My new single, with video (Alternative '80s synth vibe music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: Wow, this sounds like a real song like off the radio, like when I was in my 20s, like when I used to hate this stuff and then ended up loving it and ended up wishing I could do stuff like this. Now don't you wish you had a time machine so you could go back to 1982 and make your million?

I hear influences of The Police, Tears For Fears, and Duran Duran.

The mid-80s was when I turned off the radio for good.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bansaw wrote:I think this is really really good.
Loved the lighting in the video, the neon. Very effective.
A bit too much with the flashy box lights, but overall very good.

Liked the solo. Could have done with a bridge or chorus with a more major chord feel to bring us up a bit.
But a lot of work and thought has gone into this song and video. Well done. :tu:
Cheers! The video's not perfect, but sometimes you've just got to finish things and move. As far as the video goes, what pisses me off is all the banding and mp4 artefacts that came from all the lighleak overlays I used. mp4 sucks at gradients.

And yip, it's a long video, so I repeated shots more than I normally would!

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: Wow, this sounds like a real song like off the radio, like when I was in my 20s, like when I used to hate this stuff and then ended up loving it and ended up wishing I could do stuff like this. Now don't you wish you had a time machine so you could go back to 1982 and make your million?
Top marks! Thanks! :tu: This is the third draft of this song. I uploaded the first version here and honestly though I was done, but everyone thought the vocals were too quite/unclear due to too much reverb. So I begrudgingly remixed it... lo and behold... I think the KVR community were right! :lol:

Bombadil wrote:I hear influences of The Police, Tears For Fears, and Duran Duran.

I'm 37 and come from a punk/grunge background, but now that I'm older I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac (2 bands that are 'rock bands', but the synths are as important as the guitars) plus a lot of general soft '80s music.

So it's quite funny. When I listen to my music, I hear punk music (when I say punk music, I'm actually talking about '90s skate punk; Green Day, The Offspring, NOFX and so on) with the drums and bass replaced with electronic instruments... but yeah, I like the sound of '80s music, so I choose '80s sounding synth and drum sounds.

Thanks.

ahhhh here it is. opinions get kicked around alot about music being good or bad.
this is GOOD. good, good, good...(echo) :hihi: anyone with any music taste cant deny.
80's electro 4ever!
https://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/al ... eam-single

the entire album is quite enjoyable, actually. :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm ahhhh here it is. opinions get kicked around alot about music being good or bad.
this is GOOD. good, good, good...(echo) :hihi: anyone with any music taste cant deny.
80's electro 4ever!
https://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/al ... eam-single

the entire album is quite enjoyable, actually. :phones:
I guess I'm lacking any musical taste...nothing wrong, but nothing outstanding...excuse me if I lift my mask to yawn.

an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:32 pm
Bombadil wrote:I hear influences of The Police, Tears For Fears, and Duran Duran.

I'm 37 and come from a punk/grunge background, but now that I'm older I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac (2 bands that are 'rock bands', but the synths are as important as the guitars) plus a lot of general soft '80s music.

So it's quite funny. When I listen to my music, I hear punk music (when I say punk music, I'm actually talking about '90s skate punk; Green Day, The Offspring, NOFX and so on) with the drums and bass replaced with electronic instruments... but yeah, I like the sound of '80s music, so I choose '80s sounding synth and drum sounds.

Thanks.
Punk music!!! Skate Punk? I'm 68 and by the 90's Punk was POP music. I am a skater and we thought Green Day was gay! That's why we HATE genres!

an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Top marks! Thanks! :tu: This is the third draft of this song. I uploaded the first version here and honestly though I was done, but everyone thought the vocals were too quite/unclear due to too much reverb. So I begrudgingly remixed it... lo and behold... I think the KVR community were right! :lol:
Top Marks from wagtunes!!? That's like being played at a Trump rally!

Karma_tba wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:40 pm I guess I'm lacking any musical taste...excuse me if I lift my mask to yawn.
the song is polished, shows exceptional compositional structure, catchy riffs, meaningful lyrics, clean production and well sung. but i can understand that people lacking those skills in their own music would not acknowledge those things in other peoples music.
:idea:

Is this a compliment?...."sounds like a real song off the radio" "when I used to hate this stuff"!!!

'

layzer wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:00 pm
Karma_tba wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:40 pm I guess I'm lacking any musical taste...excuse me if I lift my mask to yawn.
the song is polished, shows exceptional compositional structure, catchy riffs, meaningful lyrics, clean production and well sung. but i can understand that people lacking those skills in their own music would not acknowledge those things in other peoples music.
So that explains why you like it!

layzer wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:00 pm
Everything your music lacks!!!

Here you go. At least rag on the new (album) mix. :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... quid-dream

an-electric-heart wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 pm Here you go. At least rag on the new (album) mix. :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... quid-dream
oh cool! its an old thread missing the video. (which was good too)
LOL, the dude is always posting his karaoke sounding stuff that no one ever clicks or comments on. so naturally he will cry about other people getting better praise. whatever, both you and i and many others that have heard it, love it. rock on, AEH.

Return to “Music Cafe”