Michael Borealiz -Please Stay - Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
this is a demo Im working on...
No mixing of such as yet.
Vocalist will be added later.
All comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-busuttil ... tay-c-2018

It works...very 1980s 'guitar' tone you've got there.

Without the vocals and any mixing it's hard to comment much further.

The only thing I will say, was there wasn't that much of a 'lift' during the choruses...maybe the vocals will add that?

A solo section would obviously fit well somewhere?

ChamMusic wrote:It works...very 1980s 'guitar' tone you've got there.

Without the vocals and any mixing it's hard to comment much further.

The only thing I will say, was there wasn't that much of a 'lift' during the choruses...maybe the vocals will add that?

A solo section would obviously fit well somewhere?
Hi thanks for the feedback..
Yes it does have a 80s feel, which is intended.
As for the chorus, yes you are correct, its intended space for my vocalist.
Lol for the solo,I personally dont think it needs it but its worth a thought.

Big thanks again for taking your time.

Anymore comments or suggestions welcome

for me it was pretty dull, musically and sonic-ally. lacked punch and sizzle.
guitar tone was good, though :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:for me it was pretty dull, musically and sonic-ally. lacked punch and sizzle.
guitar tone was good, though :borg:
Thanks for your honesty.

Taking in the feedback so far concerning that the chorus sections need lifting or sound dull, I would be grateful for any suggestions for improvement, ie maybe keys played over the chorus or strings perhaps or maybe a slight re arrangement of notes?

My biggest issue is the programmed sound. At times it sounds just too much like General MIDI from way back. The verbatim repetition of phrases in particular sticks out. To me, this is what makes it sound dull, as it sucks the life out of the track and removes that human feel that rock really needs to work.

Not my kind of 80s rock, but it does sound about right otherwise.

sjm wrote:My biggest issue is the programmed sound. At times it sounds just too much like General MIDI from way back. The verbatim repetition of phrases in particular sticks out. To me, this is what makes it sound dull, as it sucks the life out of the track and removes that human feel that rock really needs to work.

Not my kind of 80s rock, but it does sound about right otherwise.
Thank you. Absolutely spot on. Great respect for your reply. It's something I will be working on.

Hey Michael,

The drums do sound great sonically, I'd be tempted to stick in some floor Tom hits or low tom rolls at the end of the occasional bar to beef it up a bit, like what you hear on Times like These by Foo Fighters for an example.

The bass is fine too like you said today but I'd think about locking it in to the bass drum more by matching the hits so they don't syncopate so much.

Also the main guitar riff sounds flat to me - as in opposite of sharp. Maybe you can fine adjust the sample up and see if that sounds better? Or try another sample? Last thing I'd suggest is upping the tempo by 3-5bpm. Feel free to ignore all that obviously!

Cheers, Steve ;)
mmm nice trak

Return to “Music Cafe”