Waves : 2 plugins for $30, ends 24.09 (extended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ou_Tis wrote:at least I don't know of anyone else offering the live Vocal Rider / Bass Rider capability.
Melda has MAutoVolume which is similar to Vocal/Bass Rider plugins. Way more flexible but also way more difficult to use, i'd say.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

keyman_sam wrote:Does anyone know what algorithm they use for Soundshifter? Thinking that might be pretty useful..I use Cubase's built-in pitch shift pretty regularly. Perhaps I could replace it..
Elastique algorithm in Cubase is much newer and better than the one in Waves Soundshifter (it's really really old plugin).

Scheps Omni Channel for $29 now and promo is extended. Just after I brought H-Reverb & J37 while I came to Waves website to check out Scheps Omni plugin... It's so unfair! :D Damn you Murphy and your law! :D

Damn. Waves are doing sales like the company would be on a verge of a bankrupcy.

Elektronisch wrote:Damn. Waves are doing sales like the company would be on a verge of a bankrupcy.

disagree, it's just type of marketing... it's easy and effective, put high price and make huge discounts to bait people...example, plugin costs $100 and no discount ever vs same plugin stock price $400 but periodic sale -75% down to $100... I'm sure people are much more likely to buy with the second option :)

edit
more to say, there are people who earn so much cash that they won't mind paying those $400, others just gonna wait for sale and buy for $100 then, it's win-win for sellers
Last edited by gort11112 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gort11112 wrote:put high price and make huge discounts to bait people...example, plugin costs $100 and no discount ever vs same plugin stock price $400 but periodic sale -75% down to $100... I'm sure people are much more likely to buy with the second option :)
And if you call in the next 15 minutes, they'll throw in a free set of knives!

well, kind of advice, not only about Waves, plugins, Black Friday/Cyber Monday... always be ready and know exactly what You want to buy before sale starts... otherwise You probably gonna be in hurry and pick up something that You probably not even gonna use in the long run thus wasting cash

sales are not only being repeated but same numbers applied aswell so don't rush, prepare yourself for next time :)

pixel85 wrote:Scheps Omni Channel for $29 now and promo is extended. Just after I brought H-Reverb & J37 while I came to Waves website to check out Scheps Omni plugin... It's so unfair! :D Damn you Murphy and your law! :D
I'm sleepy and stumped here. Can someone clarify for me:

Do you purchase a $29 dollar plugin first with the 1DOLLAR code and then get a subsequent voucher that you can get said $1 plugin with? I've tried waves and a couple of the usual suspects and I can't seem to make this work!

:help:

gort11112 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Damn. Waves are doing sales like the company would be on a verge of a bankrupcy.

disagree, it's just type of marketing... it's easy and effective, put high price and make huge discounts to bait people...example, plugin costs $100 and no discount ever vs same plugin stock price $400 but periodic sale -75% down to $100... I'm sure people are much more likely to buy with the second option :)

edit
more to say, there are people who earn so much cash that they won't mind paying those $400, others just gonna wait for sale and buy for $100 then, it's win-win for sellers
Well i dont think honestly they are on the verge of bankrupcy, its just that they are doing those ridiculous sales. But it gives me some thoughts how unstable and untrustowrthy the company is. You dont see such huge sales from U-he or Native Instruments or Fabfilter but you also do see that they do not abandon theyr plugins and they get a treatment (even NI still updates older plugins with bug fixes ect and no need for WUP or any other bullshit). And Waves are already doing these sales for 3 years at least (because that was the first time i got to theyr bait with Gold bundle :D ).

phaded wrote:
pixel85 wrote:Scheps Omni Channel for $29 now and promo is extended. Just after I brought H-Reverb & J37 while I came to Waves website to check out Scheps Omni plugin... It's so unfair! :D Damn you Murphy and your law! :D
I'm sleepy and stumped here. Can someone clarify for me:

Do you purchase a $29 dollar plugin first with the 1DOLLAR code and then get a subsequent voucher that you can get said $1 plugin with? I've tried waves and a couple of the usual suspects and I can't seem to make this work!

:help:
add both to your cart, apply the voucher, pay

(oh, and going by audiodeluxe it would seem that it only works for two items, not other multiples of two.)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Ou_Tis wrote:
AdvancedFollower wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:
imrae wrote:H-reverb looking very tempting! I see quite a few popular compressors there: CLA-76, PIE, PuigChild, API 2500. Do any of these bring something I don't already have with DC8C and MJUC?
They were selling the H-Series bundle a few days back for $60.
I bought the H-Series bundle for $24 last Monday, after taking some short quiz. To be honest I find these perpetual sales a bit silly. Just lower the prices permanently to something reasonable...

While saying that, seeing this deal, I couldn't resist buying some more plug-ins, namely API 2500 and CLA 76. However I promised myself this will be the last one. Can't really see anything else that would add anything for me, and I need to spend time to familiarize myself with the plugins I've already got anyway.
I passed on the H-series flash sale but ended up getting H-reverb, H-delay, H-EQ, as well as Vocal Rider, Bass Rider, Maserati VX1, Soundshifter, Non-Linear Summer, and some other stuff for $70 ($1 dollar sale + using the 50% off on bundle up to $50 voucher from the quiz you mentioned + everyplugin discount). Already making good use of these (Maserati has completely changed my opinion of heavy compression) but the manipulative sales tactics (you took this quiz for $50, but it's only up to 50% off on bundles or up to 25% on a plugin... and oh you get a second plugin for $1 but you only have a few days to decide) are giving me misgivings... at least I don't know of anyone else offering the live Vocal Rider / Bass Rider capability.
Another concern of mine are upgrade prices. Like, technically I own a bunch of $200+ plugins now, so it's not unreasonable to expect upgrade prices to be proportional to that when v11 drops. But by then I've had enough time to familiarize myself with the plug-ins and might only upgrade the ones I actually still use at that point in time.
I’m fairly sure that upgrade prices are around 10% of a plugin’s full price, but there shouldn’t be any need to pay that for quite a while as V11 shouldn’t be another 5 years at least.

Even then, all your plugins will be capped at a certain upgrade price, $225 currently I believe. As long as you remember to check the box at the top declaring you will only be using your plugins on one machine.

Well I missed out on that H bundle, but I'd like to get H-Delay, and metafilter. When is their next sale coming? Or is there a current sale we can take advantage of?

Edit: And now I want the scheps omni channel, DAMN YOU :x

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 pm Damn. Waves are doing sales like the company would be on a verge of a bankrupcy.
I'm pretty sure they are doing well, but may be putting other companies out into bankruptcy.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”