One Synth Challenge #116: Triple Cheese (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #116! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here once voting starts:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 116-triple

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

"No traditional oscillators or wavetables, no fm or phase distortion and no analogue modelled filters here. A touch unusual and a little cheesy, Triple Cheese is quite capable of some surprising sounds."

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

U-he special prize: 1 Plugin of your choice. (Thank you u-he!)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Ah, Triple Cheese! :love:
Will try to do something with it :band2:

^ exactly this! Always interested in experimenting with uhe synths.

Why is it you can turn them all 'off' and yet you hear stuff. Sigh, manual.

I love u-he synths, but this seems buggy for me so I'll have to sit this one out again :( I've gotten the plugin a few times now to a state where it stops making sound except a tiny rumble, no matter which parameters I adjust. Even restarting the DAW doesn't help, so it must be in some corrupted internal state or something. My DAW is Bitwig 2.4 on Windows.

2 extra cheesy banks if anyone wants more TC presets:

Camembert Electrique

The Cheese Shop

I love Triplecheese, might even enter this one for a change.

Can we use non-free fx ?

I love cheese. 8)

With u-he triple cheese, the cheese melts YOU! :o

I've been using comb filters a lot lately... but not like this... such... comb... filtering...
ilmai wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:07 am "I've gotten the plugin a few times now to a state where it stops making sound except a tiny rumble"
You can try the bugfixed betas if you like
https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... iplecheese

I get silence if I turn the volumes down, but I prefer hearing the synth.
hivkorn wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 am "Can we use non-free fx ?"
This is a freeware competition, although sometimes it's not, but mostly it is. Yes, I'm glad to help clear things up.

I like using free software because it gives me hope for humanity :borg: that we all have opportunity to make something inspiring of ourselves. :love:
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 am You can try the bugfixed betas if you like
https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... iplecheese
Thanks, I'll try that :)

So … only the cheesiest tracks allowed to enter then??????????? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

dB

Go for it Rob 8) Cheesiest track wins, anyway. Unfortunately, I've used up all my cheese for FM challenge :smack: :lol:

Sometimes it's impossible not to be a fan of U-He. This thing is a jaw-drop for me. Yes, it happens that it cuts out, but PANIC immediately resets everything just fine. And, yes, it's unconventional as it isn't fool-proof and you have to understand how it goes through the 3 stages. But once you do... I mean, I'm playing around with this for an hour now and the sound is ridiculously awesome. Made simple drumkit, a kind of bowed double bass stab and I'm in some sort of heaven. :phones:

Pitch bend range only sets the pitch up range, the down range is always 2 semitones :( .
Is that a bug? Or a feature?

I'm not sure using a Beta would be allowed. I wonder why he hasn't release it yet if there are fixes. Last release was 2015 afaik.

functionform wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm I'm not sure using a Beta would be allowed. I wonder why he hasn't release it yet if there are fixes. Last release was 2015 afaik.
Oh - really? Yikes! First thing I looked for was a version where the On/Off buttons worked and found the beta. I assmed as it's on KVR and open to all (and often syths get updated throughout the month) that it was fine to use and within the rules. I was going to post the link to the beta in this thread when I finish work today.
If I need to start using the non-beta - I would like to know asap!

Return to “Instruments”