn't have bought this given it overlaps a lot of Omnisphere but with slightly less quality and a lot less content (especially since Omniphere 2.5 arrived). Also I dont believe the synth's presets are characteristic of the decade they're supposed to be. For example Synth Sensation vol 2 (of the 90s)...where the hell are the punchy trance synths in this??

Komplete:
Probably a little on the redundant side, ie too many pianos that sound the same, too many synths that sound the same, cinematic stuff, etc, etc.

As far as post production:
Ozone8 is probably the biggest must have out of the lot.

This thread is supporting gas, I do have a couple of the must haves mentioned here, most of them settle virtual dust...;-)
A must have is a fretless bass though... (the amp for example is not...)
We should,start a new thread... What is your most unused must have plug-in...

Tj Shredder wrote: We should,start a new thread... What is your most unused must have plug-in...
Echoboy - anyone want to make me an offer?

But put it in HPC, it might heat up...
Well, winter is aproaching...

vurt wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:You are not alone.. I must have plug-ins, too.
im now imagining you walking along like a zombie, in stead of "braaaaiiiinnnnnssss" youre muttering "pluuuugggiiinnnnnnnssssss" :scared:
Thanks for the image in my head. Now I feel sorry for most new "producers" who have "I need this n that to sound like *" plugin hoarding going :dog:

Tj Shredder wrote:But put it in HPC, it might heat up...
Well, winter is aproaching...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HPC

martinjuenke wrote:To become a real KVR member, you have to have ALL plugins...
8)

Thanks, I knew that something was really wrong with me :dog:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ones that are easy to manipulate for sound design.

I much prefer circuit modelled synths such as those done by Andrew Simper (Cytomic, FXPansion) and Beepstreet Dagger.

Also, it's best to have a good wavetable synth for deeper sound design such as Xfer Serum, Tone2 Icarus, Synaptic Dune2.

Also, a classic VA synth like Uhe Diva, Synaptic Legend, Tone2 Saurus, IL Transistor Bass, PM Phonec.

A shrill synth like Tone2 Nemesis and finally Lennar Sylenth1.

What else?
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Instruments”