Synths with Automatable Graphic Envelope Points

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all.
I’ve been using Curve2 for a while and am quite happy with it. One main reason is that any created graphical envelope points can be automated from the host. This allows for evolving textures and modulations that it seems would be more difficult or less smooth (requiring patch changes) otherwise. At least that’s my understanding; please correct me if you know otherwise. As a related note this is also why I love VolumeShaper and MIDIShaper. AudioMulch’s Metasurface is a dream to use with these plugins; the morphing parameter modulations can go through the roof in this context.

Nevertheless! I’d love to find another inspiring synth with similar envelope functionality, but I haven’t found one yet. Even Serum’s envelope points were locked to in-plugin-control last time I checked.

Anybody have any thoughts/suggestions on the matter?

Absynth: every breakpoint can be controlled with a 'Macro', which may be assigned to a CC (or velocity).

Also, there is the control-driven envelope type.

The envelope segments in Synthmaster (length, level and curvature) automate quite nicely.

jancivil wrote:Absynth: every breakpoint can be controlled with a 'Macro', which may be assigned to a CC (or velocity).

Thank you! I'll demo Absynth. I don't really have any experience with it; this should be interesting.

cthonophonic wrote:The envelope segments in Synthmaster (length, level and curvature) automate quite nicely.
Thank you! I'll also demo Synthmaster; again; zero experience using it, but now I'm intrigued.

dformd wrote:
jancivil wrote:Absynth: every breakpoint can be controlled with a 'Macro', which may be assigned to a CC (or velocity).

Thank you! I'll demo Absynth. I don't really have any experience with it; this should be interesting.
absynth is the ne plus ultra of MSEGs ...

It's a long while since I last used it, but I think MPowersynth can do that too.

FM7 has up to 32 breakpoints per EG and all are fully automatable.

(Time, Level, Slope)

I believe that Massive has this functionality as well.
https://www.likenoorange.com
Premium Sound Sets and ReFills

Return to “Instruments”