Piano is still the best and easiest instrument to master and play!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote:Piano is weird. All the keys are the same size so how the f**k do you know what's going on?
I hear that
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I share the opinions of Burillo and SciFiArtMan as far as learning to play is concerned.

Of course no instrument is really 'easy to master'. That's why we have something called 'virtuosity' ;)

piano is so easy i didn't even try to learn to play it, i just... play it.

Played a bit of piano in my younger days. Should keep it up as it is my favorite instrument.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

i get physically ill from the sound of an upright piano
years of "all things bright and beautiful" as a child :cry:

Burillo wrote:transposition on the guitar is pretty much effortless, and guitar demonstrates the fact that the "notes" are really an arbitrary concept very well, while it takes far more effort to do that on a piano (and again, try doing that on a fixed-tuning instrument...).
Guitar frustrates the hell out of me, mostly because of standard tuning. It's the worst of both worlds compared to other stringed instruments -- different interval between the highest two strings than the rest, but it's not an open chord either. Also it's just too many strings :lol:

I've been learning the mandolin recently and it's super easy to deal with.

My spouse has a new guitar and I'll probably take her old beat-up one and tune it to DADDAD or something.

The piano/keyboard in general seems rather intuitive in that one can immediately see it is just a repetition of the 12 octave keys.
The guitar fretboard seems much less intuitive to me, confusing even.

By the way, wrong sub-forum in my view.

Hink wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Piano is weird. All the keys are the same size so how the f**k do you know what's going on?
I hear that
I'm assuming those weren't serious comments but piano has a major constraint that requrires it's design: human beings need to be able to play it with the fingers on their hands. So, no tiny, tiny high notes and wide, wide low notes. It's got a pretty wide octave range.

Might make sense for a two or 3 octave Keytar though!

Playing the Piano is easy. Playing the Piano well is considerably harder....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Playing the Piano is easy. Playing the Piano well is considerably harder....... :shrug:
That applies to all instruments. Wanna hear me play the drums or the trumpet? :hihi:

only if it's both at the same time!

No problem, it won't make much of a difference :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Playing the Piano is easy. Playing the Piano well is considerably harder....... :shrug:
That applies to all instruments.

I don't know. Try making a clear note on a Violin the first time you pick one up. On the Piano at least you can make a clear note with little effort. :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wanna hear me play the drums or the trumpet? :hihi:
Ummm no....... :phones:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Then again, the violin is fretless, so you can slide to the right note and call it portamento :hihi:
On the keyboard you hit the wrong key and that's it 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote: On the keyboard you hit the wrong key and that's it 8)
If you quickly skip to the right key, you can just call it blues.

Play it again and it's jazz.

Return to “Instruments”