Moog One is ugly...

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
V0RT3X
KVRAF
7254 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Canada

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:38 pm

But I still want one.

Anyways I'm watching this livestream from MOOG which is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49vHK_D5-gA

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
2892 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Moog One is ugly...

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 am

Your Grandmother is ugly :P
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
5585 posts since 5 Jul, 2001 from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Lol
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2467 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:03 am

For me personaly it would be a real beauty if not that diarrhoea colored wood, but because of the rest i can overlook that.

D-Fusion
KVRAF
3402 posts since 13 Jul, 2004 from Earth

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:10 am

The wood should have been Black or dark grey.
It looks like a ugly broken furniture that i would never put my coffee cup or snacks bowl on.

While they have been on this huge Mother naming synth lines i am dissapointed in that this wasn't name MotherLoad which actually sounds cooler then The Moog One.

The Moog MotherLoad a powerfull Mother synth that can do x,y and z and then some.
It can also make you waffles and Coffee with a press of a button.

DrGonzo
KVRAF
2033 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from A Swede Living in Budapest

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 am

Yeah. Kind of ugly in a Memorymoog sort of way. Ugly but very cool looking.

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
DISTORTED EVOLUTION SPACE - Deep Space soundscapes for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Roland S750/DJ70 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm

JCJR
KVRAF
2363 posts since 17 Apr, 2005 from S.E. TN

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 am

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but another factor could be the live-vs-picture thang.

Ya know, like some women look fabulous in a picture but not so much in person. Then other women might look plain in pictures but live they are a knockout.

In-person the Memory Moog was just hands-down georgeous, sexiest polysynth ever, at least to my eye. Knowing how purty it is in person, my brain sees the same thing in pictures of the Memory Moog. But if a fella never encountered a Memory Moog hands-on, he might not appreciate how truly georgeous it is merely by ogling a picture.

Maybe in-person the Moog One isn't as purty as I see in pictures. I associate it with Memory Moog because basic industrial design is so similar. If I never saw either one hands-on, dunno if the picture alone would look purty to me.

himalaya
KVRAF
4859 posts since 23 Mar, 2006 from pendeLondonmonium

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:31 am

I like it. I played it yesterday, and it looks imposing. The top panel is lovely. Those tiny waveform screens give a cool vibe.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”