Waves : 2 plugins for $30, ends 24.09 (extended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about Bass Rider for sub-bass kick and vocals? It supposedly works in live performance too, which could be very nice for me as a bass/baritone since I usually have to lower my volume to sing below G2.

u guys maybe check Renaissance Bass, it's classic but maybe not everyone knows it... :)

in terms of adding rumble to the bass imho one of or maybe even best choice :D
Last edited by gort11112 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Already picked up the H-Series bundle for cheap this week, so I'm thinking I'll probably get Tune Real-Time and Torque.

Torque is marketed as a drum pitch correction tool, but I've found that it can be used to produce some really ethereal effects on non percussive sounds. Having pitch shifting targeted at particular frequencies makes for an interesting sound design tool.

Re: MV2 it sounds fine but there's a limited amount of control given what it does. For music production I'd want something more controlled/predictable, but I can see myself using it for something like voiceover or drama production.

simon.a.billington wrote:
imrae wrote:H-reverb looking very tempting! I see quite a few popular compressors there: CLA-76, PIE, PuigChild, API 2500. Do any of these bring something I don't already have with DC8C and MJUC?
They were selling the H-Series bundle a few days back for $60.
I bought the H-Series bundle for $24 last Monday, after taking some short quiz. To be honest I find these perpetual sales a bit silly. Just lower the prices permanently to something reasonable...

While saying that, seeing this deal, I couldn't resist buying some more plug-ins, namely API 2500 and CLA 76. However I promised myself this will be the last one. Can't really see anything else that would add anything for me, and I need to spend time to familiarize myself with the plugins I've already got anyway.

i demoed the API 2500, and found something weird here... in FF mode (new), I couldn't get it to do any gain reduction, it only worked in old (FB) mode. is that normal, or just a bug on my system?

Just bought H-Reverb and waves tune.

You can use my referral code: https://www.waves.com/r/25yf3q

:)

AdvancedFollower wrote:
imrae wrote:H-reverb looking very tempting! I see quite a few popular compressors there: CLA-76, PIE, PuigChild, API 2500. Do any of these bring something I don't already have with DC8C and MJUC?
I bought the H-Series bundle for $24 last Monday, after taking some short quiz. To be honest I find these perpetual sales a bit silly. Just lower the prices permanently to something reasonable...

While saying that, seeing this deal, I couldn't resist buying some more plug-ins, namely API 2500 and CLA 76. However I promised myself this will be the last one. Can't really see anything else that would add anything for me, and I need to spend time to familiarize myself with the plugins I've already got anyway.
I passed on the H-series flash sale but ended up getting H-reverb, H-delay, H-EQ, as well as Vocal Rider, Bass Rider, Maserati VX1, Soundshifter, Non-Linear Summer, and some other stuff for $70 ($1 dollar sale + using the 50% off on bundle up to $50 voucher from the quiz you mentioned + everyplugin discount). Already making good use of these (Maserati has completely changed my opinion of heavy compression) but the manipulative sales tactics (you took this quiz for $50, but it's only up to 50% off on bundles or up to 25% on a plugin... and oh you get a second plugin for $1 but you only have a few days to decide) are giving me misgivings... at least I don't know of anyone else offering the live Vocal Rider / Bass Rider capability.

seems like sale extended for another 24h

Ou_Tis wrote:
AdvancedFollower wrote:

I passed on the H-series flash sale but ended up getting H-reverb, H-delay, H-EQ, as well as Vocal Rider, Bass Rider, Maserati VX1, Soundshifter, Non-Linear Summer, and some other stuff for $70 ($1 dollar sale + using the 50% off on bundle up to $50 voucher from the quiz you mentioned + everyplugin discount). Already making good use of these (Maserati has completely changed my opinion of heavy compression) but the manipulative sales tactics (you took this quiz for $50, but it's only up to 50% off on bundles or up to 25% on a plugin... and oh you get a second plugin for $1 but you only have a few days to decide) are giving me misgivings... at least I don't know of anyone else offering the live Vocal Rider / Bass Rider capability.
Another concern of mine are upgrade prices. Like, technically I own a bunch of $200+ plugins now, so it's not unreasonable to expect upgrade prices to be proportional to that when v11 drops. But by then I've had enough time to familiarize myself with the plug-ins and might only upgrade the ones I actually still use at that point in time.

I honestly upset because I reserved a hard limit of $30 to buy some plugins off PluginBoutique this weekend then this Waves sale pops up after I had already talked myself out of needing H-Reverb lol. Then I noticed they have a bundle called Musicians which is only $29 that comes with 5 plugs including the Vox compressor and Doubler essentially enabling me to get 6 world class vocal plugins for $30 when I was actually focued on getting more VSTi's. These dam first world struggles smh.

Anyways I just made an account finally and does anybody have or use this StudioRack they offer as a free d.l?

If you use the Soundgrid quiz voucher it's 50% on bundles (up to $50) so that would be $14.50, with probably an additional discount if you do it through everyplugin.com.

Ou_Tis wrote:If you use the Soundgrid quiz voucher it's 50% on bundles (up to $50) so that would be $14.50, with probably an additional discount if you do it through everyplugin.com.
Thanks for the tip! I've managed to stay away from Waves plugins thus far only because I've heard many of them are CPU hogs especially the Abbey Road collection and I'm notoriously inneficient with my plugin use I tend to not use sends and insert a million plugs on one track.

But with a coupon voucher I'm thinking of getting the H-Bundle since they're by far the most intriguing lineup from Waves to me. I love the digital/analog fusion approach.

The newer Waves plugins with fancy interfaces are somewhat CPU heavy, but the older silver-looking and Renaissance stuff is very lightweight.

I demoed the PIE compressor and while it does have a nice buss pumping vibe, there's a preset on H-comp that gets "close enough" and allows more tweaking.

Went with H-reverb and CLA-76; I couldn't quite match the CLA-76 sound with DC8C (although 100% feedback and short release gets into the ballpark).

Does anyone know what algorithm they use for Soundshifter? Thinking that might be pretty useful..I use Cubase's built-in pitch shift pretty regularly. Perhaps I could replace it..

Return to “Effects”