Audiority Echoes T7E mkII updated to v2.2.2 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echoes T7E mkII

Dullee wrote:amazing upgrades, justified price increase.

I hope Echorec PE (Black 603 model) you planned to add initially, will make it into 1.2 in 2019 at some point.

Tube Modulator update next? 8)
Yes, I would really love to model the PE 603 in the future. About Tube Mod update, it's on schedule but I'm currently focusing on a new product ;)

We also started a survey with a little reward inside. If you all, guys, spare a couple of minutes, it'll be greatly appreciated: https://goo.gl/forms/tzDZv11Mfig2xWul2

Thanks,
Luca

Audiority wrote:
Dullee wrote:amazing upgrades, justified price increase.

I hope Echorec PE (Black 603 model) you planned to add initially, will make it into 1.2 in 2019 at some point.

Tube Modulator update next? 8)
Yes, I would really love to model the PE 603 in the future. About Tube Mod update, it's on schedule but I'm currently focusing on a new product ;)

We also started a survey with a little reward inside. If you all, guys, spare a couple of minutes, it'll be greatly appreciated: https://goo.gl/forms/tzDZv11Mfig2xWul2

Thanks,
Luca
I replied. There were a couple of little unclear questions, e. g. "the value you use for plugin" - value in what period, or in one purchase, and if the later, its hard to say in these days what is "normal" , because of massive sales - you can pay one day $ 5 and the other day $ 200, both of the purchases in very high quality plugins (e. g. the other day the whole H-series Waves, average $ 5 per plugin.).
BTW, I updated my T7E, I think some fixes are not very obvious, e. g. the manual disc break function doesn't sound very good. Of course, in generally a great plugin.

Harry_HH wrote: e. g. the manual disc break function doesn't sound very good.
Hey Harry, please can you give me more details about that? It should sound the same way as before, but now you can automate that.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: e. g. the manual disc break function doesn't sound very good.
Hey Harry, please can you give me more details about that? It should sound the same way as before, but now you can automate that.

Cheers,
Luca
Hi, I missunderstood, I though that during the launch discussion last year, it wast stated by the users, that slow down and especially increase the speed again, didn't sound very natural, in addition to the automation.
And therefore I though, the ver. 1.1 increased included performance fixes, too.

But if the manual break sound good for the majority, I rest my case.

(BTW, one of my reference point soundwise, is the famous free plugin Tapestop. I know, tape is an other thing than mechanical Echo disc, but the way how tape slow down and speed increase is implemented, is genial, I haven't heard nearly as good in some expensive plugins.)

I take it the survey coupon cannot be used on the discounted re-intro price?

Unfortunately we don't allow stacking discounts.

ontol wrote:I take it the survey coupon cannot be used on the discounted re-intro price?
20% coupon from May is still valid, you can probably guess it :wink:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Audiority wrote:Unfortunately we don't allow stacking discounts.
fair enough, prices are good anyhow, thank you. :tu:

You welcome ;) I'm happy about Echoes and I hope in the future to also improve the GUI quality. 3D modeling and shading it's sometimes harder than coding, but very exciting indeed!

Cheers,
Luca

Just spent some time demoing the new Overload take on this Echoson. Both it and T7E have a similar sound, not enough of a difference or features in terms of as close to a 1:1 comparison, to justify spening $95US (intro price) on Echoson. However Echoson has a compelling stereo mode that I really like and can use. But not a $95US-need unfortunately considering I have T7E. I haven't delved into the intricacies of Echoson in terms of tone and noise shaping so this is just based on a quick comparison of the two. All things considered T7E is a better value. I will update this post as I work more with them. :phones:

ps. Distributors have Echoson for around $75US.
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've seen the news. Can't wait to read some comparisons. Their GUI looks great, tbh. I love those lights and the metal shaders. Makes me want to improve my 3D skills much more.

For me the GUIs are close enough in terms of usability that I dont feel one is significantly better than the other. I've spend more time comparing them. This time more carefully. I could do a video I guess, but it's a lot of work to set up etc. and since youtube has stop monitizing small channels, the incentive is just not there for me. thanks youtube, capitalist scum.

Back to what matters: echos. Here's my feeling so far: they both capture the same sort of sound. I have never used a Binson but I have used many different real tape echos over the years. It's a sound I am well acquainted with and using in production. I can't say one sounds better than the other. They both sound authentic in terms of vintage tape echo sound. The T7E is more clear and delicate. The Echoson has a fuller noisier sound. I could see how the Echoson would be nice in a sparce mix and the T7E would be a better choice in a fuller mix, or where you don't want all that noise build-up the Echoson creates. Messing with their EQ etc didn't change this aspect so it's baked into the code.

This makes them different. $75US different? On the fence with Echoson. Even if you didn't have either, it would be a tough choice. I suppose the stereo mode of Echoson beats out T7E. but with the $75US intro for Echoson it's still almost 2x the price of T7E. They are different enough that having both might be justified. They both capture that dirty magenetic sound authentically. Even the noise they create is in the same vien: different but similar. It might be that Echoson has a over-all flatter bottom end? Never hearing a Binson I don't know which is more accurate. Does it matter?

Another thing I notice is that with the T7E the attacks on the repeats dull as the repeats die out more-so than with the Echoson. Transient dulling is a characteristic of magenetic media echos, generally. So maybe T7E is more authentic in that regard. Either way, its another interesting difference.

Have a budget for both? :phones:

Great comparison! I don't own either plugin, but I've demoed Echoes and it's been at the top of my "Delays to buy next" list. I was curious with how Echoson would compare and it sounds like they're both great, but I think I'll keep Echoes at the top of my list (not least because Luca is so amazing at providing ongoing support for his plugins).

singularity14 wrote:Great comparison! I don't own either plugin, but I've demoed Echoes and it's been at the top of my "Delays to buy next" list. I was curious with how Echoson would compare and it sounds like they're both great, but I think I'll keep Echoes at the top of my list (not least because Luca is so amazing at providing ongoing support for his plugins).
Agreed. He offers some great products for reasonable prices and his friendly support here on KVR is excellent. :)

My other favorite Audiority plug is the Tube Modulator, which was a generous, almost give-away upgrade price from Tremolan last year. It complements Echoes T7E quite nicely as a pair of vintage vibe plugins. :tu:

Audiority wrote:Echoes T7E updated to v1.1
IMPORTANT: That's an important update, with new paths for both the plugin and its related files. Please, backup your custom Echoes presets before upgrading, otherwise you'll lost them.
Cheers,
Luca
Just want to clarify one thing Luca.
Will saved sessions using the older version of Echoes open up ok with saved settings?
I assume that is a different issue to backing up "custom Echoes presets"??

cheers

Return to “Effects”