Multi-Effects pedal boards what's your rig?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

leadImage_g1xon2.jpg
I'm still running my zoom G1Xon , which I hate the onboard UI and lack of a software editor. Such a disdain for it that mostly I just run my guitar into my Yamaha THR10C and leave it at that.

At this rate it may be January before I can afford a Helix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I already answered in the Helix thread, but yeah, I’m using the Helix Floorboard. I just loaded in the new Van H impulses and presets from 3 Sigma Audio and I’m loving them!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I just bought a pristine Line 6 HD400 off of eBay that sounds really good (to my ears). I also have a Boss ME-70 that I purchased from someone on Craigslist - also nice, for a really different sound than the Line 6. These things are indestructible, and perfect for just plugging and playing through headphones with an MP3 backing track, I find, when I don't want to take the time to set up my main rig or the computer. I have also found Reverb, eBay and Craigslist to be good sources to buy these used at nice prices :).

I also have the G1xon, which I find very good for taking on business trips. It is small, sounds good enough, and was cheap.

my only multifx is a korg a5 from early 90s :)

I kept a Digitech RP100 since 15 years just for the boutique wah model in it.
An expression pedal like for synths and it works well still.

I have a EHX Cockfight Plus as well now, but kept it anyway.

I have a Pod HD500 and an AVID Eleven rack. I use my Pacer MIDI foot pedal to control the Eleven rack. I like the amp models in the Eleven track and the effects in the HD500.

I have some old multi-effects like a Boss ME-30, Boss SE-50, and a PodXT that I use occasionally for lo-fi tones.

I use a TC M-One and a TC-Fireworx along with my Pacer, as multi-effects for synths.

I have a Digitech RP250 I use when I'm away from home (I also have it plumbed into my pedal board when I need a Whammy effect or some wacky FX).

I also have a homemade multi-effects box built into a 1590B with a Timmy, Riot and Deep Blue Delay.

vurt wrote:my only multifx is a korg a5 from early 90s :)
Boss ME-10 here.
Thought the world of it when I bought it, now I think it really sucks.
Cannot even tell the difference between the 3 metallic reverb algo's.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:
vurt wrote:my only multifx is a korg a5 from early 90s :)
Boss ME-10 here.
Thought the world of it when I bought it, now I think it really sucks.
Cannot even tell the difference between the 3 metallic reverb algo's.
same, id let it go, if i thought anyone would want it :lol: now it's become a sentimental piece more than a tool :?

vurt wrote:id let it go, if i thought anyone would want it :lol: now it's become a sentimental piece more than a tool :?
Ditto...
Is yours also sounding awful even in bypass mode?
Cannot believe I didn't notice that 20 years ago...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

yeah even in bypass there seems to be some sort of bandpass filter, cutting away the lows and highs.
digital distortion :o
even today im not sure we've nailed distortion or fuzz in software, but compared to the a5 it's like melted butter these days

The RP100 really didn't cut it for me. That being said the RP10 totally rocked for me in the 90's
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm using an RP350 for my outboard amp sim & it's Lexicon verbs
also using an M-Audio BlackBox for it's sequenced filter craziness

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I recently got a Zoom G3Xn, egged-on by a favourable experience some years ago with the G1x.

Was initially disappointed, apart from the surprise omission of a USB audio interface, I felt that it sounded more digital and less rounded than older models. Using it with headphones, I found it hard to like the sound of the distortion and amp models, and I didn't care much for the cab sim.

However, as soon as I tried it in front of a tube pre-amp and into a decent cab sim my opinion changed completely. With that harsh edge taken off it sounds just great.

The delays, reverbs and mod fx (phaser and wah especially) all sound good - also on synths - and there is plenty of flexibility and joyful tweaking to be had.

The thing that sold me on the G1Xon was portability. The last few years I've occasionally busked (if you can call it that) Armed with my Yamaha THR10-C, variax and the GX. It's the battery powered part that sold me on the unit.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”