Clear Skies

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
DKDiveDude wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Mix a little on the dull side. Not sure what's causing it. The one synth is in need of some major EQ. It just sounds dead. Maybe compression will help. Don't know. Not a mix expert by any stretch of the imagination. Otherwise, well done. Lots of energy and enough variance to keep it interesting.
Thank you very much for your comment. What synth (track) are you referring to? I
It's the one in the background. Sounds like a plucked supersaw of some kind but not really sure. It's in the lower register.
Do you mean the bassline on track 1 or 2, the one that immediately begins when the song is started?
"Scuba divers work best under pressure!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DKDiveDude (Original music and hardware videos)

steve wrote:
DKDiveDude wrote:for people like you and me :)

Anyways where exactly would you like to see a longer break?
lol :)

Personally I'd cut the bass line at 3:23 keeping the current 4 bars there with the same synth pattern and drums before splicing in another 4 or 8 bars of drums of building up the percussion and additional sounds to lead you into the synthy movement which you already have there which builds very nicely as is back into the main theme. So in essence increasing that break so that you are away from the main chord progression for longer making it feel fresher when it comes back.

Someone mentioned the sound of the mix, I'd say possibly your bass drum is too close to the bass synth causing a bit of mud, so it may be worth trying cutting some of the lower frequencies off the bass drum (or some width off the bass) to make it more of a lighter kick? Could be my speakers though. Have fun :)
I apologize about bothering you again. But I really want to follow your advice. As per WagTunes , if I assumed he meant my main bassline synth, I have re-EQ's the sound, including your advice and tried to avoid kick frequencies, which I have also tweaked to avoid basslines.

Anyways I cut 4 bars off the bassline at 3:23. Now those 7 seconds are quite "bare" with just percussion for 2-4 bars along with the "pulse" on track 19.

1) When you write "same synth pattern" do you mean just the green pulse on track 19 or?
2) You then write "splicing in another 4 or 8 bars of drums of building up the percussion and additional sounds". By splicing do you mean insert before the orange Arps on track 3,15,17 and 17?

I really appreciate your time and advice, thanks!
"Scuba divers work best under pressure!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DKDiveDude (Original music and hardware videos)

DKDiveDude wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
DKDiveDude wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Mix a little on the dull side. Not sure what's causing it. The one synth is in need of some major EQ. It just sounds dead. Maybe compression will help. Don't know. Not a mix expert by any stretch of the imagination. Otherwise, well done. Lots of energy and enough variance to keep it interesting.
Thank you very much for your comment. What synth (track) are you referring to? I
It's the one in the background. Sounds like a plucked supersaw of some kind but not really sure. It's in the lower register.
Do you mean the bassline on track 1 or 2, the one that immediately begins when the song is started?
I guess. I don't know. Sounded like a synth to me.

Return to “Music Cafe”