October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did vocals and mixed them myself. The final product sounds different a little because they had all the tracks and mixed it differently when they got the vocal tracks. They also had different verb/effect ideas. I only had a heavily compressed back track to sing to. Guess it is mostly vocal production that I did rather than "mix" it.

Tbase2000 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm ... they had all the tracks and mixed it differently when they got the vocal tracks. They also had different verb/effect ideas...
Is money involved on Kompoz? Maybe it depends on how much they like your (/my) song?

Very good vocals, Tbase2000! :tu:
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Can't hear donkey tugger's track. Tried MS Edge and Firefox.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

I can hear the Donkey.
The limitation to a free membership on Kompoz is that you can only upload MP3 files and not Wav. This isn't that big of a deal really. The site is a huge community of different musicians looking to jam with other people. It takes a little while to figure everything out but there are cool forums on there...like the Free VST and Mixers Forums. Example...you put your mix up on the forum and ask people to critique it and they will because that's what cool people do.
The music scene has always been about how much you want to hustle and network yourself. If you think you have talent then listen around to some of the projects under the style of music you like and pick one to jam on. They will show you what parts they are looking for. The more you work, the more people will want you to work on their stuff. I'm old and lazy so I only spit out something every other month or so, but there are thousands of projects waiting for tracks. If you have your own song needing a lead guitar for example, you create a Project then advertise it on Help Wanted Page.

Here is my page: https://www.kompoz.com/music/artist/tbase2000

Go for it. Nothing to lose.

thanks for the tip on that site Tbase - sounds cool

fwiw - I'm trying to rock something out this month; have a modest idea . . . just not sure if it is Allah's will for it to happen
:=)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

per99 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm Can't hear donkey tugger's track. Tried MS Edge and Firefox.
Not working for me either - ISP are up the spout, again...

I've added a google drive link as well to the post..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Ansd9 ... sp=sharing

you can shove tony blair up your arse!

Hey Vurt, love your submission. You didn't disappoint me. I was afraid you were going to do some commercial piece of rock crap but you came through with something worthy of the Vurt Scale.

:hail:

back to mindless noodling now :D
thanks

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 pm you can shove tony blair up your arse!
I'd have to take little Jakey Rees-Mogg out first....

Anyway...you've lost in the metel stakes.. :P

Sounds more shoegazey - I like it!

Both pusseez. I was promised Goth and Doom! Where is the Devil in October? I didn't bring him either. Time constraints.

Wagtunes gets a big block of cheese for that entry. That is the biggest hair ballad I have ever heard. I'm not even that gay to sing that. Bro...

Edit: It is well written though and could be transformed into something very easily. I just wished you could sing a little bit. Somehow your songwriting ideas have to make it to the next "production" level for presentation. I don't know the answer. Find a singer bro. You can write...structure is tight...regardless if I like the song, it's what you created. How do you pitch a song that you can't sing and can only barely play? I don't know. I think you need to mentor a band and try a few songs to see. I've heard you talk about your past...but your future to me means finding musicians and giving it a shot again.

Tbase2000 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 pm Wagtunes gets a big block of cheese for that entry. That is the biggest hair ballad I have ever heard. I'm not even that gay to sing that. Bro...

Edit: It is well written though and could be transformed into something very easily. I just wished you could sing a little bit. Somehow your songwriting ideas have to make it to the next "production" level for presentation. I don't know the answer. Find a singer bro. You can write...structure is tight...regardless if I like the song, it's what you created. How do you pitch a song that you can't sing and can only barely play? I don't know. I think you need to mentor a band and try a few songs to see. I've heard you talk about your past...but your future to me means finding musicians and giving it a shot again.
Not even sure how to respond to this. DT tells me he hates my stuff because of Vocaloid and if I would just sing it myself he'd score it higher. You tell me I can't sing (and I'm not even going to argue with that because of course I can't) so I don't even know what the answer is.

Maybe I should just give up music altogether.

Never give up. I found some God Metal that finally works for me. People keep working until they die.
https://youtu.be/Z1C4lrcQBZw

This song is Nasty and beautiful.

The point is.. if anyone ever came to me with these lyrics I would immediately turned away. But what a fool I would have been. Look at what these guys did with that. HUGE!

Return to “Music Cafe”