Psytrance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, that's really something! Distorted Horizon does U-Recken :phones:

I mean I already knew that you are good at making psy but that's a next level. These voices and flutes and the vocal synths, really cool! The track as a whole sounds very organic :tu:

Some parts (e.g the triplet part and the latest one) may benefit from some more automation and kick breaks/fills, they sounds a bit too static but that's a minor thing.

What does it say, is it something in Finnish?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:56 am What does it say, is it something in Finnish?

To be honest... I have no idea :D Just a vox that I grabbed from a singomakers mantra pack.

Not my usual listening choice this style but I enjoyed it. The production sounds crisp and clear and nice use of the vox samples. Nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Nice work. Enjoyed that.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Fits in nice with all the Trance I've been listening to. I should probably come to you for tips. Well done. Sounds just like real music.

I really like it. The only thing I would have done is make the mini-drop at 1.45 hit harder. Psytrance has often more than one "drop" and that spot at 1.45 would've give you the chance to really grab the listener in the beginning. Making that drop bigger there would've also allowed a DJ to use it as an intro track to his set. The one thing I noticed when playing is that the people want a quick bang at the beginning to set the mood. If you start with a track with very little kick, then you need a big buildup and release pretty quick to get them on your side. Now if you start the set with a massive hard kick, then you achieved that "release" right away.

Thanks everyone!

JoaquinAce thanks for pointing that out.. Guess I should give some focus on the DJ side of things :P

Just as a notice, the entire song was made with Reason (Europa, Subtractor, Malstrom), and only thing coming outside of it was that electric guitar I played at the last section.

I always try to keep the DJ's in mind in my productions, mixable in the beginning and end, mixable at certain points etc. They are a valuable source of publicity for your track and in my case, sales. So a small change like that in your track can take it from a 9 to a 9.98 BANGER :). I really like your style. I wouldn't mind putting our heads together to see if we can make a psy-influenced hard trance track. So not hard psytrance, but psy-hardtrance.

Just messing around

Great stuff, loving the bouncy bit with the gated vocals. Sounds like the Theme of the Mushroom King or something.

this was psy on steroids :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Dope, but I hear some sever EQ problems - especially just at the beginning. Way too much mud in low mids. Also, lead at 6:30 is too resonant.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Might have something to with that I didn't EQ the intro at all :P I did at first but it sounded so.... Empty somehow that I decided rather to have some messyness.

Lead is electric guitar ran through alligator (gater RE). I tried a softer tone from the amp but it became so boring that..

Amazing. Bravo.
I can't buy, I can't download. Where to?
:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”