Novation SL MKIII Keyboard Controller Series Is Coming Soon! (Control VST's / 8-Track Sequencer...)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Novation's upcoming SL MKII keyboard controller series has been leaked in the newest Sweetwater catalogue. It's a MIDI controller for controlling plugins, MIDI and analog gear with CV/Gate and it includes a 8-track sequencer!

More info here:

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/10/nov ... -leak.html
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

That's great. :)

Regarding such leaks though: It's pretty obvious to me that Novation spread this themselves. Sweetwater surely wouldn't show it, if they wanted to preserve good business relationships with the vendors. "Leaks" IMO always imply exclusivity, which isn't real actually. Quite dirty marketing, but, looks like there's a big market for stuff like that these days.

Not sure if i like the colours on the pads, BTW. Reminds me of the Launchkey keyboards, and i really don't know why keyboards have to be lit up like a christmas tree these days. I'd really appreciate a more simple colour set. Like on my former M-Audio Axiom keyboard. It was held nicely in blue colours. Really looked great.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:10 pm That's great. :)

Regarding such leaks though: It's pretty obvious to me that Novation spread this themselves. Sweetwater surely wouldn't show it, if they wanted to preserve good business relationships with the vendors. "Leaks" IMO always imply exclusivity, which isn't real actually. Quite dirty marketing, but, looks like there's a big market for stuff like that these days.

Not sure if i like the colours on the pads, BTW. Reminds me of the Launchkey keyboards, and i really don't know why keyboards have to be lit up like a christmas tree these days. I'd really appreciate a more simple colour set. Like on my former M-Audio Axiom keyboard. It was held nicely in blue colours. Really looked great.
The thing is shops like Sweetwater or Musicstore.de print their big catalogues of the news for the Q4 2018 and so they must put them inside even there are not yet released. The Moog One is also inside and not yet official announced. So could be marketing thing but not sure ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I was wondering when they'd update their flagship. I have the 61MkII, and I was lucky enough to be able to clean the keypad (actually, my wife) rather than scrap it for one non-sounding note.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

MillerSam wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:21 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:10 pm That's great. :)

The thing is shops like Sweetwater or Musicstore.de print their big catalogues of the news for the Q4 2018 and so they must put them inside even there are not yet released. The Moog One is also inside and not yet official announced. So could be marketing thing but not sure ;)
Good point. :)

so they removed 8 useful encoders and added 8 useless pads?...and made it look like a toy?...AND replaced the awesome joystick with boring ass wheels??? AAAND got rid of the xy touchpad????? good god what a mess. ok...the touchpad is pretty crappy....but still... it has it. and where is the screen? how do i know what parameter im changing? does it not support automap anymore? ffs.

no thanks. my mkii is just fine. but hey....maybe when these come out all the mkiis will go down in price and i can upgrade to a 49.
ImageImageImage

I can't tell from the picture but if they have 16 controls now instead of 24 then I don't care. I'm so sick of these controllers that have 6 or 16 controls. The SL is soooo useful because it has 24 controls (plus buttons) so less page switching when controlling plugins. Also good for daw control not having to switch so much. Maybe eventually all controllers will have just 8 knobs, where you have the privilege of using knobs for control of buttons even (thanks NI).

I still use my SL MKi -- did have to replace the joystick recently. I've held off purchasing NI Kontrol S61, Keylab mkii, etc. as I heard rumors of this a few weeks ago. Looking forward to more details...just hope there's still room on it for my Launchkey Mini.

All I wanted was an SL mk2 with a simple screen on both sides. Like the mk1. They could surely do that now. Look at the maschine screens.

Those look to be 5 small screens. They look to be "off" in the other pic.

chaosWyrM wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:41 pm so they removed 8 useful encoders and added 8 useless pads?...and made it look like a toy?...AND replaced the awesome joystick with boring ass wheels??? AAAND got rid of the xy touchpad????? good god what a mess. ok...the touchpad is pretty crappy....but still... it has it. and where is the screen? how do i know what parameter im changing? does it not support automap anymore? ffs.

no thanks. my mkii is just fine. but hey....maybe when these come out all the mkiis will go down in price and i can upgrade to a 49.
kinda agree, I'll stick with the Mk2

No knobs???

torhan wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:34 pm Image
Those look to be 5 small screens. They look to be "off" in the other pic.
you could be right... but then... why? that's some really odd screenage there if that's the case.

surely one large screen would be more useful and less expensive...no?
ImageImageImage

pc999 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 pmNo knobs???

on top... but only 8.
ImageImageImage

Looks like there are two knobs per screen and then I guess an extra one for the right side. But no screen dedicated to the sliders. I can’t believe they haven’t gone back to having a screen over each side like the mk1. What is wrong with this company.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”