Tell me why I am going to buy a Digitone

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why am I doing this? I know I must. Have an Analog Keys already and enjoy the probability triggers. But it just stand there and scream and cry for its digi-brother. I know they must be united but my economical superego complains and say it is not necessary. But I know it is, you just have to remind me.

Plz

because you think the next thing will be the last thing, it will make your music better!

Need better reasons or I may buy a Korg Kronos instead. That will cost me 4 times as much and my economical superego will go nuts for a month or more.

I dunno man, I'm getting the itch to buy this one too. I even sold off all my hardware last year but the Digitone is making me scratch again....

It's an amazing little box the Digitone.. been playing about with mine all night :)

What a couple. Tact and Tone. They are yummingly cute for sure. Easy to program? It looks like the display may be larger than A-Keys’, which is “okay” but not exactly a party. If Tones’ dislay is just a tiny more convenient than Keys’, I’d even call it an upgrade without blinking or smiling hysterically.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote:I even sold off all my hardware last year.
You did? I admire your bravery and determination. How much and what?

It is OT but I am the OP and I want an OD of OCD from another than me so I can feel free.

IncarnateX wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:I even sold off all my hardware last year.
You did? I admire your bravery and determination. How much and what?

It is OT but I am the OP and I want an OD of OCD from another than me so I can feel free.
I thought you were the guy who went all ballistically self-righteous over the use of that term?
OCD? You know as a psychologist I can tell you that you have just abused a very serious disorder, which causes a lot of agony for those suffering from it and their relatives. Reported.
Are you only 'a psychologist' when it suits you?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Are you only 'a psychologist' when it suits you?

Of course, anything else would be stupid psychology.

Any KVR traditions broken I should be aware of if I continue this path?

IncarnateX wrote:Need better reasons or I may buy a Korg Kronos instead. That will cost me 4 times as much and my economical superego will go nuts for a month or more.

well, "the next thing is the last thing" i gave up on that years ago. course it isn't. the future is great!!!

but why do you need more than "it will make my music better!"? or in actual terms "it will add something to my rig and be useful to do [insert function of new gear x]"

get both and screw you economical superego. as a psychologist, you should know that psychology is bullshit.

IncarnateX wrote:Need better reasons or I may buy a Korg Kronos instead. That will cost me 4 times as much and my economical superego will go nuts for a month or more.

well, "the next thing is the last thing" i gave up on that years ago. course it isn't. the future is great!!!

but why do you need more than "it will make my music better!"? or in actual terms "it will add something to my rig and be useful to do [insert function of new gear x]"

get both and screw you economical superego. as a psychologist, you should know that psychology is bullshit.

vurt wrote: but why do you need more than "it will make my music better!"?
As an excuse or for real? Any excuse is good but one knows it is bullshit. For real, it simply won’t. Neither Digitone nor Kronos can do anything I cannot do with my current set uo.
or in actual terms "it will add something to my rig and be useful to do [insert function of new gear x]"

As stated above, no new function, dammit. :(
I wish it was that easy. My Super ego hurts and refuses to be rejected as bullshit. And if I tell it that it is no more than a story of Freud, it hurts me even more. Superego is real. Or at least my is.
Trump never had one, I would agree to that.

But you got a point about getting both of them. I will think about that too. Best defence is attack and all. I do have the money for once in my life, so it won’t be a budget killer. It is just that babbling :x

IncarnateX wrote: no new function, dammit. :(
then i don't understand why its even a consideration?

i like delays, i have several. im looking to buy more...
but only delays that do new interesting things my current ones don't, or they improve on something a current one does.
unless i needed two similar ones (one on the modular one on guitar for eg) in which case id probably get another of the same one, but its still adding to the set up even with no new function.

what is it that makes you want it? im confused.
surely if the superego (economic in your case) actually existed, you wouldn't even be considering it.
so you've just proven psychology and the superego is bullshit.

ill take my nobel prize thanks :)

vurt wrote:what is it that makes you want it? im confused.
Me too. That is why you gotta tell me how magnificant Digitone is so I will know.
surely if the superego (economic in your case) actually existed, you wouldn't even be considering it.
you know, it is always a struggle between id and superego with poor ego-me as negotiator. Some times id consider things and I get punished, other times punishment is too ineffective and id gets away with it.
so you've just proven psychology and the superego is bullshit.
Hopefully
ill take my nobel prize thanks :)
You will take the honor for my proof to which you just referred?^^^^
No way. That prize is obviously mine.

i presented the proof, you where part of the experiment.
i merely used you to prove "my" theory :P

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”