dugtunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
dug
KVRist
43 posts since 6 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 am

Same disclaimer as wags. I need it even more than him. And I even have the puncseeation right.
https://soundcloud.com/user-383703517/spacefly2

dug
KVRist

Re: dugtunes

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:43 am

wagtunes
KVRAF
14001 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:59 am

My Feedback (Spacefly2)

Music - 6
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 4

Overall - 6

Comments: Hoping to bring some life to this thread. Thanks for the shoutout. First question. Is there anything on the mix buss at all? Mix is totally lifeless. Sounds like you just fired up each track and recorded it totally dry. Musically there isn't very much to it. Going to guess you're relatively new to doing this. Best suggestion I can make is try to watch as many production videos as you can. That's how I started to improve, plus listened to a lot of the very knowledgeable folks here.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 am

My Feedback (Crd)

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 5

Overall - 6.5

Comments: Mix a little better than the first one. Not as dull. A little brighter. But needs some serious EQ or something. I detect no delay or reverb or anything to bring this to life. Musically, seems to have very little structure. Just kind of goes on and on. It is a slight improvement over Spacefly2.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:15 am

Would you mind if I took the main riff of Crd and turned it into a song? The reason I'm asking is because I find myself humming it over and over. There is definitely potential there and I'd like to see what I can do with it. Of course I won't do it without your permission, though it's very difficult to get this out of my head and may ultimately creep into something somewhere down the road.

Let me know.

dug
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:30 am

Sure you can use it. I'm working in lmms for awhile. I have reaper but just want to see what I can do with lmms. Reaper is much better and I have done a few reworks of old midi songs with it and one composition. I'm definitely on a big learning curve, but it's fun.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 am

dug wrote:Sure you can use it. I'm working in lmms for awhile. I have reaper but just want to see what I can do with lmms. Reaper is much better and I have done a few reworks of old midi songs with it and one composition. I'm definitely on a big learning curve, but it's fun.
Well, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. When the song is finished, would you like to hear it? If so, should I point you to a link or something here or in a PM? Your call.

dug
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:16 am

Just post a link here will be fine.

dug
KVRist

Post Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:23 am

deleted
Last edited by dug on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:47 am

Hey Dug. I don't really feel comfortable posting a link in your thread so if you want to hear the tune that your track Crd inspired, it's called "Remus And Romulus" and it's the last song posted (so far) in my Wagtunes Corner thread. I posted your track Crd first so folks can hear where the inspiration came from. Hopefully, it'll give you a few more listens.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 pm

My Feedback (Pn)

Music - 6
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 5

Overall - 6.25

Comments: Again, I like some of the ideas here. I also like the sounds you chose, especially the high synths. The low synths can definitely use some EQ as they're a bit on the dull side. They don't come to life, leaving the mix very flat and boxy. But, as with Crd, there's something here that I find inspiring. Oddly enough, I think musically we have something in common. I actually relate to this more than I do than a lot of the stuff posted here.

dug
KVRist

Post Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks for you're feedback, it's helpful.

dug
KVRist

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:35 am

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:01 am

My Feedback

Music - 3
Instruments - 2
Performance - 5
Mix - 2

Overall - 3

Comments: First off, I can barely hear it. Secondly, I can hardly make out anything. I hear a little high end like organ thing and some bell like thing and that's it. I think it's best I say nothing else. Maybe if you let us know what you're trying to do here, accomplish, or whatever, it would help us better help you. Some people, as I was told, don't want to post songs. They just want to post their sound design ideas and don't even care about getting feedback other than from other sound designers. So maybe if you filled us in on your overall goal, that'll help.

dug
KVRist

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:15 am

Is there some kind of standard volume? I was just trying to do something off those chords but I can definitely hear it?

Return to “Music Cafe”