Are there any Linux native noise reduction/hiss/hum removal VST / LASDPA / DSSI plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't find any available. Be it free or paid... Anyone knows some?

Audacity has some inbuilt-denoising filters, Reaper now has pubicly released it's experimental linux version and ReaFIR can be used for DeNoising (see video below) and last but not least you could try DaVinci Resolve 15 which now has an included Denoising plugin.

To remove static hum or resonances you can use any ordinary EQ with notch filters or very sharp peaking filters. Reaper has a spectrum waveform view, which will be very useful for identifying the base frequency. Ground hum is usually 50Hz or 60Hz depending on what country you live in. This also may generate upper harmonics, which are simply multiples of the base frequency. So if your hum starts at 50Hz the even harmonics (2nd, 4th, 6th order ...) will be located at 100Hz, 200Hz, 300Hz (...) and the odd harmonics aka 3rd, 5th, 7th order (...) will be at 150Hz, 250Hz, 350Hz (...).

Be it as it may, you will get better results in less time with the tools available for windows and mac (iZotope, Accusonus, Acon Digital, Waves etc.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31phzT7pxkk

Been using Audacity for noise reduction, but I need realtime plugin. Seems like there's no option for Linux, but I'm not going to change my belowed platform because of that :). Things will get better I guess, seeing now what's possible in Linux, it was science fiction just few years ago. Thanks for the static resonance and hum tip, also..

ReaFir is realtime, although with a fair bit of latency. But I don't know if it only works in Reaper or can be loaded into another host.
Resolves DeNoiser should be realtime, too, but it's most definitely tied to the application.

You could try to run any of the mentioned windows plugins through wine and some vst bridging. RX Elements could be worth a try, as past versions seemed to work very well in wine https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=34745. But the easiest way would probably be to set up a Windows VM in virtualbox.

Getting creative stuff done in Linux has come a long way and I've been following the news since Ubuntu 6.06. I would switch in an instant, but especially music creation & audio post production still have a long way to go on linux, compared to what's on offer for macOS & windows.

Just tried and Windows VST bridge to Linux host works with https://github.com/phantom-code/airwave. Zebra2 VSTi running in Renoise on Linux. Fantastic! Now I need that Noise Reduction VSTfx, gonna try suggested RX Elements... Will get back with results.

Nice! u-he has native linux versions of all their plugins by the way.

Tried loads ov VST noise reduction plugins through Airwave, the only ones that work here are Wavearts MRHum and MRNoise.

Return to “Effects”