Piano is still the best and easiest instrument to master and play!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/PJWueo9sOjk

Agree or Disagree... this is why I love piano the best! :lol:

LOL da Vuvuzela... straight outa my country! ! Just gotta love those monotone angry beeeeeezzz

Nope...

i would say piano and guitar are two best instruments to learn to play. not only they're fun, but they teach you music theory from two different perspectives (absolute vs. relative pitch). polyphonic harmony is by far better explained and demonstrated on the piano, while it is quite difficult to follow on guitar (and god forbid you try learning polyphony on a monophonic instrument like a flute...).

on the other hand, transposition on the guitar is pretty much effortless, and guitar demonstrates the fact that the "notes" are really an arbitrary concept very well, while it takes far more effort to do that on a piano (and again, try doing that on a fixed-tuning instrument...).
Last edited by Burillo on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

:lol: is a cowbell an instrument or mind control tool :o a tool of mass manipulation! :scared:

Burillo wrote:i would say piano and guitar are two best instruments to learn to play. not only they're fun, but they teach you music theory from two different perspectives (absolute vs. relative pitch). polyphonic harmony is by far better explained and demonstrated on the piano, while it is quite difficult to follow on guitar (and god forbid you try learning polyphony on a monophonic instrument like a flute...).

on the other hand, transposition on the guitar is pretty much effortless, and guitar demonstrates the fact that the "notes" are really an arbitrary concept very well, while it takes far more effort to do that on a piano (and again, try doing that on a fixed-tuning instrument...).
Jip I love polyphony!! Thats I why I can't understand the obsession with monophonic keyed instruments of the 60s and 70s when in the 1600, 1700 and 1800, polyphonic keys were quite the rage! :lol:

Burillo wrote:i would say piano and guitar are two best instruments to learn to play.
piano to learn music with guitar to get the laydeez!!!

Piano is weird. All the keys are the same size so how the f**k do you know what's going on? I would only get a keyboard if they made something like this...
donkeys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The trombone is the easiest. Withing 5 minutes you should be able to play a tune, usually The Stripper :party:

least on a guitar you can put your fag behind the strings for solos!!!

also providing a minimalist light show 8)

AnX wrote:The trombone is the easiest. Withing 5 minutes you should be able to play a tune, usually The Stripper :party:

cant find it now, but a few years back in wigan, police where on the look out for two youths on a pushbike, one of whom was playing the trombone :lol:

Obviously ORGAN is vastly easier than Piano! Just hold a note or chord and fiddle the Leslie switch a little. With Piano, you have work that thing - constantly hammering the keys, maybe even rhythmically!

In the far distant future people will say the synth is the easiest instrument to learn - just press one key and whole bands and orchestras will play long, involved sequences. Then you take a break and rest that finger - you don't want to get callus (a callus is thickened area of skin the ancients used to get by repeatedly attempting to improve their playing, science has no idea why!?).

Now I need a break from answering silly forum questions - lest I get a callus on my brain!!!

vurt wrote:... providing a minimalist light show 8)
HAHA, love it! And under certainly circumstances, providing quite a decent light show! :o

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”