Tell me why I am going to buy a Digitone

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Too late, I just took patent. I will be rich and buy ten Digitones and ten Kronos. Maybe more when I buy my Casttle.

and don't worry :hug:
nothing personal :)

i hate all psychologists.

(well, except one)

vurt wrote:and don't worry

i hate all psychologists.

(well, except one)
Don’t worry, so do I...well, except one.

Oh, thats so nice - I am the one...

I got one about 2 weeks ago, sold some gear I wasn't using much. I buy new stuff as it makes me happy, reading reviews, finding a good deal, watching demo videos etc, all part of the process...

I have the A4, OT and RYTM and even Heat....guess yiu can say I am an elektron fan....

I have to say the Digitone is my faveroute and the best value of all the boxes in my opinion if you have other midi geat to sequence (and not OT)...4 + 4 can do a lot of cool stuff if you want some DAWless jamming...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks for mentioning this. Added this to my wish list. I also want the Digitakt, Polyend Dreadbox and MicroGranny.

SLiC wrote:4 + 4 can do a lot of cool stuff if you want some DAWless jamming...
Yes I noted that in particular. A-Keys does only trig internally but digitone can control external gear by trigger conditions. Understand why you are a fan. They make some serious shit.

I am going for the digitone, period. SLiC did it. I mean; an elektron fan that got all the boxes and despite of the powerful analog engines of A4 and RYTM says this little DX7 wannabee is his favorite? That is exactly the crazy statements I am looking for. Sounds like it is great dope and I am not going to decline that.

Besides, I have watched most videos with Kronos and at a point, my stomach began to hurt. All its layers and menus and countless features gave me nauseatingly assocations to my decade on software where I lost myself in time consuming complexites instead of just making music. Digitone it is. Thanks for contributions.

I'm looking to get one to pair with my Rytm. P-locked FM is hard to resist, and there are plenty of impressive demos out there already.

I’m not confused about why you want a Digitone. Seems like a great sounding and fun synth. What I’m confused about is why you need any justification beyond just wanting it. I’m personally happy using software for FM, but if I needed to go all hardware for some reason, I’d be on it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Need justification no more. Got mine today and it is dope. Way beyond your average groovebox and with a high quality revival of the FM engine. Damn, some engineers those Elektron boys are.

IncarnateX wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm Need better reasons or I may buy a Korg Kronos instead. That will cost me 4 times as much and my economical superego will go nuts for a month or more.
As an alternative to the Kronos and also as a means of acquiring superb FM synthesis...perhaps the Yamaha MODX might suit you better and save you some green in the process?

Nevermind...just saw your last post.

It’s okay. Actually I have bought a digitone AND a Korg M3m + Radias expansion board instead of the Kronos for under half its price. Wanted the Karma 2 tech from Kronos but realised M3 had it too. All is good.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”