Windows 10: Customising flight mode possible?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and when I turn flight mode on it disables these also so I then need to open the lid of my Surface and manually switch BT back on. This may not sound like a big deal but the Surface is in a slidey drawer and upside down so it is a bit of a faff.

Essentially I'd like to customise flight mode so that BT stays on. Is this possible? Yes I realise I can simply disable Wi-Fi but I don't want that.

The alternative solution I'm considering it buying a tiny 1" USB touchpad that I'll mount to the back of the desk and use that to switch BT back on.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

No, Airplane Mode is for usage in airplanes, so all wireless connections get turned off.

I think there's just the wifi and bluetooth that get switched off, so can you explain why you prefer using Airplane mode to just switch off the wifi?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 am No, Airplane Mode is for usage in airplanes, so all wireless connections get turned off.

I think there's just the wifi and bluetooth that get switched off, so can you explain why you prefer using Airplane mode to just switch off the wifi?
Well to be honest I didn't want to explain this because you'll laugh at me and call me lazy. Turning off Wi-Fi is two clicks vs one for Flight mode. Obviously it's not a huge deal so I can easily get on with my life, I just wanted to know if it was possible.

That said, reinstating BT afterward is two clicks anyway so :dog:

Theres most probably an Fn key combo to disable wifi
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am Theres most probably an Fn key combo to disable wifi
You can roll your own: https://www.howtogeek.com/275715/how-to ... n-windows/

But tbh why even bother with switching wifi on & off, what's the impact? Maybe if it solves crackles and you can run your projects with lower latency, I can understand.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks guys, will investigate rolling my own.

Re the benefit it is threefold:
1) I have noticed a marginal increase in the size of the projects I’m able to run. The current one is at 80 tracks now so this becomes important;
2) it gives me confidence Windows isn’t going to run off and do something in the middle of a killer take;
3) it eliminates internet distractions such as this lovely site.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”