IK T-Racks Group Buy up to 9 free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why all the hate here? :(

The company are offering probably one of the best group buys, like ever and all some people are worried about is resizing GUI's? Get a grip. :dog:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Some people, like me, need the scalabilty, otherwise I would've stayed with 3 Deluxe. A number of people feel the distinction between the CS singles and T5 is not well presented. Some of those bought in and were disappointed, and others didn't bite because they did realize they would not get the features they would like. I am just fortunate that I bought T5 Deluxe last winter.

So let's see:

€166 for T5D = 22 processors;
€119 for 10 processors, including the Leslie, which isn't in any package.

€285 for 31 MAX processors + the Leslie.

To my mind fair, but hardly the deal of the century. I do think the processors are damn good, though.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Definitely an unbeatable deal, how about making extra features available for a modest fee, say, €19.99. Or even better, own 5 modules to open extra features.
I have 19 T-RackS modules, It's not cost effective to get T-RackS 5.
I have half of these, I tried the One module, It's not something I would use, so why buy the package?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote:Definitely an unbeatable deal, how about making extra features available for a modest fee, say, €19.99. Or even better, own 5 modules to open extra features.
I have 19 T-RackS modules, It's not cost effective to get T-RackS 5.
I have half of these, I tried the One module, It's not something I would use, so why buy the package?
Good suggestions.
Or ... if the Group Buy hits 3300 in the next nine days, grant resizability for all.

Well, yeah, this sort of product policy was reasonable in the 90ties .... Logic Platinum / Gold /Silver, with extra packages like exs24 / es2 / space designer, etc. First think Apple stopped (after Win-support). Selling products wich cannot be updated by just themselves is not really customer-centred ... asking for unsatisfied customers.
Having to pay for a Logic update to get new features for the exs (which one purchased separately) .... not very customer-friendly

Well, it is just 14 years since Apple stopped this, so, there is still hope for the rest of the industry that they understand it one day as well.

best

So got the metering plugin in the group buy, how do I use it in T5cs? The show metering option is greyed our?

I asked this in the other thread, but I'll try here too:

Anyone have any idea how gear credits and jam points accrue? I want to make a purchase but am trying to be smart about it.

For example, if I buy 100 gear credits do I earn more jam points/gear credits? Is it a percentage of the purchase price or so many per dollar, etc?

p_wats wrote:I asked this in the other thread, but I'll try here too:

Anyone have any idea how gear credits and jam points accrue? I want to make a purchase but am trying to be smart about it.

For example, if I buy 100 gear credits do I earn more jam points/gear credits? Is it a percentage of the purchase price or so many per dollar, etc?
You can find all the details about JamPoints at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/ Hope that helps!

jbarish wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
jbarish wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:T-RackS 5 is more than a "shell". Please check the T-RackS 5 product page (also linked on the page I linked above) for the full list of features and processors included.
I suppose you have to say this because you work for them, but if you're not interested in mastering & assembling a CD within a closed system (using only IK plugs) I fail to see how it's not a shell.
No, I say it because T-RackS 5 is more than just a shell. It is also 5 great standalone plugins with many great features, a great sound engine update and more.

Just the 5 plugins are worth it and if you use JamPoints to take off 30% they are under $/€21 a piece. That alone is worth it. Plus the holy grail of resizing that people seem to really want, and the other features mentioned multiple times in this thread.
But if you buy those 5 plugs in this promotion, doesn't that gut your argument???
No it does not. It just means that better choices may have been to get the plugins that are not in T-RackS 5 in this promotion and purchase T-RackS 5 on its own if resizing and those other features are that important.

VitaminD wrote:
planetearth wrote:
planetearth wrote:I haven't read all 8 pages of this, but I've read the first couple and last couple, and I'm still a bit confused about one thing: Do the VST2/VST3 versions of the plug-ins offer re-sizable GUIs?

The last T-RackS 5 plug-in I got did not. It was the full version of the plug-in, but it was free from Computer Music, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to have a resizable GUI. If the plug-ins that are available as part of this group buy have re-sizable GUIs, then I'm definitely in. I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Steve
The singles do not. They function as T-RackS 5 Custom Shop singles and do not have resizing and other features/etc you get if you have purchased T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, or T-RackS 5 MAX per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/
Thanks for the quick reply Peter, but all I see on the page you linked is this:
"For current T-RackS owners
If you already own a T-RackS bundle or any single processors, you can still use your old T-RackS version but we highly recommend you upgrade to the newest version so you can really take advantage of all the new gear models, the new redesigned, resizable interface, [emphasis mine] the new enhanced audio engine and much more!"

So just to be clear, if I buy one of the singles (regardless of how many others come free with it right now), it's not resizable, and I have to use it within T-RackS CS. Is that correct?

Thanks again for your help in clarifying this.
See, Peter, your company's layout of information on this is still not obvious.
To the person to whom you replied. I have shown the pages on our site are quite clear multiple times in this and the other thread. The text above clearly means to upgrade to the paid version, and does not mention T-RackS 5 Custom Shop (the free version) so I'm sorry that it confused the person reading it but our web site elaborates for clarification in case one does not quite understand what a short blurb is saying.

sureno wrote:So got the metering plugin in the group buy, how do I use it in T5cs? The show metering option is greyed our?
Please check with IK Support on this and they will surely be able to assist. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!

sureno wrote:So got the metering plugin in the group buy, how do I use it in T5cs? The show metering option is greyed our?
Please check with IK Support on this and they will surely be able to assist. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
I wonder how responsive people in IK support are. Anyway, I'm waiting for the reply concerning the metering plugin.

I have raised this question earlier, too, but now I included a video clip to strenghten my point. So far no reply.

My point is the calibration of the VU meter. This is impemented in most stupid way:

1. Firstly, the default value is -10 dB, a very rare VU meter zero point. More common is -16, -18 or even higher.

2. Secondly, ALL the other meter section in the plugin include a setting in the upper left corner - but not the VU meter sectio.

3. Thirdly, the VU meter calibratiln figure is almost unvisible, light grey number.

4. And finally, the changing of the figure is impossible, no matter if I try to use mouse or edit the number with keyboard.

Pure sadism! :x :evil: :dog:

IK Support typically replies within one business day. I’m sure they’ll be able to field those requests and forward any pertinent information and feature requests accordingly.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:IK Support typically replies within one business day. I’m sure they’ll be able to field those requests and forward any pertinent information and feature requests accordingly.
Is Sebastion still there?

I've not heard anything back regarding the newsletter.

As always, thanks for your help.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:IK Support typically replies within one business day. I’m sure they’ll be able to field those requests and forward any pertinent information and feature requests accordingly.
Alright, lets see, I will report in the Kvr how it goes - and BTW, I think this is not a "feature request" but a bug. The VU section is useless how it is at the moment.

Return to “Effects”