Lush-101

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to admit Lush is a pretty solid synth. Very reasonable CPU (if you keep the layers and polyphony down). For the 50 dollar price it's worth it. I've seen it go on sale 4 times since last summer, so don't sweat missing the sale deadline. I'll tell you what is (in my opinion) a better synth in the same vein is Strobe 2. It doesn't use layers, and it definitely costs more (doesn't go on sale much either) but, I have the same "damn that sounds good" reaction that I get from say...Diva, or the PolyKBIII. But really, the Lush is a good synth.

How long the discount may last?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Jumped on this at the $49 sale price. Downloaded and authorized in minutes. Instant gratification. CPU hungry though...
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote:Jumped on this at the $49 sale price. Downloaded and authorized in minutes. Instant gratification. CPU hungry though...
You need to go into the settings and select the Multicore CPU support option. It'll work MUCH better

W23 wrote:I have to admit Lush is a pretty solid synth. Very reasonable CPU (if you keep the layers and polyphony down). For the 50 dollar price it's worth it. I've seen it go on 4 times since last summer, so don't sweat missing the deadline. I'll tell you what is (in my opinion) a better synth in the same vein is Strobe 2. It doesn't use layers, and it definitely costs more (doesn't go on much either) but, I have the same "damn that sounds good" reaction that I get from say...Diva, or the PolyKBIII. But really, the Lush is a good synth.
C'mon, Strobe 2 costs $179, more than TRIPLE the current $49 for Lush.

You could have bought FAW Circle2 for $20 plus D16 Lush-101 $49 and have ONE HUNDRED AND TEN dollars left this month for other stuff (like Xpand+AIR upgrade, or 2 Vahalla reverbs, or ALL Klanghelm plugins, or...).

Sounds like awesome.
If I didn't already have everything it does covered, I'd be all over it. Especially at that price. That's a damn good price for that much sonic power.

recursive one wrote:How long the discount may last?
Well, glad that I didn't miss it
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

W23 wrote:
ramseysounds wrote:Jumped on this at the $49 sale price. Downloaded and authorized in minutes. Instant gratification. CPU hungry though...
You need to go into the settings and select the Multicore CPU support option. It'll work MUCH better
Good to know. I wasn't aware of the multicore thing. Cheers.

pottering wrote:
W23 wrote:I have to admit Lush is a pretty solid synth. Very reasonable CPU (if you keep the layers and polyphony down). For the 50 dollar price it's worth it. I've seen it go on 4 times since last summer, so don't sweat missing the deadline. I'll tell you what is (in my opinion) a better synth in the same vein is Strobe 2. It doesn't use layers, and it definitely costs more (doesn't go on much either) but, I have the same "damn that sounds good" reaction that I get from say...Diva, or the PolyKBIII. But really, the Lush is a good synth.
C'mon, Strobe 2 costs $179, more than TRIPLE the current $49 for Lush.

You could have bought FAW Circle2 for $20 plus D16 Lush-101 $49 and have ONE HUNDRED AND TEN dollars left this month for other stuff (like Xpand+AIR upgrade, or 2 Vahalla reverbs, or ALL Klanghelm plugins, or...).
I actually got Strobe 2 discounted from Fxpansion, having owned Geist 2 and Tremor. It was 125 bucks that way. And yes, even $125 IS expensive. You have to check out the demo and decide for yourself if it's worth it. You can wind up getting a few bucks knocked off going thru somewhere like plugin boutique and cashing in reward bucks too, if you don't own any Fxpansion. I already have Lush (50 bucks last summer). I also have Circle (20 bucks last week). I still think Strobe 2 sounds better....like A LOT better. Lol! I should've noted I got a discount. Again, it's just my personal opinion. I fooled around with the Strobe demo for a good long while side by side with Lush on another track, and yes...there really is a difference. The sound, the interface, the modulations, the effects...all better. Totally subjective, of course. I too was real skeptical, until I heard someone else rave about it, and checked out the demo for myself.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This thing has immediately gone straight to the very top of my most frustrating purchases ever.

It sounds superb but the modulation limitations are ridiculous. Can I not assign the vowel position to an LFO or an envelope? I can't even assign it to velocity!

Surely a synth with "virtually limitless sound design possibilities" cannot be this limited. If it was hardware I would have thrown the f**cking thing out the window by now.

1 insert effect. 1. One. Uno. Ein!

"The only synthesizer you need" :lol: GTFO!

*ok, rant over. Please tell me I'm wrong.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Dunno. All i can say is that LuSH-101 never blew me out of the water either (especially takes way too much CPU for what it offers, in terms of sound quality). Ended up selling it (got it for free, so, non-issue). The vowel filter is absolutely great though, and the best thing i ever heard in that regard. So, might even be an idea to just keep it for that.

Well, LuSH-101 was supposed to be an emulation of SH-101, which is very simple hardware monosynth. It's not sound designer's dream for sure :shrug:

I wanted it to create oldschool analog sounds and it makes them. Can't complain.

Also received LuSH-101 for free, though :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Well, LuSH-101 was supposed to be an emulation of SH-101, which is very simple hardware monosynth. It's not sound designer's dream for sure :shrug:

I wanted it to create oldschool analog sounds and it makes them. Can't complain.

Also received LuSH-101 for free, though :hihi:
I know what the 101 is, I have two of them.

The D16 website bills this as the only synth you'll ever need, not a basic mono synth. TAL101 is the same but I'm not complaining about that because they haven't made absurd claims.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

LuSH-101 has a lot more features than TAL-101 though. The TAL one is rather a strict emulation, while LuSH-101 offers many things which go beyond that.

Return to “Instruments”