One Synth Challenge #116: Triple Cheese (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 pm Sometimes it's impossible not to be a fan of U-He. This thing is a jaw-drop for me. Yes, it happens that it cuts out, but PANIC immediately resets everything just fine. And, yes, it's unconventional as it isn't fool-proof and you have to understand how it goes through the 3 stages. But once you do... I mean, I'm playing around with this for an hour now and the sound is ridiculously awesome. Made simple drumkit, a kind of bowed double bass stab and I'm in some sort of heaven. :phones:
Careful my friend, you may find your 'little visit' turns into an extended stay.
Which of course, would make me and many others very happy of course :hug:

zarf wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:42 pm
functionform wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm I'm not sure using a Beta would be allowed. I wonder why he hasn't release it yet if there are fixes. Last release was 2015 afaik.
Oh - really? Yikes! First thing I looked for was a version where the On/Off buttons worked and found the beta. I assmed as it's on KVR and open to all (and often syths get updated throughout the month) that it was fine to use and within the rules. I was going to post the link to the beta in this thread when I finish work today.
If I need to start using the non-beta - I would like to know asap!
Which Beta version has the working On/Off buttons? Did reinstalling mess up any presets/project you may have made?...that is if it can be used at all.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:37 pm
zarf wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:42 pm
functionform wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm I'm not sure using a Beta would be allowed. I wonder why he hasn't release it yet if there are fixes. Last release was 2015 afaik.
Oh - really? Yikes! First thing I looked for was a version where the On/Off buttons worked and found the beta. I assmed as it's on KVR and open to all (and often syths get updated throughout the month) that it was fine to use and within the rules. I was going to post the link to the beta in this thread when I finish work today.
If I need to start using the non-beta - I would like to know asap!
Which Beta version has the working On/Off buttons? Did reinstalling mess up any presets/project you may have made?...that is if it can be used at all.
Hi
I found this KVR page with a link
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=457394&p=6484425&h ... e#p6484425

It was very well behaved when I reinstalled - my presets were still there and project OK. But I only had a few instances at that point and all my presets were in a custom folder that I had made.

I find it a huge improvement to be able to work in just one generator at first to get my head around it, without the other two sounding or changing the sound.

I'll be pretty resistant to the idea that this is not allowed (though I'm a good OSCitizen, I will bow to the will of authority if it turns out I'm being bad)

I'll check the beta, but as long as a proper link will be provided quickly enough, I don't think it will be trouble to use it?! :shrug:
However, I'm currently playing with the official release and it is hands down one of the best free synth I've ever played with. The quality of the sounds one can create, the depth and organic power they have, it's highly unique. Makes one wish for some tiny tweaks to get it over the top, but as it is.... dang... what a GEM! :hug:

Thanks for the peace of mind, Zarf. I'll back up my presets before taking the plunge after an official answer on usage. Are there any other differences other than the On/Off thing? I've actually gotten used to that.

Yeah, Taron. I messed with this thing a while back and couldn't relate to it. Now, after some OSC's, I can actually make it do something. Liking it!

Way early, but it's been a while and I've got a WIP that I may be able to FINISH! YAYA!

Deleted WIP
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

You know, I had the feeling that I was goofing around with it in the past, too, only briefly. But the OSC somehow has groomed our readiness to explore and provides reason to approach synths with more care. This time it really, really pays off. I'm telling you, this one is going to make one of our best collections of songs, I believe. Alone strings are unreal with it, but even drums get a certain "umpf" that is pure pleasure. CPU usage seems very friendly, too, but thus far I only have 6 instances. But they sound so full...I mean... I'm melting! :drunk: :hyper:

Ahahaha, TNS, you posted while I was writing! You've made the perfect point there! GREAT! :tu:

Taron wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 pmThis thing is a jaw-drop for me.
Exactly. The sound quality is really astounding. Blew me away last night.

doctorbob wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am So … only the cheesiest tracks allowed to enter then??????????? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

dB
I hope not, it can do so much more than that.

TheNeverScene wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:42 pm Thanks for the peace of mind, Zarf. I'll back up my presets before taking the plunge after an official answer on usage. Are there any other differences other than the On/Off thing? I've actually gotten used to that.
I've not noticed anything else.

I agree with you all - this thing sounds amazing. Very full :)

Yep, should be a great month!

At the end of the official OSC download link in the u-he's web there is a phrase that say:
"Try the latest builds of Triple Cheese, which include improvements and bug fixes. Note: these are stable, but still beta versions"
...and there is a link in there (click over " latest builds of Triple Cheese"). If you click this link opens two beta versions for Mac and Windows (3304 and 4598, last modified 2018-04-25).
So it would be right to think that is kind of part of the same downloads links appointed by Brian and Richard?. What do you think? At least are in the same u-he's web page. :wink:

Good enough for me L-Ectrobit. Sounds pretty official. I'm happily on 4598 and very much intending to stay there :evil:
Last edited by zarf on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beta is fine! I added a link for it.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pmI hope not, it can do so much more than that.
assuming you're the same bloke who made some of the presets i thumbed through last night - some really nice and out-there sounds in there, nice work.

Return to “Instruments”